Star Tours Is Open Right Now. 1220 17 May 2011

From the AP site...

Complimentary Star Tours Lanyard

On May 20, 2011, Star Tours returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in another dimension - 3-D! Be part of the extended celebration for the new release of this fan-favorite attraction.

During the 3rd weekend of Star Wars Weekends, pick up a complimentary Passholder-exclusive Star Tours lanyard at Jabba's Hutt.

The "play testing" schedule, that's what Disney calls it, all along has been the 14th through the 19th with the official opening on the 20th. They just didn't want people to expect it be operating fully on the 14th. It also allows the press to promote it before it opens.

I hope it doesn't suck as bad as the old ride

The ride is basicaly the same as far as what happens. The "movie" part changed drasticly. I think its a major improvement over the old one, but also feel that after the coolnes wears off, it will be just star tours again.

I rode it 6 times during the soft openings and feel I wont miss anything if I dont go back anytime soon. Ill wait for the crowds to die down to ride it again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...