Germany Biergarten, DANG!

Back in July we ate lunch at the German Biergarten, which we?ve always enjoyed. Going in neither of us bothered looking for price changes, big mistake, the tab for 2 adults w/2 children was $85.00

$85.00! For lunch buffet? I don?t mind paying extra for the experience, but DANG.

Have a nice day.  :o

I haven't been allowed to eat at Biergarten since they chose me to tap the keg and I had to chug this really big beer.  I was feeling pretty good when the bill came and I couldn't do the math to figure out the tip.  I think I gave the girl about 50 bucks for a tip and now FWgirl won't let me in the place anymore.  I love the food there, though.

I've been interested in trying it...but the price for 6 of us, especially considering I'm the only one that really likes German food, is too much.  If I'm gonna spend that kinda money on a meal at Disney I want at least 5 of the 6 of us to stuff ourselves and make it worthwhile!  :popcorn:

It's not TOO German.  There are other things that everyone would like too.  I'm sure you would all be stuffed when you waddled out!  lol

In December we were at MK one day and it was very cold.  We were able to eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern without a reservation.  It was a warm place to sit.  It is not a buffet but the food is served family style which to me is the same.  Buffet pricing is insane at Disney.  The food was OK and the service was good but $90 for two of us is ridiculous! 

We also ate at Marrakesh, La Cantina de San Angel, and Rose & Crown.  Besides quick service those were the only Disney places we ate at on a 2 week trip......... and R&C was for the Candlelight Processional package.........

This past July we thought about lunch there, but decided against because of the price.

To me, all the buffets are about the same with just minor tweaks. And I can't justify $20+ for a lunch buffet. especially when I see it as a glorified Golden Corral.

We did enjoy TE breakfast buffet one morning. But I told hubby he better kill some Mickey head waffles b/c at 17/person this was his one shot.

We did quick service when we did eat out, and split one of those. We enjoy our cooking and luckily hubby enjoys cooking.

The two sit down meals we did were Rain Forest Cafe and Raglan Rose downtown. We will do Raglan Rose again, but probably not the Rain Forest Cafe

We went there the evening before I ran the Marathon Weekend 5K.  It was NOT a good meal!  I've been to Germany; I was in Berlin when they started BUILDING "The Wall"; this was NOT German cooking - not even remotely!  It will be a very cold day before we eat there again - perhaps a week or so after Hell freezes over.

• 2 months later...

Even when Disney was a 1.5 hour drive for us, we'd make the trip just to eat at any of the restaurants. Then we move 30 minutes away & Disney was a once a week dinner destination. Enter the dining plans, et al. Food quality sinks to the bottom of the septic tank and prices soar higher than Soarin'. About all we eat at Disney now is a Lone Rider at the Fort or popcorn. I just can't justify the prices they have the nerve to charge for crap food.