Let me start by saying, yes, I am a geek. A Disney Geek, A Star Wars Geek, and a Technology Geek. So when I got a text this morning telling me Star Tours 2.0 was open today, I dropped everything I was doing and raced over to DHS. We got there around 1100 and got in line. We managed to ride it 6 times between 1100 and 1500. I would still be there if my DW didnt get so sick from 3D shows. She was a trooper though and allowed me to ride 6 times. We had 5 different sequences. The first 2 were identicle and we were getting a little worried that we may have just the one, but on ride 3, it was completley different. As were the remaining 3. Speaking with a CM, he mentioned there are 54 different scenarios you could end up with. It was well worth it and highley recommend it to everyone interested.Fast passes opened up at 1300 so we got a couple and rode standby until the FP time came up. The longest wait was around 25 mins even though the sign read 30 mins all day. Mostley we waited about 10 min.

There were some technical issues with some of the rides, mostley seat belts not working and a screen not functioning properly, and some training issues. One CM could ot figure out how to close the doors. But overall, it appeared all speeders were working and they were moving the lines efficiently.

I will not divulge any spoilers unless the concenous is yall want them. But for those who are there now or going next week, keep an ear out. They will be having soft openings all week, just dont know when.

I wish I had pictures, but they were enforcing the no photo/video rule and actualy making offenders delete the pictures from thier cameras.

Now that I have rode it, it frees up one thing for Star Wars Weekends. No need to wait 2 to 3 hours. If we get in, we get in, if not, we have our experience.

I am SO jealous. I am not going to be able to ride until September. It sounds like you thought it was "worth it" Was it much different or just bumped up a notch?

Most of the themeing has not changed much. The que is still the basic que with an updated video and audio loop. The main changes were to the ride experience. The major being it is now in 3D. They did replace the workshop section of the que with a baggage handling area, hint: watch the luggage scanner while waiting in line. You will know when you see it. They pay homage to several other movies/attractions from around WDW (even a Capt EO reference). We went through 6 times and were still finding new things we didnt notice before.

Most of the themeing has not changed much. The que is still the basic que with an updated video and audio loop. The main changes were to the ride experience. The major being it is now in 3D. They did replace the workshop section of the que with a baggage handling area, hint: watch the luggage scanner while waiting in line. You will know when you see it. They pay homage to several other movies/attractions from around WDW (even a Capt EO reference). We went through 6 times and were still finding new things we didnt notice before.

I am so excited, I just can't stand it! I may have to sneak off for a night or two! :rofl2:

Star Tours, The Adventures Continue, will open to guests on May 20 as part of Star Wars Weekends, however it opened intermittently to guests on the 14th, but only when testing permitted it. Because it's a new attraction, during testing, there may be a lot of stop and go which may result in long waits while adjustments to the attraction are made. Due to the tentative nature of the testing period, and the fact that only a limited number of guests can be accommodated, only guests in the immediate area will have the opportunity to go on the ride.

Star Tours, The Adventures Continue, will open to guests on May 20 as part of Star Wars Weekends, however it opened intermittently to guests on the 14th, but only when testing permitted it. Because it's a new attraction, during testing, there may be a lot of stop and go which may result in long waits while adjustments to the attraction are made. Due to the tentative nature of the testing period, and the fact that only a limited number of guests can be accommodated, only guests in the immediate area will have the opportunity to go on the ride.

I think I'm going to try real hard to be in the immediate area over the next few days.

Anybody, please let me know if you hear of another soft opening/testing going on because the 20th will be a mob scene for sure!

I think I'm going to try real hard to be in the immediate area over the next few days.

Anybody, please let me know if you hear of another soft opening/testing going on because the 20th will be a mob scene for sure!

I would think that as they work out more & more bugs and the closer it gets to the 20th, more and more people will be able to ride. My guess is that by the 18th or 19th, it should be running all day or close to it.

Hey Devores-

Glad you got to try it out.

But old TCD beat you by a day.

We were at Epcot on Saturday, where we ran into a lady who told me that her son was a castmember, and she wasn't supposed to say anything, but there had been a castmember preview on Saturday morning. After she shared this "secret" with us, I heard her tell several other people.

I figured if the attraction was open to castmembers, then maybe they would be doing soft openings. We headed over to Hollywood Studios, and stopped by Star Tours around 3:15 pm

Sure enough, it was open.

We only rode it once.

It wasn't one of my favorites before. I like it much better now, but once a trip is probably enough for me. The 3D effects were very good.

I was kind-of thinking about trying it out next weekend, but now I won't have to.

I bet it will be a mob-scene for a while.

TCD

Hey Devores-

Glad you got to try it out.

But old TCD beat you by a day.

We were at Epcot on Saturday, where we ran into a lady who told me that her son was a castmember, and she wasn't supposed to say anything, but there had been a castmember preview on Saturday morning. After she shared this "secret" with us, I heard her tell several other people.

I figured if the attraction was open to castmembers, then maybe they would be doing soft openings. We headed over to Hollywood Studios, and stopped by Star Tours around 3:15 pm

Sure enough, it was open.

We only rode it once.

It wasn't one of my favorites before. I like it much better now, but once a trip is probably enough for me. The 3D effects were very good.

I was kind-of thinking about trying it out next weekend, but now I won't have to.

I bet it will be a mob-scene for a while.

TCD

As usual TCD is on top of everything Disney.

Just a heads up to all. It was opened today, and as far as I know, is still opened. I had to work today, so couldnt go.

TCD (cant seem to figure out the multiqoute thingy)

The ride is kind of them same, but you would have rode more than once, it is a different ride each time. We just wanted to experience the different scenarios. I also agree about next weekend. We are going to SWW on Sunday (checking into the Fort Friday the 20th) and was trying to plan our day and the biggest snag was ST2.0. Expected lines of 2 to 3 hours just didnt fit our plan. So now that we have our rides out of the way, we can focus on the rest of SWW.

On our six rides, we only missed out on one scene, so we got a pretty good idea of what the ride has to offer.

Just a heads up to all. It was opened today, and as far as I know, is still opened. I had to work today, so couldnt go.

TCD (cant seem to figure out the multiqoute thingy)

The ride is kind of them same, but you would have rode more than once, it is a different ride each time. We just wanted to experience the different scenarios. I also agree about next weekend. We are going to SWW on Sunday (checking into the Fort Friday the 20th) and was trying to plan our day and the biggest snag was ST2.0. Expected lines of 2 to 3 hours just didnt fit our plan. So now that we have our rides out of the way, we can focus on the rest of SWW.

On our six rides, we only missed out on one scene, so we got a pretty good idea of what the ride has to offer.

I heard about the different scenes. I think it is a brilliant idea. In the Mickey Monitor I just received, it describes the ride as being like a slot machine- you never know what you are going to get.

So, that raises a question.

I would imagine that the beginning of each ride is the same -right? I will try to be vague so as to not spoil anyone's fun. But, the taking off with the guest pilot, the encounter which causes the ship to back out, the spy, that is all the same on each trip, right? Just your destinations change. Do I have that right?

We were going to visit for SWW on the first weekend. Now, I think we are waiting util the first weekend in June. I'm glad to not have to wait for 2-3 hours to ride the attraction.

TCD

I heard about the different scenes. I think it is a brilliant idea. In the Mickey Monitor I just received, it describes the ride as being like a slot machine- you never know what you are going to get.

So, that raises a question.

I would imagine that the beginning of each ride is the same -right? I will try to be vague so as to not spoil anyone's fun. But, the taking off with the guest pilot, the encounter which causes the ship to back out, the spy, that is all the same on each trip, right? Just your destinations change. Do I have that right?

We were going to visit for SWW on the first weekend. Now, I think we are waiting util the first weekend in June. I'm glad to not have to wait for 2-3 hours to ride the attraction.

TCD

See if I can describe this without too much info getting out.....

There are 2 different launch scenes. The spy is an actual rider and is randomly selected (but always seems to be from the second row).

The first planet you visit is then random, there are 3 different ones.But always rotates between the 3.

The message is different each time and is switched between 3 different people.

The final scene is also different each time. There are 3 different endings but always rotates between those 3.

So each time you ride, you have a different launch, first planet, message, final planet for 54 different possible scenarios. Of course, once you see all of the scenes no matter how, there isnt much to see after that.

See if I can describe this without too much info getting out.....

There are 2 different launch scenes. The spy is an actual rider and is randomly selected (but always seems to be from the second row).

The first planet you visit is then random, there are 3 different ones.But always rotates between the 3.

The message is different each time and is switched between 3 different people.

The final scene is also different each time. There are 3 different endings but always rotates between those 3.

So each time you ride, you have a different launch, first planet, message, final planet for 54 different possible scenarios. Of course, once you see all of the scenes no matter how, there isnt much to see after that.

I get it.

Maybe we should have ridden a couple of times.

But, when we visited, they had both sides of the line open. We chose the left side, which moved much slower than the right.

One ride was enough for us for now.

Thanks for the information though.

I think it is a great idea to have so many different possible sequences. It will make folks want to ride again and again.

Have a great time at the Fort this weekend!

TCD