New Appetizer Trio at Epcot?s Rose & Crown

From the Disney Food blog...

New Menu Item: Appetizer Trio at Epcot?s Rose & Crown Restaurant

Apr 19th, 2011

by AJ.

So, we chatted a few weeks ago about a food trend that seems to be taking Disney World by storm ? trios! And we?ve found another new menu trio over at the Rose & Crown Restaurant that we thought was pretty great ? almost as good as the English Bulldog!!

appetizer-menu1-500x322.jpg

While the Yorkshire Dales was definitely on the tip of my tongue to order, that appetizer trio is new on the menu since my last visit, and I couldn?t wait to try it. It included Rose & Crown?s delicious Potato & Leek Soup ? a strong contender for my favorite soup on property, scotch eggs, and Beef Pasties. The trio comes ?to share,? so there?s two of everything ? perfect when you don?t want someone stealing any of your soup!!!

Appetizer-Trio1-456x550.jpg

Rose & Crown Appetizer Trio

First, I dug into that delectable soup. That stuff is cream + butter + salt + cream + butter + salt + essence of potato and leek I?m pretty sure, and it. is. divine. But soon I had to switch my attention to the scotch egg, which I?d never tried before.

See, I?m not a huge fan of boiled eggs, but I couldn?t really pass up the chance to sample this. I mean, it?s wrapped in sausage meat and then it?s deep-fried! How could that possibly be bad?

Scotch-Egg1-500x333.jpg

Scotch Egg with Mustard Sauce

And it wasn?t bad. It was quite good. We?re pretty much scotch egg converts now. ;-) But I?m looking forward to hearing from any UK residents out there who can tell me how much this is an ?approximation? of a scotch egg. What?s missing and/or different from what you get at home?

Then it was on to the final piece of the trio ? the beef pasty. Now, once again, how can you go wrong with beef and veg in a buttery pastry?! Delicious.

Pasty1-500x333.jpg

Beef Pasty

Pasty-inside1-500x333.jpg

Beef Pasty Cross-Section

So I?m eager to see who else has tried this ? and who wants to try it! Since this meal, we?ve been counting the days until we can head back to Rose & Crown. Stay tuned to read all about the ?perfect? beer flight we had as well? that one?s coming up soon!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/04/19/new-menu-item-appetizer-trio-at-epcots-rose-crown-restaurant/

Ooh - I do love a good scotch egg.

If you're ever over at Universal, pop in on the Irish pub there inside the park - they make a nice one too.

Shoot, that would be a MEAL for me, forget the entree!!!

Agreed!  That and maybe splitting a salad with DH and I'd be a happy camper (literally).

Of course there ain't now way I'm splitting the app with him.  I'm with pixi - get yer own!