Lets hope 1 week is not too long in a small camper.

Pre-trip Report

This is our first big trip with the camper. We are leaving tonight and driving through the night. My wife, DD(18 Months) and I are packing up our Rpod 173T and heading down to Fort Wilderness Campground. We have taking a lot of weekend trips, but never a week long trip. We have tried multiple things to get the camper ready and to give us enough space so we are not on top of each other the whole time. We are also able to take our dogs, Daisy (Border Collie) and Scamp (Miniature Australian Shepard), with us for the first time to Disney.

We will be getting a cart from Steve from Golf & Electric Vehicles. The total cost from Saturday to Saturday is just under $240.

I will be as live as I can be and post pictures, but most likely will be using my phone(EVO) as my internet access. I will definitely post what campsite we are in.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure ya'll will have a blast, and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing all about it.

HAVE FUN!        :banana:

We finally arrived at 7:30 in the morning.  We got checked in and are at site 347.  It took close to 4 hours to unpack and get everything ready.  If you are not good at backing up, do jot accept this site.  Although it is close to the comfort station, took me about 15 minutes to back in.

My golf cart from Steve showed up.

I ended up plugging into the wrong power box.  It sounds like they disabled all the tree boxes.  However, when I showed up it was open and did not realize the other box was power.

Anyone at the fort, please feel free to stop by.  We will be heading to the Magic Kingdom in a not for my DD's first haircut.  We are going to get it cut at the Harmony Barber shop.

I will eventually post pictures after I take them and get my laptop up and going.

Jon

You're going to have a great time!  Don't worry about the space.  You always have outside to use to "spread out".  The hubbs and I spent two weeks in our truck camper.  You will be fine!

And she does not even like him :D

But if you are worried about space, just use some of Bruce's space saving methods and cut the sleeves off of your shirts.

Saturday - Arrival Day/Set-up/DD First haircut

Thank you for your patience on this what is not so live trip report.  We have just been so busy.  My wife, DD and I headed to the Magic Kingdom.  We just missed the boat over and we had to wait till the next one.  Her Appointment was at 3:30 and they wanted us to be there by 3:20.  We were just boarding the next boat at 3:20, we were at the dock by 2:55.  We get to the Magic Kingdom and my wife takes my DD over to the Barber Shop while I get bags checked and deal with the stroller.

They were great.  They got her right in and gave her a bunch of stickers.  I was so proud of my DD for behaving herself.

After getting her haircut, we decided to go see how long the line were for Mickey and the Princesses.  Mickey was about 10 minutes total, while the princesses line seem to take forever.  Although my DD slept through getting her pictures with the princesses, she was also very shy with Mickey.

At that time we decided it was time to head back.  We ate at Trails End and had a very good dinner.  We then came back and went to the pool.  The crowds seem to go down a little and my DD had a blast at the sprayground.

The dogs seem to be having fun.  We have brought them to the dog park and had some nice walks with them.  They seem to behaving very well in the camper.

My DD loves the golf cart.  She likes to sit in it and pretend she is driving.

Sunday - Hollywood Studios - Friends come into town

Well this day did not start out so well.  On our way into Hollywood Studios, my DW accidentally tripped over the stroller and fell.  Well, she was also holding my DD and she tried to brace her, but my DD?s head nailed the concrete.  My DW grabbed her and rushed to First Aid.  They let her into First Aid before the park opened.  We are VERY lucky that the only thing that happened was my DD had a big bump on her head and my DW has some scrapes and bruises.

We rode Toy Story Mania and then we split up.  My DW and DD went to Disney Junior, she loves Jake, and they also went Little Mermaid.  I went to Rock and Roll Coaster, rode Toy Story Mania again and drew Tigger at Animation Academy.  It was more of an attempt to draw Tigger.

We ate lunch at the Brown Derby and then came back.  We had friends come into town that we met on a Disney Cruise back in ?05.  We played Dominoe?s cooked and the grill and drove around the campgrounds.

Monday - Animal Kingdom

This morning we got off to a slow start.  I think the driving and my DD being sick all last week finally caught up to us.  We decided to go back to sleep when the alarm went off.  We woke off and headed to Animal Kingdom.  I went to go ride Kali River Rapids while my DW and DD went to go to the petting zoo.  I rode the rapids 7 times and then using the Single Rider line, I rode Expedition Everest 3 times.  My DW and DD were going to see Nemo, but the train had issues from the animals and so they missed the show.  We ate at Yak and Yeti.  Food was very good, but way overpriced for the portions.  I will probably not eat there again.  We are not just hanging out at the campsite relaxing.  My DD is getting into everything that she can possibly can.

I am uploading pictures as we speak, so hopefully I will have some pictures up.  Have not taken much at the fort yet.  Hope to do that soon.

I love when someone who plans on a "live" TR ends up doing a "not so live" A fort vacation goes too fast to waste time indulging our fantasies. :o Sounds like you're having a great time, glad the wife and daughter are ok after their fall. Can't wait to see pictures! :rofl2:

You wanted some pictures.  Here you go.  I hope to get more taken.

Site 347.

DSC_2775.jpg

Some Pictures of our set-up.

DSC_2776.jpg

DSC_2777.jpg

The back of the set-up.

DSC_2779.jpg

From the back of the site.

DSC_2780.jpg

My Dd Getting her haircut.

DSC_2792.jpg

The after picture with her certificate.

DSC_2803.jpg

My DD driving the Golf Cart.

DSC_2867.jpg

The campground seems empty.  As of right now there are only about 4 campers in view of our site.  The majority of them are empty.

We decided to go to the pool after we rested and DD had a blast again at the spray ground.  We came back and cooked burgers and dogs on the grill and are probably going to rest up for tomorrow.

If you have any specific pictures or questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to take the picture or answer the question.

jon