My family normally reserve full hook-up sites.   We have stayed in the Fort in February, September, and November several times.   During those months, the average cost of a full hook-up site has been about $110.   I have never been to DW on my birthday, but I thought it would be fun to do so.    I made a reservation through a travel agent for the week of March 22, 2020 without even considering the rate.   I assumed it might be a little higher than the recent average going into 2020, but I was somewhat shocked when I received the invoice that the rate including tax is $185.63 per night.    My questions are 1. have any rate increases been announced that would result in that rate, and 2.  would Spring Break cause that kind of increase?  

We are still going, but the rate did come as a surprise.   I did call Disney to confirm the total cost for a week.

7 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

While rates do go up each year, Spring Break is the culprit for what you are experiencing.  If you were to make a reservation for the non-peak times you normally visit, I would guess they'd be substantially lower.  

Meaning a Tuesday thru Thursday in late February, Mid August and Mid September.

Every other time, while it may have some less expensive days, there will be little to no availability.

Also, your rate may actually go down. 2020 rates have not actually yet been released, BUT you can book up to 499 days in advance of your checkout. So to protect themselves due to smaller than expected deposits, ALL times of year until the rates are formally established are charged a deposit of the highest rate from the previous year.

Yes, March and Spring Break is one of the most expensive times of year, BUT it may be a bit less than the amount you were given, especially weekday nights.

Hope this helps.

30 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Also, your rate may actually go down. 2020 rates have not actually yet been released, BUT you can book up to 499 days in advance of your checkout. So to protect themselves due to smaller than expected deposits, ALL times of year until the rates are formally established are charged a deposit of the highest rate from the previous year.

Yes, March and Spring Break is one of the most expensive times of year, BUT it may be a bit less than the amount you were given, especially weekday nights.

Hope this helps.

What she said!

Welcome to Fort Fiends!

Sorry for the sticker shock and hopefully the rates do go down a bit between now and then.

I really want to be at WDW for our 25th anniversary in 2021, especially since it coincides with the 50th anniversary.

But I have the good/bad fortune of being married on Christmas Eve and I don't even want to think about what those rates are going to be.

(oops, I just thought about it... I think I need to go lie down...)

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Welcome to Fort Fiends!

Sorry for the sticker shock and hopefully the rates do go down a bit between now and then.

I really want to be at WDW for our 25th anniversary in 2021, especially since it coincides with the 50th anniversary.

But I have the good/bad fortune of being married on Christmas Eve and I don't even want to think about what those rates are going to be.

(oops, I just thought about it... I think I need to go lie down...)

I go through sticker shock every time I get a quote from Jason.  Just goes with the game.

Your lucky with the alignment. We have our 40th in 2022 so while we might be going to WDW to celebrate it won't be for the Mouse's big event.