The Good Ole Days at Fort Wilderness... Then and now?

On 2/26/2016 at 5:53 PM, ftwildernessrick said:

Boat transportation has changed little except for a few things. When it was just the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Poly, and the Fort (not including Disney Inn or Treehouse), there was a boat that you could take from the Fort to Poly. Also, on very crowded days, Disney used to have a large boat similar to the ones used from the TTC to Magic Kingdom, but a bit smaller. About an hour prior to park opening, it would dock at the end of the Fort's dock, sideways. It had a side entry door and they had a ramp they placed from it to the dock. It would pull out about 30 minutes until opening. After the other parks opened, it took the strain off MK and was no longer used. Even though the lines fro the boat seem long some times, they are nothing like I have seen them.

More to follow

Supposedly the big ferry can still dock at the Fort. I actually saw some practice docking a few years ago.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before I answer that directly I have to put things in perspective. Grandma and I have never considered the FORT a "campground" it has always been a "THEMED"  RV destination resort(We've been full

Our good old days only go back to 2002 when we moved to FL.  The biggest changes we saw were after the 2004 hurricanes.  The planting of new shrubs and then the wider premium sites.  Now about 11 year

All I know is when we made our first trip, 1979, it was the same year Jossie and Paullete started and they're still here. :)   

My parents stayed at the fort soon after it opened and we have back back at least annually and the last few years we go at least twice. Long drive from Ohio but worth it. I miss the train and the old wagon coach by the playground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk