Yellow fly season is approaching at the Fort. Post your updates here.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 6 beach balls today at CVS. They are on sale for 25% off with your CVS card. I also got a can of black paint at the dollar store for 50 cents. Damn! I am good! :rofl2:

I was just telling Mike about the traps. What exactly will you use to make them sticky? And yes you are good. :banana:

I bought 6 beach balls today at CVS. They are on sale for 25% off with your CVS card. I also got a can of black paint at the dollar store for 50 cents. Damn! I am good! :rofl2:

You do know the difference between a nice girl and a good girl - don't you?

I just painted those beach balls today (during a break from my lesson plan marathon). I had actually bought 5, not 6. I plan on buying much more! I found some vinyl/carpet spray paint in the garage and wow! did that stuff work out great. You can tell in the picture where I ran out on the last ball. The enamel paint is a PITA. I will be going and getting some more of that vinyl paint for the next round. I plan on having an arsenal of these babies when I go to the fort for the 4th! If people want them, they can pay me for my work! :rofl2: I will have them all painted and put in a box and spray all the adhesive on when I get there. Hopefully I will not be bitten in the process! :rofl2:

227348_2077339451745_1192749535_32522482_5255718_n.jpg

I think the yellow flies are selective...they don't seem that bad (yet) in the 700 loop. I have two nasty looking bites, the grandson has one small bite and DH has none. If they get any worse I will be running to Wally World to buy beach balls, paint and adhesive. We've been looking but haven't see anybody with black beach ball "decorations" anywhere.

When we got here thursday they almost are us up, then no more until today. When Lou and Gail came by I saw one, before long they're was a swarm! Aiden would have been able to make good use of the fly swatter, heck I may come get him tomorrow to hang out for a while!

I think the yellow flies are selective...they don't seem that bad (yet) in the 700 loop. I have two nasty looking bites, the grandson has one small bite and DH has none. If they get any worse I will be running to Wally World to buy beach balls, paint and adhesive. We've been looking but haven't see anybody with black beach ball "decorations" anywhere.

I saw a guy with these last Memorial Day. He SWORE by them and was out in the 1900 loop all day long every day. There has to be something to them and I see crap all over the internet for them, so I am on a mission. I am paintin me some black beach balls, as many as I can afford, until I go for the 4th.

I saw a guy with these last Memorial Day. He SWORE by them and was out in the 1900 loop all day long every day. There has to be something to them and I see crap all over the internet for them, so I am on a mission. I am paintin me some black beach balls, as many as I can afford, until I go for the 4th.

It's not Memorial weekend yet...maybe we're just too early? ;D

I got another one on the elbow and one on the leg...DH still has none....not fair!!! :argh:

I am really starting to panic about these deer flies for our upcoming trip in June. We camp all over the mid-atlantic states PA-NC and I've never come across these.

I'd like to understand whether a stationary thing (like a beach ball or flower pot) would attract the flies. From what I've read on the internet, they attack moving objects.

I'm all ready to attach one of the solo cups to my husband's hat and let him troll around our loop before I come out of the camper! :rofl2: