Walt Disney World Expands Minnie Van Service To Include Orlando International Airport — Details, Prices

The WDWMAGIC site has reported the expansion of regular Minnie Van service, including airport service, to more resorts as of this week:  

Here is a full list of resorts with Minnie Van availability:

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Disney's Minnie Van service to Orlando International Airport is also expanding to more resorts from today for Club Level guests.

• Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
  • Disney's Polynesain Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/minnie-van/news/05feb2018-more-resorts-added-to-disney-minnie-van-service-and-airport-service-expands.htm

In addition to this, I heard from a reliable source that they're about to offer transportation to Port Canaveral for DCL passengers. I haven't seen that posted anywhere, so you heard it here first. 

TCD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The WDWMAGIC site has reported the expansion of regular Minnie Van service, including airport service, to more resorts as of this week:  

IIRC it’s $150 to mco. Correct?

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

In addition to this, I heard from a reliable source that they're about to offer transportation to Port Canaveral for DCL passengers. I haven't seen that posted anywhere, so you heard it here first. 

TCD

Any word on how much that service costs?

What is the current cost of taking the bus to Port Canaveral? 

Just now, h2odivers...Ray said:

IIRC it’s $150 to mco. Correct? 

Yes. One way only. 

1 minute ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Any word on how much that service costs?

What is the current cost of taking the bus to Port Canaveral? 

No the person who told me said that part hadn't been decided. 

The last I knew, it was $35 per person for Disney transportation to the port. The Minnie Van price would obviously be more than that.

TCD

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes. One way only. 

The last I knew, it was $35 per person for Disney transportation to the port. The Minnie Van price would obviously be more than that.

TCD

$35 seems quite reasonable to me. I was expecting it to be a lot more. 

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes. One way only. 

TCD

The $35, is that from the airport or on property?  If you stay on property, and then spend more money to go on a Disney cruise, do they charge to bus you there?

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, you have to pay for your transportation to the port, whether from the airport or WDW.

TCD

Wow.   But, I guess if you had a family of four and you stayed at a value resort one night for $90 (I actually have no idea how much those cost)... then it wouldn't be cost effective for Disney to shuttle people.

1 minute ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow.   But, I guess if you had a family of four and you stayed at a value resort one night for $90 (I actually have no idea how much those cost)... then it wouldn't be cost effective for Disney to shuttle people.

The cheapest possible Disney cruise will cost a family of 4 over $2000. But Disney can't throw them a bone and pay for their ride to the port.  

TCD 

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The cheapest possible Disney cruise will cost a family of 4 over $2000. But Disney can't throw them a bone and pay for their ride to the port.  

TCD 

And you pay anywhere from around $400 to $900 for an AP, and they can't give you a 10 or 20% discount off of all food purchases?

38 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Are you saying it’s $35 per person round-trip? Because if you are to me that’s a great deal.

Sorry was in a hurry and should have worded better. TCD is correct. It is $35 to the port and then $35 back regardless of hotel or airport per person. 

57 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Sorry was in a hurry and should have worded better. TCD is correct. It is $35 to the port and then $35 back regardless of hotel or airport per person. 

Right, and as Jason knows, INC and I used this service last year and to me it was a good deal.  Yes, you can find other transport companies that will take you to the port from MCO, or even use Uber, but for $140 round trip ($35/person each way), our luggage was picked up in our WL hotel room and delivered to our cabin on the ship.  I didn't have to drag it, check it, tip the luggage guy, etc.  If you book your air with DCL they'll do the same from and back to the airport.  I also weighed this cost against renting a car and parking it at the port, but by the time you figure the car cost, gas, and the terminal parking, it was WAY over $140.  Even if I'd used some points to get the car for free, it wasn't much more to have Disney drive us, and it was hastle and stress free.  

Now, all of that said, I'm talking about the Disney Cruise Line bus.  This new polka dotted private Minnie car service would presumably be WAY more money to use to get to the port.  

14 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Right, and as Jason knows, INC and I used this service last year and to me it was a good deal.  Yes, you can find other transport companies that will take you to the port from MCO, or even use Uber, but for $140 round trip ($35/person each way), our luggage was picked up in our WL hotel room and delivered to our cabin on the ship.  I didn't have to drag it, check it, tip the luggage guy, etc.  If you book your air with DCL they'll do the same from and back to the airport.  I also weighed this cost against renting a car and parking it at the port, but by the time you figure the car cost, gas, and the terminal parking, it was WAY over $140.  Even if I'd used some points to get the car for free, it wasn't much more to have Disney drive us, and it was hastle and stress free.  

Now, all of that said, I'm talking about the Disney Cruise Line bus.  This new polka dotted private Minnie car service would presumably be WAY more money to use to get to the port.  

But you could get your picture taken next to a cute little car instead of a big smelly bus!  Wouldn't that be a priceless memory?

• 8 months later...
On 2/8/2018 at 8:49 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Although Disney has still not have officially announced it, Minnie Van transportation to Port Canaveral is being provided by polka dotted Suburbans. They can take six guests plus luggage for $240 each way:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2018/10/walt-disney-worlds-minnie-van-service-expands-to-port-canaveral/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDisneyCruiseLineBlog+(The+Disney+Cruise+Line+Blog)

TCD

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Although Disney has still not have officially announced it, Minnie Van transportation to Port Canaveral is being provided by polka dotted Suburbans. They can take six guests plus luggage for $240 each way:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2018/10/walt-disney-worlds-minnie-van-service-expands-to-port-canaveral/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDisneyCruiseLineBlog+(The+Disney+Cruise+Line+Blog)

TCD

While that sounds like a lot of money (and it is), I know from experience that transporting a large family to the port is expensive no matter how you slice it.  While you can typically rent a car on the cheap at MCO, when you have to move up to a minivan or SUV the price jumps exponentially.  And then you have to pay to park it at the port.  And ground transport options like Mears, shuttles, Uber, etc, are either unavailable or quite pricey for large parties.  Yes, you can find cheaper transport than dropping $500+ with tip for a Minnie Van, but probably not THAT much cheaper.  

Besides, when the yoga-pant clad Disney Mommies from Long Island need to get Hubby, Buffy, Jodie, Bippy and little Precious to their cruise, they simply MUST do it in polka dots.  

3 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

While that sounds like a lot of money (and it is), I know from experience that transporting a large family to the port is expensive no matter how you slice it.  While you can typically rent a car on the cheap at MCO, when you have to move up to a minivan or SUV the price jumps exponentially.  And then you have to pay to park it at the port.  And ground transport options like Mears, shuttles, Uber, etc, are either unavailable or quite pricey for large parties.  Yes, you can find cheaper transport than dropping $500+ with tip for a Minnie Van, but probably not THAT much cheaper.  

Besides, when the yoga-pant clad Disney Mommies from Long Island need to get Hubby, Buffy, Jodie, Bippy and little Precious to their cruise, they simply MUST do it in polka dots.  

An Uber XL would run around $125 for the same basic service. But, a family of 6 would pay $420 to take the DCL bus. So the Minnie Van might be a better choice for a large family. As we've already discussed, this service was never about providing a bargain to anyone. It's an option for folks with deep pockets. 

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

An Uber XL would run around $125 for the same basic service. But, a family of 6 would pay $420 to take the DCL bus. So the Minnie Van might be a better choice for a large family. As we've already discussed, this service was never about providing a bargain to anyone. It's an option for folks with deep pockets

TCD

Isn't that most of the schemes Disney has been coming up with the last few years?