Request for a specific site -- How have others done it?

When I was at FW in January I did some scouting for our August trip looking for sites that had trees which blocked a lot of the afternoon sun.  I compiled a list of sites from 4 loops which we like but now I need some advice with the request I'll fax in from others who have requested specific sites rather than a loop. 

Should I include a list of 5 or 6 sites that comprise different loops or would it be better to list 5 or 6 sites within the same loop?  How have others done it and what have your results been?  If you include a list of sites, do you normally get one of them?

Thanks for any advice... I've always just sent in a loop request and have always had good luck with that, but a request for specific sites is new for me.

When faxing in your request, make sure that you include at least three spots you need.  While they won't guarantee this, this will try based on what they will have available.  When our new content portion comes live soon, you will have a much easier time picking out what site you need.  You won't even need to leave the comfort of your home either. :banana:

When faxing in your request, make sure that you include at least three spots you need.  While they won't guarantee this, this will try based on what they will have available.  When our new content portion comes live soon, you will have a much easier time picking out what site you need.  You won't even need to leave the comfort of your home either. :banana:

YAY! :banana:

We note our loop request on our reservation.

Then 4-5 days prior to check in we send a very pleasant fax and give them our top 3-5 choices for sites, including *why* we want them (in our case it's mostly because it's easier with the dogs).

We're 3 for 3 so far.  Last year we got our #2 choice.

Keep in mind that when you check in matters.  If it's a busy day or time of year, it's going to be harder for them to meet specific requests.

Prevailing wisdom is that if you give them what you want in a site (location, etc.) you have better luck of getting what you want.

For instance last year, our #1 choice already had someone in it when we arrived that had checked in a week earlier.

Good luck!

The fax# is:407-824-3508

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I?m really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Your name here

When our new content portion comes live soon, you will have a much easier time picking out what site you need.  You won't even need to leave the comfort of your home either. :worship:

That sounds great but to be honest, leaving the cold of Canada in January to scout sites at Fort Wilderness wasn't all that bad!!  :banana:

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  We have a 24 night reservation for August so I was hoping to get a site with afternoon shade as we're a family that likes to hit the parks early and then return around noon or shortly after.  My wife likes the 1300 loop so I've got a list of 5 or 6 sites there that should work.

I'll be sure to use all the sugggestions here and see how it works out.  :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

We also send a fax to the site assigner...we are 1 for about 12 even though we don't usually come at any peak time. Oh well, never was a lucky person (haven't won the lottery either ;D ) so we usually go inside and talk to a check in CM. We've found the CMs outside to have a "language barrier" issue too and they keep calling on the phone to check other site availability. Which results in holding up the line behind us. I know how anxious I get just waiting my turn to check in so I can imagine how others (especially those with kids) must feel while I'm holding up the line trying to get my site changed. Going inside seems easier since these CMs just step into the "back room" and check out availability for what you've requested. Sometimes we have just driven down to the loop and called back to the front and told them that we found a specific site open and ask to move to that site. Mostly they say okay unless there is a note in the system that it's "locked" meaning it's being held for somebody and cannot be changed (and you thought they didn't reserve specific sites?).