I made it, I Fount it, we're here!!!!

15 minutes ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

We have been in that area twice around two Christmas'.  We really didn't notice the noise inside with the A/Cs running.   We are also all late sleepers, and weren't bothered.  Of course with canvas sides, it might be a different story.  We travel in a MH.

I camped in 1208 for Thanksgiving week a few years ago.  That's a busy time at the Fort.  I have a pop-up (canvas walls), and I had the bunk closest to the road.  1208 is the site next to 1209, and closer to the four-way stop. Except for the occasional knucklehead with a noisy gas golf cart,  I had absolutely no issue with road noise.

The buses aren't very noisy driving around.  Now, when they have to stop and load or unload a scooter- that's a whole different story. I heard a lot more bus noise coming from the Settlement Bus Stop when camped in the 700 and 100 loops.

TCD

I have grey water only. My experience with using just a garden hose to drain the grey water directly to a sewer connection was that it was reaaaaaaalllllly slow.

I ended up purchasing an adapter cap that I screw in a short hose fitting, then attached the adapter cap to a standard sewer hose. I actually got the really good sewer hose that doesn't "droop" to create low valleys.

It is so nice when I have sewer to just let the sink drain straight to the sewer.

Of course for when I don't have sewer, have a collapsible grey water jug that I empty in the bath house when needed.

Still no issue with road noise. We have sitting and eating outside. My 7 and 4 year old have no problem sleeping in their bunk house. 

As for the garden hose, I'd steer away. It only takes 1 dark night, or one friendly hand to have you drinking out of that slow flowing hose. The big Y for dump hose doesnt cost much at all. I now have all the hose I'll ever need I hope. Ended up with a 15' section. but if i cannot get it done with 40' of sewer hose, i need to move the camper.

• 2 weeks later...

Doug,  Not sure I understand your gray/black tank situation.  You say you have two gray tanks...but no black?  Why do you have a black outlet if you have no black tank?  Do you have a toilet plumbed through the floor? ..into a tank?  Do you have two gray outlets and a black outlet?  Are the two gray outlets close together?  Inquiring minds want to know...or just nosy.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Doug,  Not sure I understand your gray/black tank situation.  You say you have two gray tanks...but no black?  Why do you have a black outlet if you have no black tank?  Do you have a toilet plumbed through the floor? ..into a tank?  Do you have two gray outlets and a black outlet?  Are the two gray outlets close together?  Inquiring minds want to know...or just nosy.  :rolleyes:

No, I'm just a terrible writer. I have 3 gray tanks and 2 black tanks connected to 2 different sewer outlets. Each tank has its own pull valve.

Sewer connection #1

• Gray tank for shower + front bathroom sink
  • Gray tank for kitchen
  • Black for front bathroom toilet

Sewer connection #2

• Gray tank for outside kitchen sink
  • Black tank for rear bathroom toilet + sink

The sewer outlets are separated by a good 10-15' or so. I can't combine them due to lack of slope + that there is a blank tank involved back there.