2017 Brings Major Snack and Dessert Changes to Walt Disney World Dining Plan

In 2017, dessert will be removed from all eligible counter service meals on both the Quick Service Dining Plan and the Basic Disney Dining Plan Packages. Replacing the dessert on both the Quick Service and Basic Plan will be the addition of a second snack credit daily. Overall this proposed change has the most effect on the Quick Service Plan who lost its second snack a number of years back and now loses two desserts and gains back a single snack. Other major changes include elimination of the rarely used Platinum and Premium plans.

• 2017 Proposed Quick Service Dining Plan
    • 2 Quick Service Meals (Entree & Drink) per person per day
    • 2 Snack Credits per person per day
  • 2017 Basic Dining Plan
    • 1 Quick Service Meal (Entree & Drink) per person per day
    • 1 Table Service Meal (Entree, Drink and Dessert) per person per day
    • 2 Snack Credits per person per day

These changes come no doubt to bring better balance to the plan after last May when Walt Disney World began allowing dining plan patrons to swap drinks and/or desserts for any snack eligible item at quick service locations and allowed desserts to be swapped at table service locations for a fruit place, small salad or cup of soup.

The Deluxe Disney Dining Plan is not expected to experience any changes.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/2017-brings-major-snack-and-dessert-changes-to-walt-disney-world-dining-plan/

This seems to be a positive change for my family.  We historically get the Basic plan and when eating the quick service for our lunch no one ever gets the dessert but we swap it for soup, or water.  Having the two snacks a day would allow a quick snack in the AM and an afternoon snack.  

This could also reduce the mad rush for tables during the lunch rush as it could extend the window for lunch if the little-ones get that morning snack around 10 or so...

I agree. I think these changes help it match how people eat more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. We hardly ever order dessert and if we do it is something that we share. Extra snack credits are great. Will they still allow those to be used at F&W? Because if so that makes the changes even better. Not for us because we won't be there then, but for anyone using the dining plan at that time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk