Day trip to Crystal River

As you all know, the Auburn clan along with LORNADUCK and Rich were staying in my neck of the woods for the past week. (See Jen's Spring Break TR) I have had my fingers crossed that we would be able to make it over there for a visit. Everything worked out as planned. :rofl2:

My son (Nathen) wanted to take his boat out and do some hydrosliding, so we decided to go out to Kings Bay early, let him do some sliding and then head to the campground to meet the rest of the fiends. stacktester (Donnie) and Total Joker (Chris) and Mrs. Total Joker (Missy) were also there. About an hour into our boat trip, Donnie texts me to ask "about what time we would get there." I tell him within the hour, and ask "Why, ya got a date?"  :) He texts back that "he has to leave!" In a complete panic, I text back, "NO, wait for me, we're heading there now!" All while flagging down my son (who is being dragged behind the boat) to stop, get out, we gotta go! After he face plants in the water, Donnie texts me again......."Just kidding!" :) Wise ass!

We get the boat out and go down the road to the campground where Donnie is putting his jet skis IN the water. So we put the boat back in via the campground ramp, along with Jen, Chris and Lorna's son Matt putting in their jet skis.

Now, Donnie is a nice looking man (We have all seen pics of him) But when I actually met him, he took my breath away! :) He was wearing a hand made Jimmie Johnson shirt!!!! I do have a few pictures, which I will post after I get them off the camera. I also have pictures of Jen & Chris (in the weeds) trying to get the jet skis running, all while Donnie was asking for: Trevor to hold his skis: Jen if she had a rope: Me to hold his phone in my bag in the boat......those who have met Donnie will understand! :rofl2:

After everyone was up and running, we took off. They went jet skiing, Nate did some more hydrosliding. Then we went up to the shallows, tied off and anchored and hung out. The boys played with the football, Jen and I ran our mouths, and just had a good time.

After a couple of hours, we had to leave since the dog had been home alone all day. We said our goodbyes, and went back to the campground to try and find Lorna and the rest of the gang. Jen said if they weren't at the MH they would be at the pool. We didn't see them at the MH so we headed towards the pool when I spotted TJ, his wife and Rich at the ice cream stand! We stopped for hugs and chats with them and found out Lorna was back at the MH resting. We didn't want to bother her and we were all sunburned and starving! So we took our crispy selves home! :)

I will get a couple of pics up soon, but I want to give a shout out to those that invited us to come by! We had a great time, and can't wait to do it again. I could have talked with Jen all damn day! They were some of the most warm, welcoming, unpretentious, laid back people I have ever met. It was truly like hanging with friends you've known forever!

They are stuck with me now, if they come back here, I'll be right beside them! 8)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awwwwww,,,,Stef!!  Why did you have to go and post that remark!??  His head is big enough already!!  I think he looks like a little kid with a moon-pie face - and you're telling him he's "breathtaking

It sounds like you had an awesome time Stef.  I am so jealous. The only thing that got me through the day was the picture that Ed posted on his camper in the driveway thread. Talk about take your breath away.

I really can't wait for July, you better get your but to the fort even if it's just for the day :)

And Get those pictures posted. Lou and I won't quit bugging till you do :)

OK OK, I saw how you hounded Runner, so I got pictures!! :) I didn't take that many, we were too busy talking and laughing!

At the boat ramp:

april2011010.jpg

april2011016.jpg

april2011017.jpg

At one of the springs:

april2011012.jpg

april2011013.jpg

It was a beautiful day, sunny and HOT!

april2011014.jpg

april2011015.jpg

Nate on the hydroslide:

april2011023.jpg

Lorna's son Matt:

april2011019.jpg

Jen & Chris, This was entertainment in itself  :) :

april2011018.jpg

april2011020.jpg

april2011022.jpg

april2011024.jpg

Donnie:

april2011021.jpg

And my all time favorite! The back of his shirt had Jimmies name on it and #48 was on the sleeve :)

april2011025.jpg

I am so upset that I didnt get to meet u. You should havr come in the motorhome. Seelp takes second place to meeting fiends. Btw I made Donnies shirt.  Now we have to come up again

Now, Donnie is a nice looking man (We have all seen pics of him) But when I actually met him, he took my breath away! :))

Awwwwww,,,,Stef!!  Why did you have to go and post that remark!??  His head is big enough already!!  I think he looks like a little kid with a moon-pie face - and you're telling him he's "breathtaking"?  :barf:  And after him making you nearly break your neck to get there? I would have beaten him with my cane... oh .... wait..... Donnie HID my cane!! :argh:

Yeah ----  once you've met the Major's, the Aaron's, Donnie, and the Joker's,,,they kind of get under your skin .... like chiggers!!  :rofl2:

You're hooked now, Stef, and you will find yourself running over to the Fort just for the day to see these folks. There's no intervention program for Fort Fiend Addiction! I should have warned you. Sorry!

I am so upset that I didnt get to meet u. You should havr come in the motorhome. Seelp takes second place to meeting fiends. Btw I made Donnies shirt.  Now we have to come up again

We were all exhausted too, and you've been there all week so I didn't want to bother you. We definately need another trip planned for the summer. This time I'm getting ressies too! You'll be sick of me by the time it's all over. :)) And Donnies shirt....... :rofl2: :argh: :barf:

Wooo hooo!

Thanks for the best hug I've had in a long time!!!! :))

Now, Donnie is a nice looking man (We have all seen pics of him) But when I actually met him, he took my breath away! :))

Awwwwww,,,,Stef!!  Why did you have to go and post that remark!??  His head is big enough already!!  I think he looks like a little kid with a moon-pie face - and you're telling him he's "breathtaking"?  :barf:  And after him making you nearly break your neck to get there? I would have beaten him with my cane... oh .... wait..... Donnie HID my cane!! :argh:

Yeah ----  once you've met the Major's, the Aaron's, Donnie, and the Joker's,,,they kind of get under your skin .... like chiggers!!  :rofl2:

You're hooked now, Stef, and you will find yourself running over to the Fort just for the day to see these folks. There's no intervention program for Fort Fiend Addiction! I should have warned you. Sorry!

Thanks Deb, I'm hooked!! We all said last night how much fun we had! Don't you worry, I'll help to keep Donnies ego in check!  >:D It was actually the shirt that did it for me, he really knows the way to a girls heart!

Chiggers, huh? I wondered about that itch I had last night! You're right though, can't wait to meet up again! I do think you live close enough to join us next time.

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. But I hate you all for living so close to be able to have that fun together whenever you want to. I really need to work on this jealousy thing.  :heart:

Hurry up July.  :rollercoaster: :banana:

If it helps, I'm still jealous of that you are not HOT up there like I am here!

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. But I hate you all for living so close to be able to have that fun together whenever you want to. I really need to work on this jealousy thing.  :heart:

Rita, you silly girl. I didn't wear a coat all Winter. There is a fan on in every room of this house. I am hot from the inside out! :rofl2: :rofl2:

Rita, you silly girl. I didn't wear a coat all Winter. There is a fan on in every room of this house. I am hot from the inside out! :rofl2: :rofl2:

I think we are truly

soul-sister-2.gif

I think we are truly

soul-sister-2.gif

I agree and we will befriend_1.gif