Has anyone visited Pigeon Forge, over the week of Christmas?  If so... can you tell me about your experience (weather, what you did, etc).  Looks like Dollywood is closed Christmas Day and the day after.  Chances of snow up there?  Pulling the camper in snow, makes me more nervous than camping (even though I'm a shorts and tank top kind-of gal ;) ).

Christmas week traffic along the parkway through Gatlinburg and PF can be at a standstill.  Plan accordingly....investigate alternative routes to get around where possible, and expect everything to be crowded.  Like Disney crowded.  We went once during Christmas week and likely never will again.  

Thanks... that's what I needed to know.  We have reservations for Disney at Christmas.  We'll only spend a few hours at the park, really scheduled a trip at Christmas so we could see the lights at the Fort.  Just figured the Fort might be filled with crazies, so that's making us re-think our trip.  We were just there for 2.5 weeks and we're scheduled to go back in April so... trying to decide if we want to do something else for Christmas.

Thanks... that's what I needed to know.  We have reservations for Disney at Christmas.  We'll only spend a few hours at the park, really scheduled a trip at Christmas so we could see the lights at the Fort.  Just figured the Fort might be filled with crazies, so that's making us re-think our trip.  We were just there for 2.5 weeks and we're scheduled to go back in April so... trying to decide if we want to do something else for Christmas.

No you dont. You want to come down and hang out with me and my wife. LOL

No you dont. You want to come down and hang out with me and my wife. LOL

Haha... this is true ;)

The Fort will be an Oasis compared to the parks. I really don't think it's like Halloween where everyone is out trick or treating. Christmas at the Fort is a lot more laid back.

Thanks Carol... we're really hoping that's the case!! :)

Yep what everyone said, the Fort is great at Christmas!

I'll add my $.02.  We wouldn't consider Pigeon Forge at Christmas because of the chance of bad weather.  Drove home in snowy weather from the fort a few years ago.  That scared me enough to stay out of the mountains in bad weather.  Actually I stay out of the mountains in good weather.

We only live an hour from the Blue Ridge Parkway.  When I was a little girl my parents had a 1950 Oldsmobile Delta 88.  That car would fly.  We went to the Parkway often, and my father would drive back off the mountain like a banshee.  I was always terrified and in the back seat floorboard.  Now I just shut my eyes when coming down off the mountain.

Cute

I know...right?! :)      Oh... do you know the answer to this:  Our AP, will those stay on the bands from the last trip or do they somehow transfer to these new bands??

I'll add my $.02.  We wouldn't consider Pigeon Forge at Christmas because of the chance of bad weather.  Drove home in snowy weather from the fort a few years ago.  That scared me enough to stay out of the mountains in bad weather.  Actually I stay out of the mountains in good weather.

We only live an hour from the Blue Ridge Parkway.  When I was a little girl my parents had a 1950 Oldsmobile Delta 88.  That car would fly.  We went to the Parkway often, and my father would drive back off the mountain like a banshee.  I was always terrified and in the back seat floorboard.  Now I just shut my eyes when coming down off the mountain.

Oh goodness, we are such kindred spirits :)    Tom has to go very, vvvverrry slow up/down any mountains for me.   I've actually ruled out Pigeon Forge, because of the weather.  If we were staying in a condo at a huge resort, that make make more sense (with the weather).  But I don't think I want to drive our camper up (possibly) snowy roads and be in a town with snow, in an RV.  I don't know... if I was a cold weather person, that might make more sense.  I actually considered the Great Wolf Lodge there in Charlotte but... their Christmas prices are very high, so it's not worth it.   We're camping this weekend here in Atlanta, that's enough cold weather camping for me  ;)

I know...right?! :)      Oh... do you know the answer to this:  Our AP, will those stay on the bands from the last trip or do they somehow transfer to these new bands??

Your AP will be on any and all MBs that are in your MDE account. Also, even your old MBs will "reactivate" to open the gates at the parking lot, the comfort stations, and will work for charging  if you have that set up.

Your AP will be on any and all MBs that are in your MDE account. Also, even your old MBs will "reactivate" to open the gates at the parking lot, the comfort stations, and will work for charging  if you have that set up.

Wow... good to know.  Thanks Carol :)