Need a place to Camp as close to FW as possible.

We are finally getting to camp at FW this weekend for Halloween, (Thanks for finding us a spot Nacole) Reservations starting Saturday. We want to drive in Friday night and Boondock or RV park as close to the park as possible that way we can visit for breakfast before check in on saturday. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on a place to stay?

We are headed in from the North down 75. 

We are hopeful that a spot opens up for friday in the park but just in case we need a backup. 

Thanks

I think we have pretty much decided to always stay our first night in Orlando at Sherwood Forrest... why pay a full day's price for a half a Fort day? Anyway, they are very close to Disney property and pretty reasonable by comparison. I don't think you'll find anywhere remotely close to boondock at. Tropical Palms is even closer (by about a block) but I've never been there so I can't really comment.

Most of the central Florida counties/cities have ordinances prohibiting boon-docking so all of the usual places like WalMart are out.  That leaves you to a commercial campground or truck stops like Pilot or Flying J or a Florida I-75/Turnpike rest area.

Speaking about the Florida Turnpike, if you plan on an I-75/Turnpike route get a Florida Sunpass toll pass https://www.sunpass.com/index

You can stop at the Turnpike Okahumpka Service Plaza Gift Shop (mile marker 299) and buy one there.  You enter the Turnpike at mile marker 309 and Okahumpka is before the first toll.  But, bring an iPad or laptop into the service plaza with you.  When you buy the toll pass you still have to set up an on-line account and fund the pass.  The service plaza has free WiFi inside so it works out well.  If not you have to pay tolls in cash and while the mainline turnpike is set up for cash, some secondary exits are unattended and without exact change you can't exit there.

Most of the central Florida counties/cities have ordinances prohibiting boon-docking so all of the usual places like WalMart are out.  That leaves you to a commercial campground or truck stops like Pilot or Flying J or a Florida I-75/Turnpike rest area.

Speaking about the Florida Turnpike, if you plan on an I-75/Turnpike route get a Florida Sunpass toll pass https://www.sunpass.com/index

You can stop at the Turnpike Okahumpka Service Plaza Gift Shop (mile marker 299) and buy one there.  You enter the Turnpike at mile marker 309 and Okahumpka is before the first toll.  But, bring an iPad or laptop into the service plaza with you.  When you buy the toll pass you still have to set up an on-line account and fund the pass.  The service plaza has free WiFi inside so it works out well.  If not you have to pay tolls in cash and while the mainline turnpike is set up for cash, some secondary exits are unattended and without exact change you can't exit there.

That is good advice.

If you don't have a SunPass and blow thru a toll, they will bill you by plate.  There is an administrative charge added onto the toll charge itself, and I don't know if they add the charge per toll or if you rack up 3 they bill you once for all or individually. 

Since you live in GA, see if the Publix there sells the Sun Pass for FL.  Any of them down here sell them. 

And the SunPass page says it works where they take Peach Pass, and the PeachPass page says theirs works in Fl and NC.

That is good advice.

If you don't have a SunPass and blow thru a toll, they will bill you by plate.  There is an administrative charge added onto the toll charge itself, and I don't know if they add the charge per toll or if you rack up 3 they bill you once for all or individually. 

Since you live in GA, see if the Publix there sells the Sun Pass for FL.  Any of them down here sell them. 

And the SunPass page says it works where they take Peach Pass, and the PeachPass page says theirs works in Fl and NC.

Yep... we got a Peach Pass for that reason :)

Okahumpka is under major construction, as in they leveled the building. Gas only. Don't know if they have the SunPass at the gas station. You can order the SunPass online now.

Okahumpka is under major construction, as in they leveled the building. Gas only. Don't know if they have the SunPass at the gas station. You can order the SunPass online now.

Well, heck.....

Probably too late to order on line for a Halloween trip  :(

Are all the interstates in Georgia toll roads?  I will be traveling from TX to Statesboro GA for Thanksgiving, Are I-20, I-75 or I-16 toll roads?

think the only toll rode currently in GA, is I-85 North of Atlanta.   I know that there are no toll roads on I-75 or I-20... not sure about I-16 as I've never traveled on that interstate.

Well, heck.....

Probably too late to order on line for a Halloween trip  :(

For anyone else that may need a SunPass, numerous stores in FL sell them including Publix grocery, Walgreens and CVS.  One of these should be fairly close to an interstate exit if you aren't near a rest area that carries them.  Here is a link to turnpike and interstate rest areas that do carry them   https://www.sunpass.com/salesLocations

Anyone know if the back door directions into the Fort are posted around here for Adam in case he might want a easier way in?  (that is the directions coming down 429)

Here are some notes on a TR thread of mine. I'm sure there are more clear directions, but this has a map, at least...

Someone recommended a route going into the Fort from the backway through Flamingo Crossing. Whoever this was, thank you! This saved us a bunch of time avoiding 192 and we weren't on I-4 at all. I took 192 one time and remembered how much I preferred this back way. So, if you're staying at Thousand Trails Orlando or Lake Louisa or something else out towards Clermont- turn at the Wawa (see mapped directions).