Characters in Flight - balloon ride at Downtown Disney

We did this the weekend of Nov 14-15, 2009 - Festival of the Masters was going on so DTD was pretty busy. We walked up, bought our tix and got on the 2nd ride after that. Although the line behind us formed pretty quickly. Rides are only about 10 minutes long though, so even if the line looks long, it might not be a super long wait.

Also something to keep in mind, if it's a bit breezy, but not windy enough to actually stop flights, they will load fewer people on the balloon to compensate. Also depending on wind speed, they may not go up as high as the full 400'.

So timing is key to get the best possible right. Ideally you want to pick a clear day with little to now breeze at all.

Here are some pics from our flight...

DTD-Balloon05.jpg

Contemporary in the distance. You can't see the castle because it is behind it...

DTD-Balloon08.jpg

Epcot...

DTD-Balloon09.jpg

Saratoga Springs...

DTD-Balloon14.jpg

DTD-Balloon19.jpg

DTD-Balloon24.jpg

One last tidbit. If you save your receipt, you can come back at any time, and as long as the receipt is still readable, you'll get 20% off your next flight.

So was it "worth it" - Bahahahahaha

no

:dance:

Seriously though - it was pretty cool and a perfect day to go up.  You could see for miles.

I kept our receipt (can you say packrat?) and we were hoping to go back at night this year and time it for fireworks, but we never got around to it.

Maybe this year.  :D

I did this in April 2009 and the experience was awesome!!

FYI, we wandered past this last night and the actual name is Characters in Flight!!

(Flights of Wonder is a show in Animal Kingdom, we saw that yesterday also) :o

Ooh - my bad!  Thanks for that, I'll fix the thread title now.

• 1 year later...