• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dd and I just did our first pass at F&W today. We were using a ranking system of 1-5 (5 best). Here's what we tasted until we got full: Hawaii:Pork slider-4 dd doesn't like mayonnaise and still

We'll be there October 3rd through 9th (I think that's right) for the Food & Wine Festival.  We go every year.  We consider it a business trip since we own a liquor store!  It's my favorite time o

YAHOO !!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy I was finally able to add my extras days at The Fort, now I can cancel the reservations at the KOA and spend all 10 fun, food and wine filled days at WDW

Posting a few new more in here from the Disney Food Blog. Looks yummy!

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Brazil and Mexico Booths

Oct 4th, 2011 by AJ.

We’ve been exploring the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booths for a few days now, and you can see photos of just about every food and drink menu item available on our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Pages! But we also enjoy sharing quick reviews of the booths during the festival.

Mexico

Mexico is a true winner this year. The booth brought out a favorite from the La Hacienda de San Angel restaurant — shrimp tacos!

mexico-shimp-tacos-500x333.jpg

Crispy Shrimp Taco -- $3.75

The rib-eye tacos were MY favorite, though. (Are you surprised? I’m pretty sure my middle name is rib-eye at this point.) Flavorful and tasty!

rib-eye-taco-500x325.jpg

Rib Eye Tacos -- $5.50

The flan was a nicely-sized portion and tasted delicious.

mexico-flan-500x333.jpg

Flan -- $3.00

And while the Strawberry Lime Margarita isn’t as good as the ones you’ll find in La Cava del Tequila, it IS quite good!

mexico-strawberry-lime-margarita-350x525.jpg

Strawberry Lime Margarita on the Rocks -- $7.75

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Mexico Booth Page!

Brazil

Over at Brazil this year, there’s a completely new menu! The mahi mahi was really tasty; I like it as a new addition!

brazil-mahi-mahi-500x413.jpg

Seared Mahi Mahi with steamed Rice, Hearts of Palm, and Coconut-Lime Sauce -- $4.50

This signature Brazilian stew is made with black beans and pork — it was much darker than I expected! Very chunky and packed with black beans.

brazil-feijoada-2-500x333.jpg

Feijoada -- $2.75

Of course, the frozen Caipirinha was awesome!! Definitely a must-do drink at the festival in my opinion.

brazil-frozen-caipirinha-350x437.jpg

LeBlon Frozen Caipirinha -- $7.50

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Brazil Booth Page!

Tell us what YOU’RE loving at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/04/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-brazil-and-mexico-booths/

Hey Monique, I just remembered something from the F&W CM preview last Thursday.

I was born in Portugal so seeing that Portugal was added this year, guess what country I'm looking forward to trying?

I walk up and ask all the CMs working behind the counter, who's from Portugal, no one.

Ok, I'll try the Linguica sausage. It wasn't Portuguese Linguica, not even close.

I was tempted to suggest that they go to Publix and buy some. At least theirs is pretty close to the real thing.

Very disappointing, and no, I didn't take any photos of the food.

My dd and I just did our first pass at F&W today. We were using a ranking system of 1-5 (5 best).

Here's what we tasted until we got full:

Hawaii:Pork slider-4 dd doesn't like mayonnaise and still liked this

Desserts&Champ-White choc mousse-5 very good wished it were a bigger portion

Greece-Chicken souvlaki-3 it did not look nor taste like chicken, more like a mild sausage

Ireland-Cheese selection-4 too much cheese as we did not finish, but saved it for later. Lava cake-5 once again wished the portion was larger. Meade honey wine-5 sweet taste, did not taste the alcohol in it (plus for me!)

Belgium-choc seashell truffles-2, these are given to you in a sealed box. Not made up in the kitchen that day. Did not really have much of a choc taste.

Morocco- kefta pocket-3 nice sized and not too spicy

New Zealand-lamb slider-4 dd said hers was too spicy with the tomato sauce. I would agree based on that we don't really like spicy food, but I still finished it.

Hops and Barley-pumpkin mousse-5 loved the sweet taste especially the cake inside.

That's as far as we got today because we were full. Going back on Monday with dh so he can try a few things too.

Weather was awesome today. Nice breeze and not too hot. We didn't wait more than 2 minutes at any booth to be served.

If I ever figure out how to post pics from webshots I will.

From the Disney Food Blog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Hawaii and Caribbean Islands Booths

Oct 6th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s time for more 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth food pictures! As always, if you want to see full coverage of each booth, check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Pages! Click on any booth or country name for detailed information, menus, photos, and prices. We also wanted to share quick reviews of the booths during the festival.

Today — we’re off to two brand new World Showcase booths: Hawaii and the Caribbean!

Hawaii

Hawaii delights with a delicious pork slider this year — the added sweet and sour Dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise add even more layers of flavor.

I really liked this one, and was surprised to see pineapple baked into the roll!!

hawaii-pork-slider-500x416.jpg

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise -- $3.00

The Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad is less “up my alley” than the pork slider, but it was very fresh and high-quality. I’ve been hearing raves from seafood lovers!

hawaii-tuna-poke-370x525.jpg

Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Lotus Root Chips -- $3.75

The Mai Tai in Hawaii was lovely!! This is a must-buy for those mixed drink fans. Sweet, with a great flavor!

hawaii-mai-tai-465x525.jpg

Seven Tiki Mai Tai -- $7.25

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Hawaii Booth Page!

Caribbean Islands

Over in the new Caribbean booth, you’ll have the chance to sample the Jerk spiced chicken drumstick with mango salsa. This item is a huge serving, and the dark meat gives it some good flavor. Sadly, I was hoping for more Jerk seasoning on my portion, but it largely just tasted like…chicken.

caribbean-jerk-chicken-500x412.jpg

Jerk spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Salsa -- $3.25

The Ropa Vieja with rice was a great local dish, but, again, didn’t sing the way I’d hoped it would. Still, it’s worth a try if you’re hitting the Caribbean booth.

caribbean-ropa-vieja-500x333.jpg

Ropa Vieja (Braised Beef) with White Rice -- $3.50

The Frozen Dragon Berry Colada was veeeeeerrrry sweet! If you’re a pina colada fan, this might be for you!

caribbean-frozen-colada-416x525.jpg

Frozen Dragon Berry Colada -- $7.25

The Frozen Rock Coconut Mojito was my favorite of the bunch at the Caribbean booth! Tart with just a hint of mint, I was a fan from the get-go. Interesting, since I’m not usually a mojito lover!

caribbean-frozen-mojito-452x525.jpg

Frozen Rock Coconut Mojito -- $7.50

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Caribbean Islands Booth Page!

Tell us what YOU’RE loving at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival in the comments below!

And feel free to check out more food pictures on our booth pages!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/06/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-hawaii-and-caribbean-islands-booths/

From the Disney Food BLog...

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Portugal and Scandinavia Booths

Oct 7th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s time for more 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth food pictures!

As always, if you want to see full coverage of each booth, check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Pages! Click on any booth or country name for detailed information, menus, photos, and prices.

Today, let’s take an in-depth look at Portugal and Scandinavia!

Portugal

A brand new booth this year, Portugal brings some very different tastes to the Festival. We started out with the calamari salad with fennel, olive oil, and smoked paprika. The flavor here mostly comes from the fennel and olive oil, but the dish is unlike any other at the Festival!

portugal-calamari-500x409.jpg

Calamari Salad with Fennel, Olive Oil, and Smoked Paprika

The Pastel de Nata in Portugal is a fun and unique dessert. Basically a custard in a crust, the simple, light flavors tasted like vanilla to me! Definitely worth a try.

portugal-pastel-de-nata-500x399.jpg

Pastel de Nata

The Linguica Sausage with onions, peppers, and olives (mostly olives…) was outstanding. A super-spicy sausage accented with delicious flavors from the vegetables made for a hearty and savory dish. This was my favorite from Portugal.

portugal-sausage-and-olives-500x398.jpg

Linguica Sausage with Onions, Peppers, and Olives

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Portugal Booth Page!

Scandinavia

Scandinavia is returning this year after a hiatus at the festival, and brings us some cold-weather favorites! The Swedish meatballs with lingon berries (yay, lingon berries!!) was a winner for me. I liked the sweet paired with the savory in this dish.

Scandinavia-meatballs-500x406.jpg

Swedish Meatballs with Lingon Berries

But the rice pudding with berries was outstanding! My favorite item at this booth, hands down, was this dessert. Very creamy, with a depth a flavor you wouldn’t expect. The interesting textures made for a unique dish. Yum!!

Scandinavia-rice-pudding-375x525.jpg

Rice Pudding with Driscoll’s Only the Finest Berries

The Taste of Scandinavia was my least favorite dish here, as I imagine it will be for most folks. Cold fish and shrimp just didn’t make my taste buds shiver…

Scandinavia-Taste-of-500x333.jpg

Taste of Scandinavia — Shrimp Salad, Cured Salmon and Herring

Luckily, I followed up with the Xante Sunshine cocktail, featuring Xante pear and cognac liquor. This sweet cocktail — with a touch of tartness — was delicious.

Scandinavia-Xante-sunshine-350x525.jpg

Xante Sunshine cocktail made from Xante pear and cognac liquor

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Scandinavia Booth Page!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/07/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-portugal-and-scandinavia-booths/

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Center and More Merchandise

Oct 8th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s a rainy day here at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, so what better thing to do than shopping? We stopped at the Festival Center to see what we could find! Please excuse the smartphone pics — the rain was coming down pretty hard and I didn’t want to risk the DSLR!

Over at Tasteful Chapters, you’ll find the cookbooks from this year’s Festival presenters as well as plenty of other interesting food and beverage books. There are also some nice comfy couches and chairs for relaxing.

Festival-21-500x375.jpg

The Intermissions Cafe is the perfect place to grab a bite between seminars!

Festival1-500x375.jpg

Intermissions Cafe

Festival-3-500x375.jpg

Intermissions Cafe Menu

Over at the Festival Center merchandise area, we found some great new items.

Back again this year are bags made out of recycled banners from last year’s Food and Wine Festival! This year there are small make-up bags and large messenger bags for sale.

bag-500x375.jpg

Make-up bags recycled from last year's banners

photo-3-500x375.jpg

Recycled Messenger Bags

These always go super quick, so make sure to get them now! (The cast member told me that they’re selling through them rapidly this year as well.)

If you’d like to try to order them via Disney World Mail Order, here are the UPC codes.

photo-4-393x525.jpg

Price and UPC Code for Recycled Messenger Bag

photo-5-393x525.jpg

Price and UPC Code for Recycled Make-up Bag

We also saw some fun food-related T-shirts for the beer lover.

Festival-4-500x375.jpg

Men's Shirts

Festival-5-393x525.jpg

Men's Germany Beer Shirt

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/08/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-center-and-more-merchandise/

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Pictures: Canada and Australia Booths

Oct 10th, 2011 by AJ.

It’s time for more 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booth food pictures! Today we’re headed to two of the most popular booths at the Festival — Canada and Australia!

As always, if you want to see full coverage of each booth, check out our Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booth Pages! Click on any booth or country name for detailed information, menus, photos, and prices.

Australia

Australia brings back the favored lamb chop for the third year in a row, pairing it this time with a potato-goat cheese salad, which is quite good! A fun flavor and great texture. Again, the lamb deserves all of the accolades it’s getting.

australia-lamb-chop-500x291.jpg

Grilled Lamb Chop with Potato-Goat Cheese Salad and Shiraz Reduction -– $5.75

A surprise winner for me at the festival this year was the Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Citrus Glaze. The shrimp were very well-cooked and I really enjoyed the (more spicy than I expected) glaze!! Great flavor on these.

australia-shrimp-500x333.jpg

Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Citrus Glaze -– $4.50

And, again, the Lamington is a fantastic dessert. Offering three different textures and flavors — moist sponge cake, rich chocolate ganache, and coconut — it’s like eating a yummy, cakey Mounds bar!

Lamington-2-500x333.jpg

Lamington (chocolate and coconut covered Yellow Cake) -– $3.00

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Australia Booth Page!

Canada Booth

Over in Canada this year, some fan favorites return and there are some new things to sample.

The quintessential Moosehead Beer and Cheddar Cheese Soup is back again, delighting all!

soup-and-wine-500x333.jpg

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup – $3.75

And the salmon has switched a bit this year, now being served as a Maple and Moosehead-beer Glazed Salmon with Barley Salad. Our thoughts? We liked last year’s better, but this version is fine as well. I like the Barley salad this year better than last year’s Lentil version.

The Apple Ice wine seen in the photo below next to the salmon is the bubbly version, though you can get it sans effervescence as well. I didn’t love this as much as I wanted to; the bubbly made it bitter (in the way bubbly water can be bitter). I bet I would have liked the “still” version of the drink much better.

Canada-salmon-and-apple-ice-wine-350x525.jpg

Maple and Moosehead-Beer Glazed Salmon with Barley Salad -– $4.50 and Neige – FB (apple ice wine) –- $5.75

Once again, the Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta is a super-winner here. The sausage is very spicy again this year, and the sweet corn polenta is the perfect side dish. The polenta’s relaxed, sweet flavor softens the harsh spiciness of the chicken sausage. The perfect compliment.

We actually brought friends to the festival this year who returned again to this booth for more sausage!

Sausage-500x333.jpg

Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta -– $4.00

You can see more pictures, the full menu, and prices on our Canada Booth Page!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/10/epcot-food-and-wine-festival-food-pictures-canada-and-australia-booths/