This is the first I've seen of this, and I haven't found anything official from Disney yet, but apparently there will be no 24 Hour Event this year.  Theme Park Tourist speculates as to why in this article...

4 Reasons Why Disney Cancelled One of its Most Popular Events in 2016

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20160319/31823/why-disney-cancelled-one-its-most-popular-events

I've done this twice at WDW, most recently 2 years ago. It was fun, but having done it once before I can say that last time was "same ol' same ol" and I can buy the reason that it may not have been popular enough at WDW. Other than a different theme, there wasn't really anything new or interesting for us - which is a big reason why we didn't go last year.

We went last year and enjoyed ourselves. It helped that it was just my wife and I and we didn't have to deal with the kids. BUT- they didn't seem to do much special for the guests. It seems like they could have done some fun stuff in the wee hours of the morning.

The article mentioned the very low crowds once 2-3am came and that's no joke. There was a thunder storm around midnight that coincided with the end of a parade or something- I heard that here was a traffic jam of people getting under the train station and getting in or out. For us- we were already inside and were hanging out inside a building for the worst of the rain.

I can understand it not being as popular at WDW with many of the guests staying at resorts and already visiting the MK on multiple days there is little incentive to stay up all night just to have the park to yourself. On top of that many of the visitors are families with younger children who are in bed well before midnight and can't be left alone.