Rivers of light coming soon??

14 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

I can officially say that it is on hold for a while. Do not look for this until possibly Late spring or Fall due to the opening of Avatar in the summer. 

Gadzooks.  Again, I can't imagine how this all could have gone so amazingly wonky.  Here's hoping a totally different team is working on Avatarland!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh brother....those look like the same obnoxious Moms that I always wanted to punch in the nose while waiting for my kid at gymnastics.  Gabbing on their phones, feeding the younger kid some sort of c

Hey everyone..... check in on the 9th on the blog. Trust me... anyone there on the 10th-17th... might get a surprise and delight ? you will see a major announcement. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tap

Update: Tomorrow the Disney blog will be posted about ROL around 10 am. In the morning there will be dining packages available. They will have some great surprise days for DVC members and

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Gadzooks.  Again, I can't imagine how this all could have gone so amazingly wonky.  Here's hoping a totally different team is working on Avatarland!

There were a lot of things they didn't foresee prior to creating ROL. I know they are hard at work with it since this has been a project that should have been opened a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Thanks for staying on top of this Beckers.  Hopefully "near future" is actually near.

I agree- good job Beckers.

But, I'm not buying what good old David is selling.

Let's not forget that Beckers started this thread with David's #comingsoon post in September.

Is "near future" sooner than #comingsoon?

TCD

44 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Well, in this house if we say we are going to do something in the future or the kids will get something in the future it normally means "a long time, so long that we hope you forget about it" lol. Let's hope he doesn't have the same definition of "future"

Obviously, the guy has been working hard on the show.  And they did those CM previews.

I think "near future" means they're trying to get it open before Avatarland. 

And I think they will.  But, I also think that the show we ultimately see is not going to be anywhere near as cool as it was originally intended to be.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Beckers said:

This is floating around the internet "Cast members staffing the Rivers of Light show have been scheduled to work at the Discovery River Theater as of next week pointing to a February 12th (or roughly around that date) debut for Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom."

I've seen that rumor posted on several sites too. My sources say not going to happen. They're still not ready. 

TCD

14 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

Hey everyone..... check in on the 9th on the blog. Trust me... anyone there on the 10th-17th... might get a surprise and delight ? you will see a major announcement.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Very interesting.

I've heard they still weren't close to opening.

I guess we'll find out in 3 days!

TCD

4 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

Enjoy the announcement on the 9th everyone....

You might even get a few surprises the days following if you're at the park.

I'm going to be very busy the next few days. ??????

Cool.

Thanks for the scoop.  I haven't seen this information posted anywhere else, so props to you if this actually happens!

(not doubting you, just that there have been so many false starts of this show).

TCD

12 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

Well from our previous conversations, you know why I have the scoop.

True.

Like I said, I have no doubt you're reporting what you heard.

But, even though Disney has every intention of doing something with this show, there still could be unforeseen problems that derail the plan.

It's happened before, and it could happen again.

TCD

22 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

Hey everyone..... check in on the 9th on the blog. Trust me... anyone there on the 10th-17th... might get a surprise and delight ? you will see a major announcement.

I just realized my parents trip falls during these dates. If they get to see something before me I'll never hear the end of it ?

That said, TCD I know you've got Disney parks blog sign up spotting skills, so if any blog meet ups show up send me a smoke signal or something so I can try and sign them up!

True.

Like I said, I have no doubt you're reporting what you heard.

But, even though Disney has every intention of doing something with this show, there still could be unforeseen problems that derail the plan.

It's happened before, and it could happen again.

TCD

Very true. There is something else coming up on the 8th, so stay tuned.