Here's what the flood looked like at the beginning before it flooded the whole site....

DSCN6422.jpg

DSCN6416.jpg

This was the "fix"...to make a trench so it runs to the back of the site. The water has been running all night. Three CMs have stopped by to check out the mess. The water has made a flood area out of the back of three adjacent sites. Guess the fire takes priority today!

DSCN6425.jpg

Tri-B

WOW! First you start a fire and blame it on a lightning strike. Then you break a water line. I think it is time for you to leave. We all would like a campground to camp at in the future.:parrot:

The lengths I go to just to get put on the front page and earn TCD Junior Deputy Badge!! :rofl2:

Tri-B

The lengths I go to just to get put on the front page and earn TCD Junior Deputy Badge!! :rofl2:

Tri-B

What happened to the running peacock award I gave ya? Geesh. :rofl2:

Arsonist Moses of the Fort flood. :parrot:

:heart: :blink:

This is so typical of the slip-shod maintenance at the Fort.

There have been water problems on 700, & 100-300 for years now. All they do is patch the pipes instead of digging them up and replacing them. If I were you, 3B, I'd hound the front desk until I got some sort of compensation. That is ridiculous!

The Great Fort Remodel of 2008 was a joke. They addressed none of the issues that each loop has but rather, stripped the beautiful foliage, added more concrete, planted bushes and threw down fresh pine needles. They did not address the dip in the road at the entrance to the 900 loop and water still creates a small lake there whenever it rains. Oh, let us not forget how they raised the rates by about 40%!!

1600-1800 looked so awful after they removed the foliage that it looked as if a bush-hog went through and stripped it naked. Oh, wait!! That is exactly what they did do!!

In 1900, they leveled out the vast trenches between the sites with SAND, and they added asphalt to make it look as though the roads had been widened. All they accomplished with that brilliant idea was to make it easier to nail the trash cans and the recycle bins with your MH or TT as you navigate the turns in 1900. :argh:

Is it just me or does it seem as if the management at FtW was hand selected from the bottom of the graduating classes of MBA students?

Is it just me or does it seem as if the management at FtW was hand selected from the bottom of the graduating classes of MBA students?

Yeah....we met one of them today.

Went to the Outpost to complain about the flood and inconvenience and got to the "day manager".

As taught by Disney he politely listened and said "I hear you" as we watched his eyes glaze over while promising to pass our comments on to the "correct" people (most likely our comments went into the circular file!).

What an :moon: !

Kept saying there was nothing he much he could do for us for being inconvenienced by the flood and having to move.

Oh yeah, he did put a credit on our account so we could get a meal at TE! Big, gently carressin deal!!

It wasn't Asian Jason by any chance, was it? I've seen road kill with more brains than he has.

Ah no...I believe his name was Robbie and he was probably 30ish.

And, as I said, polite but did everything by the Disney book.

Ah no...I believe his name was Robbie and he was probably 30ish.

And, as I said, polite but did everything by the Disney book.

That's one I don't know. Maybe The Mayor can post the name of the REAL manager of the Fort.

The President of Walt Disney World is Meg Crofton. The VP of Engineering (who would cover Fort Maintenance) is Trevor Larsen.

While you won't get to speak to either of them, letters to both of them, including a narrative and pictures, is quite in order!! After you've mailed your letters, hand deliver a copy to a manager at the Front Desk.

Walt Disney World Resort

Attention: (Name)

PO Box 10000

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Send separate letters to each of them. If you really want to be sure they get them, send them return receipt.

The inconvenience you've experience deserves a little more than the perfunctory brush off - especially for the price you are paying.

Disney must be short on Pixie Dust these days.

You need to do what I do when I have a big problem at Disney. Ask for a manager as soon as they walkup first thing I say is can you fix my problem or do you have to talk to someone else. They will say I don’t know your problem. I will say can you give me a refund, free nights, free dinners and etc. If they say no then I will tell them I need talk to that person not you and demand to see them. Is way they know you are not playing around and ask for their name. Tell the manager you want that person at your site at the time you choose so you don’t sit around waiting for them. I have done this in the past a few times it works great the manager show up at my site at the time I told them and fixed my problem with compensation.

Here's what was on our door when we got back last night.

So for two days the water has just continued to run out of the hole and flood the back of the sites.

So now we get to be inconvenienced yet again!! :argh:

Must be nice to be so rich you can just let your water run for days at a time!!

DSCN6552.jpg

Tri-B

We hung around today waiting to see what would happen across the street.

The water to the loop has not been turned off yet and it's past 1PM.

Edit: It's 1:15 and they have finally arrived to work on the leak!

BTW, here's a picture of another water line break from this morning on site 421.

I'm jealous...they got red cones and I didn't get any cones! :angry:

DSCN6553.jpg

Oohhhh...lots of guages, gagets and buttons to push (Doodle would love this! :rofl2: )....

DSCN6576.jpg

First you suck out all the sand....

DSCN6568.jpg

Looking in the hole. There was a break here before and it was "cobb job" replaced with a piece of braided line connector...

DSCN6574.jpg

This is the connection that was leaking. It's all worn away and probably had been leaking for a long time....

DSCN6579.jpg

And here's the new plastic replacement....job complete.

DSCN6578.jpg

A tidbit of information...

There are 5" lines that run down the main streets of the loops. One inch lines run off this to each site. The break that was fixed today was originally fixed by Disney with the braided connector. Now Disney just calls in this contractor to get the job done correctly. :))

Tri-B