What is the worst/gross thing to happen while camping?

Ewww! :rofl2:

We had the poop fly once.... only it was INSIDE the truck on the way to WDW. Our little (then 1yr old) sweetie "blew out" and had it all over himself even in his hair. We were in downtown Orlando with nowhere to pull over. We were gagging all the way to the Fort. :barf:

Strangely we had something very similar happen on the way back from my husband's grandparents once. It is not a pleasant experience. We made sure to carry old towels in the car until the kids were well beyond potty trained.

It's not really a poop story, but...

When I was a kid we used to tent camp all the time. One time we (Daddy) decided we ought to try using one of the 3-sided cabins that look so cool. If you've never stayed in one, it's pretty simple - 3 walls and a floor. And in our case, a skunk that had taken up residence under the floor...

• 2 weeks later...

Last month when we were at the fort, I was swimming with my 5year old daughter. She was starting to love going underwater. Well, she drank too much of the pool on one of her "dives" and was coughing up water. I carried her over to the stairs, and she coughed again, this time it was orange soda and whatever she had snacked on earlier. The good news is, none got in the pool. The gross news is, it got all over my arm and bathing suit!

Last month when we were at the fort, I was swimming with my 5year old daughter. She was starting to love going underwater. Well, she drank too much of the pool on one of her "dives" and was coughing up water. I carried her over to the stairs, and she coughed again, this time it was orange soda and whatever she had snacked on earlier. The good news is, none got in the pool. The gross news is, it got all over my arm and bathing suit!

Now that is gross. :barf:

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at a Florida State Park several summers ago and saw one of the nastiest and funniest things ever. The park had a dump station and we decided to stop on the way out and drain the tanks.There were several rigs in front of us the first was a group of ladies that filmed there whole experience. Right behind them were two knuckle heads, they were driving a brand new shinny class A. They looked more like they should have been in the RV Cousin Eddie drove in Christmas Vacation.They get out barefooted and shirtless Did I Mention They Were Barefooted At The Dump Station! So they pull the hoses out and hook to the RV not to the hole in the ground. One guy stands there holding it and the other man worked the valve. There was SHtuff going every where AND THEY WERE BAREFOOTED! Next thing the connector made for the hole that he is spraying falls off in the hole so they shut down the operation and the guy gets down on all fours and reaches in the hole almost to his shoulder and plucks the part out. They then went back to splatter painting the dump station brown.When the tank was empty the valve man proceeded to pack the hose up and the hose man started to clean the area with the garden hose. The hose man started spraying the stuff towards the open compartments under the rig allover the side and all over his friend! You could see the brown splatter on both of these clowns as they ventured back in the rig fired it up and took off in to the sunset! BAREFOOTED SHIRTLESS AND COVERED IN POOOOOOO!!!!!!! :barf: :barf:

:barf:

We stayed at a Florida State Park several summers ago and saw one of the nastiest and funniest things ever. The park had a dump station and we decided to stop on the way out and drain the tanks.There were several rigs in front of us the first was a group of ladies that filmed there whole experience. Right behind them were two knuckle heads, they were driving a brand new shinny class A. They looked more like they should have been in the RV Cousin Eddie drove in Christmas Vacation.They get out barefooted and shirtless Did I Mention They Were Barefooted At The Dump Station! So they pull the hoses out and hook to the RV not to the hole in the ground. One guy stands there holding it and the other man worked the valve. There was SHtuff going every where AND THEY WERE BAREFOOTED! Next thing the connector made for the hole that he is spraying falls off in the hole so they shut down the operation and the guy gets down on all fours and reaches in the hole almost to his shoulder and plucks the part out. They then went back to splatter painting the dump station brown.When the tank was empty the valve man proceeded to pack the hose up and the hose man started to clean the area with the garden hose. The hose man started spraying the stuff towards the open compartments under the rig allover the side and all over his friend! You could see the brown splatter on both of these clowns as they ventured back in the rig fired it up and took off in to the sunset! BAREFOOTED SHIRTLESS AND COVERED IN POOOOOOO!!!!!!! :barf: :barf: That is DISGUSTING!!

Our 11year old cattle dog urinated in the trailer last night (first time ever). There was so much of it she soaked her4 inch padded bed, a towel my husband used to clean it up, and seeped under the wood of my daughter's bed into the cabinet there. Hubby is still mad at her.

If its any consolation, Nature's Miracle (in the housebreaking section of your fav pet store) is truly a miracle worker. All natural enzymes, no chemicals, safe will take out any ammonia from urine, and blood, vomit, and any other bodily fluid. I put it in the wash when our 13yo dog has accidents on the area carpets (and lots lately) as well as help to clean up throw up and blood....from either the dog, kids or the hubbie (he walked across carpet to the bathroom to wash his hands when he cut himself in the kitchen.....and NM got it all up.) Anyway, if you need something to clean it up, this will help you.

Disclaimeremot-siren.gif: I am not affiliated with Nature's miracle, sell it or benefit from it. I'm just a mom and a furmom that swears by this stuff!!

Sorry about the dog pee....our dog seems to do this now to show her disapproval with us. emot-argh.gif

We stayed at a Florida State Park several summers ago and saw one of the nastiest and funniest things ever. The park had a dump station and we decided to stop on the way out and drain the tanks.There were several rigs in front of us the first was a group of ladies that filmed there whole experience. Right behind them were two knuckle heads, they were driving a brand new shinny class A. They looked more like they should have been in the RV Cousin Eddie drove in Christmas Vacation.They get out barefooted and shirtless Did I Mention They Were Barefooted At The Dump Station! So they pull the hoses out and hook to the RV not to the hole in the ground. One guy stands there holding it and the other man worked the valve. There was SHtuff going every where AND THEY WERE BAREFOOTED! Next thing the connector made for the hole that he is spraying falls off in the hole so they shut down the operation and the guy gets down on all fours and reaches in the hole almost to his shoulder and plucks the part out. They then went back to splatter painting the dump station brown.When the tank was empty the valve man proceeded to pack the hose up and the hose man started to clean the area with the garden hose. The hose man started spraying the stuff towards the open compartments under the rig allover the side and all over his friend! You could see the brown splatter on both of these clowns as they ventured back in the rig fired it up and took off in to the sunset! BAREFOOTED SHIRTLESS AND COVERED IN POOOOOOO!!!!!!! :barf: :barf:

Considering DH is a microbiologist, my gross tolerance is a bit higher than the average person....and you scored off the charts with me! you-re-killing-me.gif I'm gagging as I read this!!!

Sorry about the dog pee....our dog seems to do this now to show her disapproval with us. emot-argh.gif

We had a dog that would take napkins, kleenex, etc from the bathroom garbage; shred them all over the family room floor; and act totally innocent when we returned. It was because we had the temerity to leave the precious dog behind for an hour or so ...

If its any consolation, Nature's Miracle (in the housebreaking section of your fav pet store) is truly a miracle worker. All natural enzymes, no chemicals, safe will take out any ammonia from urine, and blood, vomit, and any other bodily fluid. I put it in the wash when our 13yo dog has accidents on the area carpets (and lots lately) as well as help to clean up throw up and blood....from either the dog, kids or the hubbie (he walked across carpet to the bathroom to wash his hands when he cut himself in the kitchen.....and NM got it all up.) Anyway, if you need something to clean it up, this will help you.

Disclaimeremot-siren.gif: I am not affiliated with Nature's miracle, sell it or benefit from it. I'm just a mom and a furmom that swears by this stuff!!

we are more than aware of the benefits of that product. We had a Old English Sheepdog puppy who came to us at 50lbs with a bladder infection. The antibiotics from the bladder infections upset his stomach with gave him the runs. For two weeks while we used yogurt to straighten out his tummy I walked around with plastic bags, paper towels, a mop and bucket. Then got some NM and mopped an entire house of HARD WOOD FLOORS. Then I followed it up with vinegar a week later.

On a more recent note, since we are on the road we just threw out her bed. Most RV Parks don't allow dog stuff to be washed. the floors are painted with poly based deck paint for easy cleaning.... just for such occasions. Thanks for the reminder about the NM. Not only practical, useful advice, it also brought up some funny (now.. not at the time) memories.

Ok, I feel the need to share my puppy story now...

A few years back, my sister had lost her 15 yr old four-legged pal to cancer. undecided.gif As fate would have it, I was walking along a parade route and came across a family with a basket of lab pups. Sign read: "Free - Take Me Home!" :heart: The pups in the litter were about 8 weeks in age. Each included a collar, leash,, and a bag of doogie food. Welllllll, who could say no? So, I picked one up, took it home and presented the little girl to my sister. She cried and cuddled with the pup immediately trying out names that might fit.

Well, as it turned out, my sister needed some time to grieve first...so, I promised I could care for "Jessie" until she was ready.

Without further delay, here's the gross part you've been patiently waiting for...:dance:

Jessie goes camping with us that first weekend. Sweet, little. chocolate-colored, ball of love...goes on hikes, sits by the campfire, and even cuddles up next to me in bed....

Ready? :popcorn:

In the middle of the night, little Jessie starts heaving. (you KNOW the sound!) HACK! HACK! HACK! It's completely dark in the camper. I SEE nothing, but instinctively reach out to try and catch the poor little thing's spittle. I know, yuck, right? But knowing I'd be sleeping in a bed that was hacked on wasn't an option, so I quickly comforted her and placed my hand under her chin...

Here it comes...

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could just about make out what upset her tummy...Jessie puked up a huge handful of spaghetti....

WAIT!!!!!............WE DIDN"T HAVE SPAGHETTI!!!!

Now the "spaghetti" starts to squirm around!!!!! :o

It's NOT spaghetti!!!! It's WORMS!!!! The poor little puppy had WORMS!!!!!!

Anyone want to guess if I EVER fell back to sleep that night? Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle...

(Side note: Jessie was treated and has been a happy, worm-free pooch for several years now!) :dance:

Ok, I feel the need to share my puppy story now...

A few years back, my sister had lost her 15 yr old four-legged pal to cancer. undecided.gif As fate would have it, I was walking along a parade route and came across a family with a basket of lab pups. Sign read: "Free - Take Me Home!" :heart: The pups in the litter were about 8 weeks in age. Each included a collar, leash,, and a bag of doogie food. Welllllll, who could say no? So, I picked one up, took it home and presented the little girl to my sister. She cried and cuddled with the pup immediately trying out names that might fit.

Well, as it turned out, my sister needed some time to grieve first...so, I promised I could care for "Jessie" until she was ready.

Without further delay, here's the gross part you've been patiently waiting for...:dance:

Jessie goes camping with us that first weekend. Sweet, little. chocolate-colored, ball of love...goes on hikes, sits by the campfire, and even cuddles up next to me in bed....

Ready? :popcorn:

In the middle of the night, little Jessie starts heaving. (you KNOW the sound!) HACK! HACK! HACK! It's completely dark in the camper. I SEE nothing, but instinctively reach out to try and catch the poor little thing's spittle. I know, yuck, right? But knowing I'd be sleeping in a bed that was hacked on wasn't an option, so I quickly comforted her and placed my hand under her chin...

Here it comes...

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could just about make out what upset her tummy...Jessie puked up a huge handful of spaghetti....

WAIT!!!!!............WE DIDN"T HAVE SPAGHETTI!!!!

Now the "spaghetti" starts to squirm around!!!!! :o

It's NOT spaghetti!!!! It's WORMS!!!! The poor little puppy had WORMS!!!!!!

Anyone want to guess if I EVER fell back to sleep that night? Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle...

(Side note: Jessie was treated and has been a happy, worm-free pooch for several years now!) :dance:

I have slightly similar story that yours has made me remember. I got this cute little maltese/lahsa mix. He was the runt and literally fit in the palm of my hand. He was such a small cuddly thing I named him Snuggles (he also looked a lot like the Snuggles fabric softener bear). After a few weeks I notice something on the floor. It looks like clear jello with red flecks in it. There was a drink that looked the same.

My roommate, who'd also gotten a pup from the same litter, and I start checking dogs. Sure enough there was something creamish in color and long hanging out the back of snuggles butt. I got a tissue and start to pull it out. It stretched until it broke, I grabbed some more, it stretched until it broke. It also had more of the clear looking stuff with red flecks in it. It reminded me of wiggly spaghetti. this unsuccessful removal probably went on for about 5 minutes at which point I knew I was in for a night of whining and a trip to the vet.

Sure enough, after not much sleep, I took him to the vet. He had to have a dewormer twice a day for 10 days and be given Karo syrup twice a day for months to help his recovery. When we finally got back from the Vets it was lunch time. I opened the freezer to pull out a frozen meal and grabbed the first box, it was Spaghetti. I took one look, put it back, and I've never been able to eat frozen Spaghetti since. Actually, I prefer noodles that are shaped now or at least smaller than Spaghetti.

I have slightly similar story that yours has made me remember. I got this cute little maltese/lahsa mix. He was the runt and literally fit in the palm of my hand. He was such a small cuddly thing I named him Snuggles (he also looked a lot like the Snuggles fabric softener bear). After a few weeks I notice something on the floor. It looks like clear jello with red flecks in it. There was a drink that looked the same.

My roommate, who'd also gotten a pup from the same litter, and I start checking dogs. Sure enough there was something creamish in color and long hanging out the back of snuggles butt. I got a tissue and start to pull it out. It stretched until it broke, I grabbed some more, it stretched until it broke. It also had more of the clear looking stuff with red flecks in it. It reminded me of wiggly spaghetti. this unsuccessful removal probably went on for about 5 minutes at which point I knew I was in for a night of whining and a trip to the vet.

Sure enough, after not much sleep, I took him to the vet. He had to have a dewormer twice a day for 10 days and be given Karo syrup twice a day for months to help his recovery. When we finally got back from the Vets it was lunch time. I opened the freezer to pull out a frozen meal and grabbed the first box, it was Spaghetti. I took one look, put it back, and I've never been able to eat frozen Spaghetti since. Actually, I prefer noodles that are shaped now or at least smaller than Spaghetti.

Yeah, I feel your pain. I had a spaghetti meal planned for the next night. Couldn't do it. :blink: We ended up with pizza sticks from a nearby gas station!

There was picture, which I believe was part of a TCD report from someplace else, which scared the heck out of me. Memory is a little fuzzy, but I believe it was of a campsite in the middle of packing up for departure. Part of these campers process, was to lay the stinky slinky from their travel trailer over the bbq grill on that site. I don't remember the site number, but yikes!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Yucks!!!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Ok so here is a story from a time not so far behind that mom may just Off me for telling you but here goes!

Ok, So as you all know, Dad Had open heart surgery in august. Well when he came home to the house, we have a split foyer and well, he couldnt do the steps, so Out to the camper he goes, well, we didnt hook everything up, just the power and the water, thats all you should need right? Well, it took about a week or two and the tanks were full, So here we go, lets try and empty the tanks into our sewer system at the house.

Now Dad and I noticed when we checked out of Gettysburg battlefield resort the last time and used their dumping station that our Stinky slinky had sprung a small Pin sized hole, No need to worry, we wanted to buy a new one anyways, that 20ft kit looked really good at walmart! So not thinking about it when we went out to empty the tanks, we hook up the hoses, find we are to short, so we go buy more hoses, and instead of using the 4 New hoses from both kits, we used two or three of the new hoses and the Black old hose.

As it turns out, the Pin sized hole that dad and I knew was there somewhere, decided that It didnt like Mom and KK (DD10), Who was holding the little elbow thing in place since it wouldnt screw in, And so, It became a Very Large hole, and preceded to spew EWW everywhere, to which Dad and I had to try and duct tape back together, Lets just say that there was alot of EWW in the garage for a while! And the Door was kept all the way open for a day or two, and I think mom threw those shoes away.... or so I hope!!!

I believe I've posted this before and there was a similar story on page 2 that had it been a toy hauler I woulda thought the poster saw us.

When I bought my Tailgator in 2004 we went with friends to Suwannee River SP near Live Oak. Most of us know when you buy a new rv they give you a cheesey little stinky slinky and a roll of toilet paper. When we were departing my friend Mark was going to show me how to empty my tanks so off to the dump station we go. Me first so I hook the hose up and put the end in the hole and dump both tanks. Mark says yeap, that's all there is to it. So I rinse the hose put it away and drive off. I noticed there was an identical hose laying near the dump station by the way.

So anyway, after pulling off I got out to do a walk around the trailer and I look back to hear Mark yell "oh shit". He wasn't kidding either. He thought I left my hose for him and used that other one laying there. Somebody I guess decided they'd show why you shouldn't. They took a knife and had put holes in it. Mark was dancing around trying to get to the shut off lever. Once he got it cut off he had to use a hose and wash everything into the woods. The guy behind us just drove off lol.

I got paid back for laughing at him when I bought my Cougar. We were out at Ginnie Springs on the first trip and when I went to dump the tanks I hadn't noticed they left them open after the walk through. I went to install the hose and when I pulled the cover off it went everywhere. It was my turn to wash into the woods. To this day I still play pee ka boo when I open the cover. It's a slow process taking it off lol.