Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares

From the Disney Food blog...

Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares

Jun 9th, 2011

by AJ.

Guest author Carrie Hayward returns to tempt us with chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallow! Carrie writes about private events in Disney parks on her blog, http://disneytravelbabble.com, and is the author of PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons. Thanks, Carrie!

One of my all-time favorite Disney desserts is not available on any restaurant menu or at any snack location. I discovered Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares on a special-event menu when we were planning our wedding at Epcot a few years ago. Although they were once offered for private events at both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, they’ve since disappeared from the menus.

Now the only way to get Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares at Disney is to plan an event and put in a special request for them. Even then, the quality seems to vary—the last time I had them, they were much better at Hollywood Studios than at Epcot.

DHS-Version-500x375.jpg

Elusive Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares in the wild

So, after scouring the Internet for similar recipes and devouring way too many test batches, I think I’ve finally perfected a method for making Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares at home.

Ingredients

1 cup butter

1 cup peanut butter

24 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate

10.5-ounce bag mini marshmallows

12-ounce bag peanut butter chips

Ingredients-412x550.jpg

Ingredients

Combine butter, peanut butter and chocolate in a double boiler (or, if you’re cheap like me, in a bowl atop a pot full of simmering water).

Step-1-412x550.jpg

Step 1

Stir mixture just until smooth and remove from heat.

Step-2-500x375.jpg

Step 2

Stir in 4 cups of mini marshmallows, followed by 1 cup of peanut butter chips. Working quickly so the chips don’t completely melt, spread mixture into a buttered 9×13-inch baking dish.

Step-3-412x550.jpg

Step 3

Scatter remaining peanut butter chips and marshmallows across the top and lightly press them into the surface to set.

Step-4-412x550.jpg

Step 4

Cool in refrigerator before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Glamour-Shot-500x351.jpg

Yum!

Detail-Shot-500x375.jpg

Tempting Close-up

PRINTABLE VERSION: Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares

Ingredients

1 cup butter

1 cup peanut butter

24 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate

10.5-ounce bag mini marshmallows

12-ounce bag peanut butter chips

Directions

Combine butter, peanut butter and chocolate in a double boiler, stirring just until smooth. Remove mixture from heat. Stir in 4 cups of mini marshmallows, followed by 1 cup of peanut butter chips. Working quickly so the chips don’t completely melt, spread mixture into a buttered 9×13-inch baking dish. Scatter remaining peanut butter chips and marshmallows across the top and lightly press them into the surface to set. Cool in refrigerator before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Makes approximately 40 squares.

http://www.disneyfoo...res/#more-31341

• 1 month later...

Made these yesterday! AMAZING!!!!drool.gif

Can't eat too much of them, they are very sweet!!!!!

I agree. I made them the very next day this was posted and they lasted for a whole week, which in our household is a record!

They are really good, but really rich!