here is a excert from the disney website today..

"..Pets

Pets like to go on vacation, too, so we offer a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites.

•All pets must be kept on a handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel...."

This would indicate that you can have a pet with you if your tent camping. I could have swore that was a no no. We have a maltese that my husband would LOVE to bring with us during our Halloween trip but I had previously advised him Bear would have to stay home. Does anyone have any experience with this? We have a kennel that we use to travel with him that he could sleep in, and I think if we were planning on being gone all day we would take him to a kennel to play with the other puppies, I was just shocked to read this. Now I wonder if we shouldn't bring him along? Along with this kennel we have a puppy play yard that we use at the parks when we want to keep him in one area. Is the 1500 loop a pet friendly loop? Is 1500 and 2000 the only tent loops?

Thanks!

That verbage is new.

1500 and 2000 are NOT pet loops.

So, here is my interpretation of the new verbage. (What would make sense, that is, but we know Disney rarely makes sense :rolleyes: )

If you are in a tent AND in a Pet Loop, then you can have your pet at your site when you are there, as long as they are contained in a cage or shelter or on leash with you. When you are at the parks, then they need to be at the kennel.

Judy, the way I read that was:

Yes, you can bring a pet in a tent or pop up, (confined in the interior) but they must be in a cage or shelter. When you are not there, they could dig out of a tent or pop up. When you are there, I would imagine the same rules apply as any other rv. (must be tied up or on a leash)

The problem with that would be the few idiots who will put their pet, in the tent, in a cage, when it's 100 degrees outside! :blowup:

I'm not even sure I would do this in October, ya never know our weather here.

Ummmm.... I've seen dogs in 2000 & 1500. They were most likely "undeclared" at check-in but, I never noticed anyone confronted and asked to pack & move, or leave.

Just so you know...as Steph said October can still be brutally hot. The 2009 Halloween GG was a prime example. It was hitting the mid 90's in the daytime and those of us that attended BATWIT had to drink a LOT to keep our temps down. (That's our excuse and we are sticking with it. :rofl2: )

If you bring your pup, make reservations at Best Friends ahead of time so he is guaranteed a spot. Otherwise, you might be forced to give up a park day to stay at the site and keep your "best friend" cool & comfy.

Ummmm.... I've seen dogs in 2000 & 1500. They were most likely "undeclared" at check-in but, I never noticed anyone confronted and asked to pack & move, or leave.

Just so you know...as Steph said October can still be brutally hot. The 2009 Halloween GG was a prime example. It was hitting the mid 90's in the daytime and those of us that attended BATWIT had to drink a LOT to keep our temps down. (That's our excuse and we are sticking with it. :rofl2: )

If you bring your pup, make reservations at Best Friends ahead of time so he is guaranteed a spot. Otherwise, you might be forced to give up a park day to stay at the site and keep your "best friend" cool & comfy.

I'll definatley look into that Deb, that was my next question in fact. I know there is one one property or close by but I couldnt remember the name. No way would I dream of leaving him in the tent during the day. We are bringing an air conditioner for us but my husband would never forgive me if I gave his dog a heat stroke. That just seems a little cruel anyway. I mentioned to hubby that we might be able to bring bear and he got all excited. yes, that big burley man with tattoos and a goat tee has a maltese named bear that he loves more than me I do believe.. :rofl2:

The kids would love bringing him along to, Princess Izzy (DD1) is totally enamored with Bear, she thinks he is a teddy bear.. guess I should start looking for a priate costume Maltese size :rofl2:

Definitely a new twist on the "pets in tent" rule there. And for people who plan to spend their time hanging at the Fort or make daytime accommodations for their pets while they're in the parks, this is good news!

But also agreed with all above and would add that trusting the weather in FL without A/C almost *any* time of year would be foolish.

We've been there in Nov/Dec when it's been as low as 34 at night and in the high 80s during the day - all within a 7 day period!

Plus a tent or popup without A/C could be deadly to any animal if it was parked in the sun much of the day - even if the air temp outside never got above 80.

I'm all for people bringing your pets camping - as long as they're thinking ahead and being responsible and safe about it.

That is interesting. Hopefully everyone will follow the rules and not sPoil it for others.

As for the partial loops (1500 & 2000), Carol is right, as usual. They are not pet loops.

I believe that TCD mentioned in one of his trip reports that he booked a partial, showed up with Rocky, and just paid the extra pet fee (Is there an additional charge for pets? I don't remember hearing one, but something makes me think that he had mentioned $5 or something). I think he was in the 1500 loop. All that is if my memory serves me correctly.

That is interesting. Hopefully everyone will follow the rules and not sPoil it for others.

As for the partial loops (1500 & 2000), Carol is right, as usual. They are not pet loops.

I believe that TCD mentioned in one of his trip reports that he booked a partial, showed up with Rocky, and just paid the extra pet fee (Is there an additional charge for pets? I don't remember hearing one, but something makes me think that he had mentioned $5 or something). I think he was in the 1500 loop. All that is if my memory serves me correctly.

You have a good memory.

Here's what I posted on another message board relating to my personal experience at check-in during my visit to Fort Wilderness this past December (2010):

I had reserved a partial hook up site. But, I decided to bring the TCD dog, Rocky, along on this trip. I had been checking all week before we arrived for a full hook up site. There were premium sites and partial sites available, but no full or preferred. I decided that if I couldn't reserve a full hook up, I would just deal with the issue at check-in. And now was the time. I had several options. I could upgrade to a premium site. Or, we could board Rocky for a night or two in the kennel, and then maybe send him home early with my oldest daughter, who was going home on Saturday afternoon. I was prepared for many possible scenarios.

But it turns out I didn't need to plan so hard.

The castmember took my information. And then she asked if I had any pets. I said yes, a dog. She looked in the truck and saw him. She said, OK, you will need to sign this agreement, and pay an extra $5.00 a night. I said OK. I waited for her to tell me I had to upgrade my site. She never did. In fact, she filled out the agreement, and wrote my site number in. We had been assigned to 1504. For whatever reason, she wrote in 1506. Here’s the Agreement:

PetAgreement.jpg

And, here’s a zoom-in on some interesting language:

PetAgreementzoom.jpg

This says no dogs in pop-up campers. And that is what I was towing.

It says pet loops have electric, water and sewer. i.e. full hook up or higher. But, she knew we were on the 1500 loop.

And, the Agreement verbiage differs from what the Disney website says:

petrules.jpg

Despite all of this, the castmember charged me the $15 for my three night stay, and gave me a copy of my Agreement, and we were on our way to the 1500 loop. Truthfully, she didn't say anything more about it. Didn't even bat an eye.

As MLM5 has pointed out, the language on the website has most definitely changed.

I don't know whether or not the written pet agreement has changed. I will see what I can do to check on that.

The new language clearly says you can have a pet in a tent- as long as you have a crate for it if your pet will be unattended.

For what it is worth, I have often seen dogs staying on the 1500 loop and 2000 loop.

We were allowed to have Rocky on the 1500 loop for our New Year's Eve trip.

I don't think we were supposed to, but the castmember let us.

Finally, for what it's worth, the website still appears to be wrong. It says that there are pet freindly sites in the preferred and premium loops. It doesn't mention the full hooks ups. All of the full hook ups are pet friendly.

Why can't they get this right?

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

I called into reservations today and ask the CM if we could have our pet in our tent if we were there and planned on taking him to the kennel when we were in the parks.. she said no pet's in tents, I referred her to the website and she said it was a error.. I had bear all excited, he was going to get to go TOT'ing at the fort to! :argh: Just another reason I need to convince my Dave we need a PUP or something! Though I do enjoy my tent :)

...she said no pet's in tents, I referred her to the website and she said it was a error..

Wow... if that's true they'd better hurry up and fix that "error" ASAP before tent campers start showing up in droves with Fido in tow.

I can't imagine there will be many people happy to hear "sorry, our website is wrong, you have to pay 3 arms and 6 legs to board Fido at the luxury pet resort down the street"

:blink: