Here Is Why We Pay So Much For A Site

I gotta get used to reading this board format... I read "Here is why we pay so much for a site by Discamper" on the right side and immediately wondered what kind of beverages and Halloween candy Discamper was handing out to have you all wanting to pay big bucks for the site next door... :rofl2:

Especially when you here how hard time are right now! How they have to cut back.... Just makes you wonder!

It doesn't make me wonder. If you're referring to Disney cutbacks, sorry, but I haven't seen them, just the opposite.The only layoffs that I'm aware of have been in middle management and that's a good thing. They should reduce them even further. That's one place where they're wasting a lot of money. As with most large companies, too many of those people are useless and unnecessary.

There were 58K CMs at WDW three years ago, the latest number I'm hearing is 62K. Bus operations had 260 buses & 1100 drivers three years ago, now 291 & 1400 drivers.

Fantasyland expansion, new resorts, new DVCs, new parks, never ending improvements at WDW, where's the cutbacks?

You're paying so much because that's what people are willing to pay. Supply and demand. Why is it that rates are much lower during certain times of the year? Operational costs don't fluctuate that much from month to month. They charge that much because they can, and enough people will pay it.

In my opinion what they pay Bob Iger has absolutely nothing to do with why we pay so much at the Fort. Actually I don't and won't.

Personally, I think the CEO's of large corporations should get high salaries. You can't equate their level of responsibility with that of someone waiting tables or operating an attraction. They are tasked with making the big decisions which determine the success or failure of the company as a whole, and therefore determine whether guys like Lou are going to have a job next year or not. Knowing what Bobby makes, however, makes me wonder why he can't bring something better than a cheap bottle of wine when he comes to dinner.