What is the worst/gross thing to happen while camping?

Doodle you wanted to hear my story so hear goes.

Well I hate to say this but I had an "RV" moment. Last November on our way home from Florida I overnited in SC. Well it was late when we pulled in around 11:30pm. So we ended up sleeping a bit late & were rushing around to get back on the road. I decided to run out and empty the tanks before leaving the site. Well in my haste I didn't notice the dump valve for the poop tank was open. When I opened the cap up that sucker had some presure behind it. Let me just say I saw poop fly. The only saving grace was I had the hose ready in my hand to be connected to the drain pipe. My arms were covered & it was aweful. All I kept thinking was I'm going to be on YouTube now. Thank god that didn't happen. There just didn't seem to be enough water in order to get the smell off my skin.

Now lets hear everyone elses story. :popcorn:

<br>Doodle you wanted to hear my story so hear goes. Well I hate to say this but I had an "RV" moment. Last November on our way home from Florida I overnited in SC. Well it was late when we pulled in around 11:30pm. So we ended up sleeping a bit late & were rushing around to get back on the road. I decided to run out and empty the tanks before leaving the site. Well in my haste I didn't notice the dump valve for the poop tank was open. When I opened the cap up that sucker had some presure behind it. Let me just say I saw poop fly. The only saving grace was I had the hose ready in my hand to be connected to the drain pipe. My arms were covered & it was aweful. All I kept thinking was I'm going to be on YouTube now. Thank god that didn't happen. There just didn't seem to be enough water in order to get the smell off my skin. Now lets hear everyone elses story.":popcorn:"

This happened to me when we picked up the trailer after we had the dealer finish the new trailer "punch out" list. We pulled into Tropical Palms Rv Resort for the weekend and I took off the cap and HOLY FLYING BLUE POOP. I'm yelling at the wife to shut the valve and she has no clue which valve as there are three so I yell to just shut all of them then. The flow finally stops but I look like a Smurf now. Of course there were campers right next door sitting out side. Talk about an embarrassing moment. Now, thinking everything is cool now I hook up the water and turn it on not knowing that they flipped the valve switch from flow to the faucets and shower to the black tank flush sytsem. Well, needless to say. As we are finishing up setting up the trailer we see blue water coming out of the slide out! I run inside and water is overflowing from the toilet. I run out side and hit the switch. Now I am REALLY pissed and so is my wife. My wife calls the dealer and gets their message machine. She leaves them a message about what just happened and asks them if they enjoy, and excuse my language, literally shitting all over their customers. Of course, they eventually call back and apologize profusely and pay to have a carpet cleaner clean the trailer and dry it out. BRAND STINKIN" NEW TRAILER. Anyway, I learned my lesson that day and I check both the black and gray tank valves and the water switch before i do anything.

This isn't a poop story but we had just about everything that could go wrong on a trip happen. We bought a decrepit MH that we decided we could rebuild and have the castle of our dreams. It took us a full year but we got it to the point that it could make a trip to the Fort.(or so we thought) :rofl2:

It was a blizzardy February morning and we are piled in ready to head out, Mike, me, ds17, ds14, ds8 and dd7. We start the old girl up and pull out. Oops, Mike forgot to unplug the power cord. No problem we fix it when we stop for the night.

All is going well, no traffic issues the MH is doing ok. Then we hit Ohio. DD says Mama I don't feel good and proceeds to vomit all our her Barbie doll. I start yelling at Mike to pull over and he yells back that we are having engine issues and is afraid if we stop we won't start again. Well the MH decided it wanted to stop anyway. The engine issues were a thirst problem. the gas gauge wasn't working and we also found out we were getting a whole 2 miles per gallon. :blink: Puke cleaned up, gas tank filled and we are on the road again.

Okay everything is running smooth and life is good until we hit Jellico and have to climb the mountain. Ya well we crawled the mountain using the 4 ways and riding on the shoulder. Thank goodness there wasn't much traffic and we had friends following us. The downhill side was a relief :rofl2:

Now we are in Georgia and the skies open up and it is pouring. I got up to tell the kids to quit jumping on the beds and step in water. WTH. At first I thought one of the kids had left the refrigerator door ajar but that wasn't it. I do a search and why I lifted the dinette seats I don't know but I did find the problem. Mike had forgotten to caulk the seams of the wheel wells and water was spewing up into the compartment. Not much we can do about at this point so we add it to the list of things to take care of and keep on driving.

Oh look the sun has come out. We are past Atlanta and life is good. Ya right. One of the rear inner tires blows. We hobble3 to the nearest mechanic and I swear to god these people were the inspiration for Deliverance. If they had 5 teeth and half a brain between them then I'm a monkeys uncle. The old man tells his boy to pull the outer tire off and instead of reversing the drill he tightens the lugs. They didn't have any tires but we did have the spare so 3 hours later we are back on the road.

Ah Florida. We made it. We stopped for the night at a Yogi Bear campground and rested up for the last stretch of the trip.

Now remember this is February, supposedly a cooler time in the Sunshine State. It was 88 degrees and the MH is overheating. We drive with the windows down and the furnace running full blast, and fortunately we don't break down.

What's this I see, yes it is the MK entrance. The prize is near. We are going to make. We get into the check-in line and it's soon our turn. We get a comedian for a CM. I tell him we are having engine issues but he wants to visit. I beg him to please hurry but the jokes keep coming. Then the radiator starts smoking and I say to him unless you want us to camp right here you better give us our site info and let us go. Wham bam thank you ma'am and we are on our way. I believe we stayed in the 1600 loop this trip.

We set up had a few drinks and started to have fun. It was a beautiful week and we had a blast. However when I say I cried because we had to leave it wasn't because we were leaving the Fort. I just didn't want to make the 1250 journey home knowing the problems we had getting down.

As you can imagine this is the trip we all remember and laugh about now :rofl2:

now that's funny... no, i don't have any good poop stories. well, other than this one time when we stopped at waffle house on the way down. :unsure:

I know this will seem like a crazy question but are you folks members of Thousand Trails and were you At Chesapeake in Va last August? I noticed in your signature the picture and the names of the dogs, if so you only had Thelma & Louise with you then. We would run into you all the time when we were out walking and you told us everyone remembers the dogs more then you.

This happened to me when we picked up the trailer after we had the dealer finish the new trailer "punch out" list. We pulled into Tropical Palms Rv Resort for the weekend and I took off the cap and HOLY FLYING BLUE POOP. I'm yelling at the wife to shut the valve and she has no clue which valve as there are three so I yell to just shut all of them then. The flow finally stops but I look like a Smurf now. Of course there were campers right next door sitting out side. Talk about an embarrassing moment. Now, thinking everything is cool now I hook up the water and turn it on not knowing that they flipped the valve switch from flow to the faucets and shower to the black tank flush sytsem. Well, needless to say. As we are finishing up setting up the trailer we see blue water coming out of the slide out! I run inside and water is overflowing from the toilet. I run out side and hit the switch. Now I am REALLY pissed and so is my wife. My wife calls the dealer and gets their message machine. She leaves them a message about what just happened and asks them if they enjoy, and excuse my language, literally shitting all over their customers. Of course, they eventually call back and apologize profusely and pay to have a carpet cleaner clean the trailer and dry it out. BRAND STINKIN" NEW TRAILER. Anyway, I learned my lesson that day and I check both the black and gray tank valves and the water switch before i do anything.

That is a hilarious story. It's amazing how something like that stays with you forever.

This isn't a poop story but we had just about everything that could go wrong on a trip happen. We bought a decrepit MH that we decided we could rebuild and have the castle of our dreams. It took us a full year but we got it to the point that it could make a trip to the Fort.(or so we thought) :rofl2:

It was a blizzardy February morning and we are piled in ready to head out, Mike, me, ds17, ds14, ds8 and dd7. We start the old girl up and pull out. Oops, Mike forgot to unplug the power cord. No problem we fix it when we stop for the night.

All is going well, no traffic issues the MH is doing ok. Then we hit Ohio. DD says Mama I don't feel good and proceeds to vomit all our her Barbie doll. I start yelling at Mike to pull over and he yells back that we are having engine issues and is afraid if we stop we won't start again. Well the MH decided it wanted to stop anyway. The engine issues were a thirst problem. the gas gauge wasn't working and we also found out we were getting a whole 2 miles per gallon. :blink: Puke cleaned up, gas tank filled and we are on the road again.

Okay everything is running smooth and life is good until we hit Jellico and have to climb the mountain. Ya well we crawled the mountain using the 4 ways and riding on the shoulder. Thank goodness there wasn't much traffic and we had friends following us. The downhill side was a relief :rofl2:

Now we are in Georgia and the skies open up and it is pouring. I got up to tell the kids to quit jumping on the beds and step in water. WTH. At first I thought one of the kids had left the refrigerator door ajar but that wasn't it. I do a search and why I lifted the dinette seats I don't know but I did find the problem. Mike had forgotten to caulk the seams of the wheel wells and water was spewing up into the compartment. Not much we can do about at this point so we add it to the list of things to take care of and keep on driving.

Oh look the sun has come out. We are past Atlanta and life is good. Ya right. One of the rear inner tires blows. We hobble3 to the nearest mechanic and I swear to god these people were the inspiration for Deliverance. If they had 5 teeth and half a brain between them then I'm a monkeys uncle. The old man tells his boy to pull the outer tire off and instead of reversing the drill he tightens the lugs. They didn't have any tires but we did have the spare so 3 hours later we are back on the road.

Ah Florida. We made it. We stopped for the night at a Yogi Bear campground and rested up for the last stretch of the trip.

Now remember this is February, supposedly a cooler time in the Sunshine State. It was 88 degrees and the MH is overheating. We drive with the windows down and the furnace running full blast, and fortunately we don't break down.

What's this I see, yes it is the MK entrance. The prize is near. We are going to make. We get into the check-in line and it's soon our turn. We get a comedian for a CM. I tell him we are having engine issues but he wants to visit. I beg him to please hurry but the jokes keep coming. Then the radiator starts smoking and I say to him unless you want us to camp right here you better give us our site info and let us go. Wham bam thank you ma'am and we are on our way. I believe we stayed in the 1600 loop this trip.

We set up had a few drinks and started to have fun. It was a beautiful week and we had a blast. However when I say I cried because we had to leave it wasn't because we were leaving the Fort. I just didn't want to make the 1250 journey home knowing the problems we had getting down.

As you can imagine this is the trip we all remember and laugh about now :rofl2:

Wow Cherie that is the journey from hell. I'm glad you are able to laugh about it now.

This one is not about me...thank God, but well worth telling. My neighbor last summer at the campground told me one day he was cleaning out his black tank and forgot to turn off the water spraying inside. Well a little while later he noticed a smell and something coming out of the roof toilet vent. He went inside to look and see what was going on and stepped on the toilet flusher and....yes you guessed it...it exploded upward into his face and all over the RV bathroom. Yes, poop everywhere! He freaked out, needless to say. He had his wife turn off the sprayer inside the tank and then proceeded to start the clean up. Can you even clean up from that??? Hahaha :rofl2:

When the kids were younger, we spent 2 weeks in Myrtle Beach every year. We went through a several-year period where someone got hurt or sick every trip. The worst time was on the first day of our trip my DH brought our dog into the trailer, raised up, and hit his head on the countertop extension. He required several stitches and couldn't get his head wet for a week ... then there was a time at the fort that our daughter had a bad case of strep throat ... our younger son knocked his two front teeth out riding a boogie board ... the dog developed pancreatitis ... and on and on.

I know this will seem like a crazy question but are you folks members of Thousand Trails and were you At Chesapeake in Va last August? I noticed in your signature the picture and the names of the dogs, if so you only had Thelma & Louise with you then. We would run into you all the time when we were out walking and you told us everyone remembers the dogs more then you.

no, we aren't memebers of Thousand Trails and nope, we were't in Va last August. we were in Florida in January and visited some fiends that were staying at thousand trails (i think that is where they were staying). but, it is true---most remember our dogs before us. :)

sorry, but it could of been somewhere else or another time??? ::)

no, we aren't memebers of Thousand Trails and nope, we were't in Va last August. we were in Florida in January and visited some fiends that were staying at thousand trails (i think that is where they were staying). but, it is true---most remember our dogs before us. :)

sorry, but it could of been somewhere else or another time??? ::)

Ok I guess I was wrong ( my wife always like to hear me say that) that's funny because the folks we met have a golfcart with the dog pen in the rear to take their pups with them like you do and two dogs are named the same, small worl isn't it, thanks for replying back.

small worl isn't it,

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears

its a world of hopes, its a world of fear

theres so much that we share

that its time we're aware

its a small world after all

CHORUS:

its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun

And a smile means friendship to everyone.

Though the mountains divide

And the oceans are wide

It's a small small world

Well, just read my trip report from last week. Also when we got our last RV Keystone mixed up the labels for the tanks. When we got home I saw that the grey line had water left in it. Or, so I thought. I got a hot shot and I thought I was gonna die. Then there was the time at the Fort at Christmas that we did a fire under the awning. (Not a good idea btw)

Two observations. Once we saw people using the pan where the sewer line goes at the fort to wash dishes. Last trip we saw a child playing there with her sand toys in her bathing suit. EWWWW

Ewww! :rofl2:

We had the poop fly once.... only it was INSIDE the truck on the way to WDW. Our little (then 1yr old) sweetie "blew out" and had it all over himself even in his hair. We were in downtown Orlando with nowhere to pull over. We were gagging all the way to the Fort. :barf:

:rofl2:

now this is a poop story I can relate to, I've had poop in the hair, smeared on the windows, on the dog and in my cooler, my BEER COOLER :'( .. Damn kids, is nothing sacred..