TCD's Kickin' Off Summer 2011 @ The Fort Trip Report

PHEW! Glad you escaped unharmed from the donut seeking marina guy!

I loved your idea of the first picture. My favorite thing about the fort is being surrounded by complete madness, but still in the midst of nature.

But the next picture I like even better. Did you notice the heart carved into the tree? I can imagine a nice young couple (remember when we all did sappy things like that? :rolleyes:) standing out looking over Bay Lake professing their love. Or maybe they were honeymooning? The possibilities are endless! So sweet! :heart:

Yes. You said it very well, the Fort is a place where you can find tranquility while being surrounded by complete madness. At the Fort, I can take a nap in my hammock, or sip my coffee in complete peace and quiet, or pop a beer and set a spell. Then, if I want, I can hop a boat and go ride Space Mountain. There is no other place like that!

As a matter of fact, I did notice the tree carving, but forgot to mention it. I also neglected to mention and important fact, the carving said ST + S70, and The Mayor was seen around the Fort on this visit.

Enjoying your report and photos!

And for all you fisherman out there, I have caught some decent sized bass right here in the area TCD posted. The water looks pretty bad right now though.

I may have to give it a shot sometime soon!

I have often seen folks trying their luck with the fish in this area. And, you have to figure that gator was hanging around that area for something.

Glad it turned out to be a non-event so you could keep exploring!

Another great report!

I don't know this for a fact but I think the weir (or dam) is there to seperate two drainage basins, with the canal being on the downstream side. If I remember right the water elevation in Bay Lake is usually at least a foot higher than the water elevation in the canal. So if they opened the weir they would drain Bay Lake, at least until the two basins equalized.

When they pump the water from the canal (lower basin) into Bay Lake they are short ciruiting the system to keep the lake water levels up. Some places do that to keep entrance lakes or lakes near a building that a lot of people see full so they look better.

Sorry didn't mean to sidetrack your trip report and get all water management on you. lol Just thought I'd share.

I'm ready for more of this awesome report!

WBI

That is great information, and it makes sense to me.

There was a discussion about this dam (or weir, as you call it) on another discussion board a while back. There is a book that has some information and photos about this, and my recollection is that the entire system is designed to work by gravity. I guess when the water in the Fort drainage system gets higher than the water in Bay Lake, it drains in to the lake. But when the lake starts getting low, they break out this pump, because the Fort system then will not flow. They obviously must do something to regulate the water levels in Bay Lake, as it is important to keep the water level somewhat consistent for all of the boat transportation.

I have never seen the FW popo catch anyone using carts down in that area.

I like the pictures from underneath the tree. That's how I like to remember the Fort. One of the first things we did after getting setup was to wander down that very path from the 300 loop. We returned two nights later to catch the water pageant/parade and the fireworks over MK. Honestly, I almost prefer watching the fireworks from that path by the lake.

As a matter of fact, that might be the exact spot where we found the man & his child watching the parade. He talked to us about his tradition of coming EVERY christmas to the Fort (wahwahwah)......

I have personally seen the Fort po-po chase down folks back in this area. In fact, I know someone personally who had such an encounter. It wasn't early in the morning though. The po-po usually aren't out early in the morning.

Lot's of folks would agree with you about watching the MK fireworks from that spot. This is where the wagon rides stop to watch the fireworks. According to numerous first-hand reports, they often provide an audio feed out here for the fireworks. I have never heard the audio here, so I still prefer Clementine's Beach.

One of the best things about TCD reports are the tidbits you learn about WDW along the way. Please don't apologize for it.

Wonder if anyone has called about the fish food yet?

Agreed!

I always try to dig up something new, and, in turn, almost always learn something new from folks posting tidbits in trip reports.

We did have one person report back about the fish feeder, but I am still waiting on a certain someone's report.

Just catching up and loving the report! I have to say that crepe myrtles are my favorite tree. They just thrive in the heat that wilts everything and everyone else.

Great pics of FW/MK together! And, scary pics of the gator(s)!

Looking forward to more. :)

Thanks, Leslie.

I like the Crepe Myrtles myself.

Especially in the Summer, when they are in bloom.

We will have a few more Crepe Myrtle shots in this report.

I don't ever remember seeing Crepe Myrtles when I lived up north. They seem pretty hearty. Do they grow in your neck of the woods?

TCD

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a matter of fact, I did notice the tree carving, but forgot to mention it. I also neglected to mention and important fact, the carving said ST + S70, and The Mayor was seen around the Fort on this visit.

TCD

:raspberry: Ya had me there for a minute! I'm quite certain that if that tree actually said that, it would have been struck by lightning by now! :laugh:

It seems a little quiet here around FF.net today.

Maybe everyone has gotten an early start on their weekend?

Well, some of us are still around.

And, I am going to keep posting.

Where we last left off we were watching the gator swim out into the lake.

And, we are still here.

There he is. And make note of the duck there on the right. I think the gator has his eye on him:

100_0540.jpg

But, that duck has his eye on the gator too.

The gator pretends that he is swimming away:

100_0543.jpg

While I was standing there, I snapped this photo of the old cabin. It is looking a bit shabby of late:

100_0544.jpg

I really wanted to try to get a photo of the gator in the lake with Space Mountain and Cinderella Castle in the background.

That would be a cool photo.

But, the gator was not cooperating at all.

He is way over on the far right of this photo, and Space Mountain is way over on the left:

100_0545.jpg

That duck is still not in the clear:

100_0546.jpg

zoom3.jpg

You can see the gator and the MK in this photo, but you wouldn't know that was the gator unless I told you:

100_0547.jpg

My photo idea was not happening.

But, maybe the gator would eat one of these ducks, and I could get a photo of that:

100_0548.jpg

He wouldn't cooperate with that idea either.

So, I decided to take a closer look around the cabin.

Here's a side view:

100_0549.jpg

There's a fenced in area behind the cabin. It used to be hard to get a look at what was back there (there never was anything of note), but not anymore:

100_0550.jpg

There is an old tractor back here:

100_0551.jpg

And a lot of weeds:

100_0552.jpg

But that's all.

I took one more look at the gator. Maybe he was going to get around to eating one of those ducks, but I got tired of waiting:

100_0553.jpg

So it's time to move on.

There was an interesting contraption hanging in the tree near the cabin:

100_0554.jpg

100_0555.jpg

What in the world is that?

It's purple, too.

I remember a science teacher once explaining that we should use all of our senses when examining something and trying to form our hypotheses. My sense of sight told me that this may have been some type of insect trap. My sense of touch told me this was sticky. My sense of smell and hearing told me nothing. So, I gave it a good lick. My sense of taste told me that it tasted like crap.

Bottom line, I don't know. My best guess is that someone painted a purple piece of cardboard with crap and hung it in a tree to see what would happen.

But, maybe it's an insect trap.

Last year at this time, folks were having real problems with Yellow Flies at the Fort. I saw just one all weekend. They must have cleared out after they tasted this trap.

Looking off to the side opposite the lake from the cabin, we can see where the Wilderness Swamp Trail used to be:

100_0556.jpg

It looks like some ding dongs have started to vandalize the cabin. I hate to see this:

100_0557.jpg

Here's a look down the canal as we head out of here:

100_0558.jpg

And, one last look over toward Bay Lake:

100_0559.jpg

I headed out via the 300 loop.

Here we are heading in to the 300 loop. Notice that there is an old utility stump sitting here:

100_0560.jpg

I guess at some point, this exit way must have been a campsite:

100_0561.jpg

But it must have been a long, long. time ago, as there is no gap in the campsite numbers here.

The official name of the 300 loop is Cypress Knee Circle.

And, here's some of those Cypress Knees right here, behind site #331:

100_0562.jpg

The name of this loop is appropriate.

I have yet to see a Buffalo anywhere near the 500 loop.

Here we are looking back to where we just came from. That's site 329 on the right, and that path to the left will take you back to the cabin and dam area that we just visited:

100_0563.jpg

This is site 331:

100_0564.jpg

On the way out of the loop, I witnessed a pretty bad case of animal abuse. I took a photo of this poor dog so I could forward it to the good folks at PETA for handling:

100_0565.jpg

Not really.

That is a fake dog.

It is interesting to see how folks decorate their sites when there is no holiday near.

More on that later.

For now, we are heading to our next stop.

Can anyone guess where that might be?

TCD

I'm so happy that you got another installment out before I left, that's what I have been waiting for! I bet Trevor and Mason are getting hot out in the truck. ;)

Ok, maybe I'm just blowing smoke up....... uhh, we can't check in until 2:00 and it will probably take about 20 minutes to get there, so I'm killing time with my favorite peeps!

I'm still here too!

Thanks for another installement on a slow Friday.

Did the old wilderness swamp trail look like it had seen any traffic lately?

I guess your not going to the Fort this weekend, are your passes blacked out all of July?

The camping princess and I just bought Annual Passes, last year we kept putting it off and ended up buying two 3-day passes. This year we figure we'll probalby go more than 6 days so we pulled the trigger and got the Annual Passes!! We might even try them out on Sunday, MK is open till 3am. :)

WBI

It seems a little quiet here around FF.net today.

Maybe everyone has gotten an early start on their weekend?

Well, some of us are still around.

And, I am going to keep posting.

Where we last left off we were watching the gator swim out into the lake.

And, we are still here.

There he is. And make note of the duck there on the right. I think the gator has his eye on him:

100_0540.jpg

But, that duck has his eye on the gator too.

The gator pretends that he is swimming away:

100_0543.jpg

While I was standing there, I snapped this photo of the old cabin. It is looking a bit shabby of late:

100_0544.jpg

I really wanted to try to get a photo of the gator in the lake with Space Mountain and Cinderella Castle in the background.

That would be a cool photo.

But, the gator was not cooperating at all.

He is way over on the far right of this photo, and Space Mountain is way over on the left:

100_0545.jpg

That duck is still not in the clear:

100_0546.jpg

zoom3.jpg

You can see the gator and the MK in this photo, but you wouldn't know that was the gator unless I told you:

100_0547.jpg

My photo idea was not happening.

But, maybe the gator would eat one of these ducks, and I could get a photo of that:

100_0548.jpg

He wouldn't cooperate with that idea either.

So, I decided to take a closer look around the cabin.

Here's a side view:

100_0549.jpg

There's a fenced in area behind the cabin. It used to be hard to get a look at what was back there (there never was anything of note), but not anymore:

100_0550.jpg

There is an old tractor back here:

100_0551.jpg

And a lot of weeds:

100_0552.jpg

But that's all.

I took one more look at the gator. Maybe he was going to get around to eating one of those ducks, but I got tired of waiting:

100_0553.jpg

So it's time to move on.

There was an interesting contraption hanging in the tree near the cabin:

100_0554.jpg

100_0555.jpg

What in the world is that?

It's purple, too.

I remember a science teacher once explaining that we should use all of our senses when examining something and trying to form our hypotheses. My sense of sight told me that this may have been some type of insect trap. My sense of touch told me this was sticky. My sense of smell and hearing told me nothing. So, I gave it a good lick. My sense of taste told me that it tasted like crap.

Bottom line, I don't know. My best guess is that someone painted a purple piece of cardboard with crap and hung it in a tree to see what would happen.

But, maybe it's an insect trap.

Last year at this time, folks were having real problems with Yellow Flies at the Fort. I saw just one all weekend. They must have cleared out after they tasted this trap.

Looking off to the side opposite the lake from the cabin, we can see where the Wilderness Swamp Trail used to be:

100_0556.jpg

It looks like some ding dongs have started to vandalize the cabin. I hate to see this:

100_0557.jpg

Here's a look down the canal as we head out of here:

100_0558.jpg

And, one last look over toward Bay Lake:

100_0559.jpg

I headed out via the 300 loop.

Here we are heading in to the 300 loop. Notice that there is an old utility stump sitting here:

100_0560.jpg

I guess at some point, this exit way must have been a campsite:

100_0561.jpg

But it must have been a long, long. time ago, as there is no gap in the campsite numbers here.

The official name of the 300 loop is Cypress Knee Circle.

And, here's some of those Cypress Knees right here, behind site #331:

100_0562.jpg

The name of this loop is appropriate.

I have yet to see a Buffalo anywhere near the 500 loop.

Here we are looking back to where we just came from. That's site 329 on the right, and that path to the left will take you back to the cabin and dam area that we just visited:

100_0563.jpg

This is site 331:

100_0564.jpg

On the way out of the loop, I witnessed a pretty bad case of animal abuse. I took a photo of this poor dog so I could forward it to the good folks at PETA for handling:

100_0565.jpg

Not really.

That is a fake dog.

It is interesting to see how folks decorate their sites when there is no holiday near.

More on that later.

For now, we are heading to our next stop.

Can anyone guess where that might be?

TCD

The dog pic woke me up, I was staring at it for minute trying to figure out how in the world they got him to wear that hat.. then I ready your text. It's a picture story kind of day for me, no one is in the office but me.. I have the focus of a nat.. :blink:

I'm so happy that you got another installment out before I left, that's what I have been waiting for! I bet Trevor and Mason are getting hot out in the truck. ;)

Ok, maybe I'm just blowing smoke up....... uhh, we can't check in until 2:00 and it will probably take about 20 minutes to get there, so I'm killing time with my favorite peeps!

Oh, poor Mason.

I know he won't get out of the truck, either.

I guess I should say poor Trevor, too.

Does he stay in the truck to make sure you don't leave him just like Mason does?

I'll say it now, as I don't know if I'll get another chance: Have a great weekend!

I hope the weather is nice and you get to use the heck out of your boat!

I'm still here too!

Thanks for another installement on a slow Friday.

Did the old wilderness swamp trail look like it had seen any traffic lately?

I guess your not going to the Fort this weekend, are your passes blacked out all of July?

The camping princess and I just bought Annual Passes, last year we kept putting it off and ended up buying two 3-day passes. This year we figure we'll probalby go more than 6 days so we pulled the trigger and got the Annual Passes!! We might even try them out on Sunday, MK is open till 3am. :)

WBI

No signs of any traffic or activity at all on the old Wilderness Swamp Trail.

No comment about my intended whereabouts this weekend. But, I was at the Fort last 4th of July even though my passes were blacked out.

Congrats on the annual passes! I hope you and the CP get a lot of use out of them! If you go on Sunday, remember that there will be a complete presentation of the July 4th fireworks on the 3rd as well at 9 pm. We watched those from the Polynesian Resort beach last year, and thought they were great!

If you make it to 3 am, you need to take a photo at the clock on Main Street.

Have a good weekend.

And, I am going to try to get another update in before the weekend starts.

TCD

I'm still here too. Great pictures. I was relieved not seeing the gator dine on duck :whew: Please no more trap tasting, that could turn out very bad :barf: and we love all the info you provide :banana:

I disagree with you on the gator v. duck photo, but I agree with you about no more purple trap tasting.

The dog pic woke me up, I was staring at it for minute trying to figure out how in the world they got him to wear that hat.. then I ready your text. It's a picture story kind of day for me, no one is in the office but me.. I have the focus of a nat.. :blink:

Sorry about quoting all the pics.. told ya I'm not quite right in the head today...

Don't worry about it.

You got us to page 4.

And page 3 was getting really long!

TCD

Well, as long as we are near the top of a new page, I might as well post more photos!

So, here we go.

We will push this post all the way to the 30 photo limit.

How do you like me now?

We left off with the poor dog tied to the tree.

Did anyone guess that we would be stopping at good old site 617 next?

If so, you are right!

But that really wasn't too hard to figure out, now, was it?

I usually park behind the 800 loop bus stop for these visits.

And that's exactly what I did.

You know I always am on the look-out for something new at the Fort.

And, I saw something new right here.

Namely this:

100_0566.jpg

You see those orange posts?

Those weren't there the last time I was at the Fort.

Which wasn't even that long ago.

What is this all about?

Let's take a closer look:

100_0567.jpg

It looks like they are trying to keep folks turning right out of the 800 loop from getting too close to the bus stop.

I wonder why?

Actually, I know why.

Look at the corner of the bus stop roof:

100_0568.jpg

How about a little closer now:

100_0569.jpg

And now even closer:

100_0570.jpg

That bus stop has been hit many times. As a matter of fact, when I was at the Fort this past February, I was visiting with the Mayor and the Otter Spotter one morning when the Mayor's phone rings. Someone was reporting to him that someone had just hit that bus stop. Did you know the mayor has operatives in the field? Well now you do. And, then on another visit, I saw some poor guy pulled over in the Meadow Trading Post parking area across from the 600 loop entrance with a bunch of WDW security vehicles and castmembers around staring at the curb side of this 5th wheel. He had hit the bus stop too. Bummer.

Imagine what that would do to your rig.

Not a good thing.

These barriers should help with that.

But, they will also cause folks to pull way out into oncoming traffic.

Maybe they just should have moved the bus stop?

But, we didn't come here for that.

We came here for this:

100_0571.jpg

Ah, there it is!

Good old Site 617.

So beautiful!

I never get tired of seeing it.

Here's a closer look for you:

100_0572.jpg

Those lucky campers!

I just had a bunch of stinking trees and flowers around my site on the 1500 loop.

They get the road and that great fence and sidewalk view.

It's not fair!

But, they are paying $30 a night more than I am, so I guess I can't complain.

Here we are looking in to the new part of the 600 loop:

100_0573.jpg

This loop needs more trees.

But, it is always full.

So, what do I know?

Here's one of the lakefront sites:

100_0574.jpg

100_0575.jpg

I will admit that I wouldn't mind that view.

Here we are at the footbridge that leads to the campfire area from here:

100_0576.jpg

And now we are on the bridge, looking out over the lake toward the Meadow Trading Post:

100_0577.jpg

Look over toward the right bank of the lake in the photo above. Do you see there are some kayaks floating there? Apparently, someone forgot to lock them up last night, and some hooligans put them out in the lake.

Here we are just across the bridge. I wonder if they will ever put campsites over on this side like they did across the way?:

100_0578.jpg

That would be a nice spot for a campsite, right?

There is something else new here.

They paved circles around each of the fire pits, and piled up rocks around them. I'm not sure this is a good idea:

100_0579.jpg

100_0580.jpg

I think the plan was for the rocks to keep folks back from the fires. But, I have seen these in action, and imagine small kids perched on those rocks holding sticks topped with flaming marshmallows. Turns out this wasn't such a great idea.

Here's the stage used for the sing-a-long. I remember there being more barrels in front, but maybe I'm mistaken:

100_0582.jpg

Here's the other fire pit. Same deal:

100_0584.jpg

Here's a look at the movie screen and the benches:

100_0585.jpg

This photo came out kind of cool. You can see the screen and stage reflected in the glass that covers the announcement board:

100_0586.jpg

Here's the movie list for the week:

100_0587.jpg

We have our eye on Tangled for tonight.

It's been a long time since we have attended the sing-a-long and movie.

There is a Deliberate Mickey ( according to Magic Bus' definition) cut out right here in this wall on the projection building:

100_0588.jpg

The Chuck Wagon here at the campfire area has always intrigued me.

Was this a real wagon that was modified to be a food service location, or was it just build on site to resemble a wagon?:

100_0591.jpg

There is an awful lot of detail on this thing which makes me suspect that maybe it is a real wagon:

100_0592.jpg

Look at the hardware and the hinges:

100_0593.jpg

100_0594.jpg

Those hinges don't get used for anything, and the hitch is kind of a danger, so why put it there if this was just built on site to resemble a wagon?

But, when I look at the Chuck Wagon from this angle, and notice how the door and floor are level with the ground, it doesn't look like it was a real wagon to begin with:

100_0595.jpg

I did the 5 senses thing, and I have to say that it tastes like a real wagon to me, so I don't know.

As I was looking around, this piece of equipment caught my eye:

100_0596.jpg

Do you see how much duct tape is on that thing?

That is impressive.

Looks like something I might do.

I guess this is some kind of Backflow device:

100_0598.jpg

It must be important, because it has its own warning light:

100_0599.jpg

You would think something that important might be better not to be repaired with duct tape.

But what do we know?

As I head out of here and back to the bridge, I took another look at the lake. Notice in this photo how there's a Castmember over by the Bike Barn scratching his head. He probably just got to work and saw the kayaks across the lake and was trying to figure out what to do:

100_0602.jpg

Well, that is 30 photos.

Go ahead and count them if you don't believe me.

That's the limit.

So we will stop here.

And pick it up from here in the next post.

It's still early Saturday morning.

And we have a long day at the Fort ahead of us.

TCD

I love how you catch all the changes at the Fort.

Bus stop... glad we don't have a fifth wheel or a class A but then again we like the 300 loop. You just missed getting a picture of our site. Did you see the resident Armadillo?

Nothing like getting to work in the morn and going out for a row :banana:

Being from the south, I assure you (at least according to my English father) there isn't much duct tape won't fix!!

I love how you catch all the changes at the Fort.

Bus stop... glad we don't have a fifth wheel or a class A but then again we like the 300 loop. You just missed getting a picture of our site. Did you see the resident Armadillo?

Nothing like getting to work in the morn and going out for a row :banana:

Being from the south, I assure you (at least according to my English father) there isn't much duct tape won't fix!!

I do have an armadillo photo coming up in a while. But, this one was hanging out near Trail's End. Maybe he is your armadillo. You will have to wait for the photo to see.

I agree with your father about duct tape. I have "fixed" plenty of things with it. But, I assume someone was paid to fix the backflow thingamajig, and that maybe something other than duct tape was in order.

TCD

I have another 30 photos uploading right now.

But, first I will pause for a brief comment.

I have now been a member of this site for 57 days. That's 8 weeks and a day.

When I joined, there was not a single trip report with over a thousand views.

This one just became the 16th!

And there are a bunch that have blown way past a thousand!

That's pretty remarkable if you ask me.

I call that the TCD Effect.

Go Fiends!

Now, back to our report.

Will we ever make it to noon on Saturday?

Not in the next post we won't.

TCD

I agree with your father about duct tape. I have "fixed" plenty of things with it. But, I assume someone was paid to fix the backflow thingamajig, and that maybe something other than duct tape was in order.

TCD

We were always taught, if it moves and it's not supposed to, put duct tape on it. If it doesn't move and it's supposed to, put WD-40 on it. :banana:

Continuing on . . .

It is time for us to head back across the bridge and reunite with the TCD golf cart.

We have more places to visit.

And, I need some more coffee too.

As I head toward the bridge, I noticed this Bay Tree behind some of the sites on the 1400 loop:

100_0603.jpg

You wouldn't know it unless you visit in the Summer, but there are Bay Trees all over the Fort. They start to bloom right after the azaleas and magnolias finish, and bloom with white flowers all Summer. The 100 loop is called Bay Tree Lane, but there are Bay Trees all around the Fort. They are beautiful to see!

As I crossed the bridge, I noticed how low the water level is in the canal. Look at the banks, and you can see the normal water level:

100_0604.jpg

Here's a look at 617 from the side and front:

100_0605.jpg

And here's another look at the 800 loop bus stop:

100_0606.jpg

Our next stop is the Meadow Trading Post for some java.

Someone had done a little painting over here to the side:

100_0607.jpg

Here's one of those Disney touches:

100_0608.jpg

These blue flowers are all around the Fort:

100_0609.jpg

Look, the Jesus Jet is doing a little sky writing this morning!:

100_0610.jpg

A castmember was coming out from behind the Trading Post, and had the gates open, so I had to take this photo (even though it shows nothing):

100_0611.jpg

Here's a look along the front of the Meadow Trading Post. You can see the Jesus Jet's work up there in the sky. You can tell it's still pretty early in the morning by the long shadows:

100_0612.jpg

A castmember was working on the water fountain in the front of the Trading Post. I don't know what I was expecting, but you can see it's just a normal water fountain under the wood box (and I think I can see some duct tape there, too!):

100_0613.jpg

Here we are looking across the Meadow Trading Post's front yard toward the 900 loop bus stop:

100_0614.jpg

There are identical signs like this at the front and back doors of the Trading Post. I can't tell you why an "s" has been added to Meadow:

100_0615.jpg

After filling my coffee mug, I looked around inside for a bit.

I always look at the camping gadgets available for sale. They have such an odd assortment of things:

100_0616.jpg

I recently had to replace my cable. It was $7.95 for 25' at Home Depot. Here's how much they charge at the Trading Post:

100_0617.jpg

That bag with two tent pegs in it costs $4.95:

100_0618.jpg

For a while now, they didn't have six packs of beer for sale here- just singles. But here's a six pack:

100_0622.jpg

You think that's steep?

Then don't look at this:

100_0623.jpg

But, there's a deal on the water.

Everywhere in WDW, a 1/2 liter bottle of Dasani water is $2.95.

Well, here you can get a break on a 1.5 liter bottle:

100_0624.jpg

I thought the eggs were reasonable, but I just saw them on sale locally for $.99 a dozen:

100_0626.jpg

I think this is a good price for milk ($2.95 a half gallon), especially when it's the same price they charge for a 1/2 liter bottle of water:

100_0627.jpg

Not all the dairy prices are reasonable. Check out the price for 16 slices of cheese!:

100_0628.jpg

If you bought the eggs, cheese and this ham, you could whip up some nice (but pricey) omelets:

100_0629.jpg

They have recently started stocking some interesting book titles here. I don't remember seeing this cookbook before:

100_0630.jpg

100_0631.jpg

I browsed through that book- it looks pretty good.

I think we have seen enough in here.

Let's look out back.

There's Bear Rock- but it is high and dry!:

100_0632.jpg

I missed the fun.

The kayaks were being dragged in across the lake:

100_0633.jpg

I usually like to sit in a rocker behind the Meadow Trading Post for a bit after I pick up coffee there.

But someone was in my spot.

So, I walked over here:

100_0634.jpg

To this picnic table:

100_0635.jpg

It sits under a big oak tree.

I decided that I would sit here for a spell:

100_0636.jpg

It was a beautiful morning.

When we visited last year at this same time, it was unpleasantly hot.

But, it wasn't too bad this morning.

There was a great breeze.

And, I was in the shade.

It was great sitting there under that tree.

I'll bet you wouldn't believe it if I told you that I came across a candidate for a TCD Real Man of Genius Award while I was sitting there.

I didn't believe it myself.

But I did.

We will take a look in my next post.

Because that is another 30 photos!

Bam!

TCD

Andrew stop tasting things, I am starting to get concerned. :rofl2:

Still loving all the photos.

Wow the price they charge for camping gear is outrageous, but I suppose if you're in a pinch you pay the price.

What's the deal with all the duct tape? Not very Disney is it. You'd think they would at least have custom tape :blink:

There I'm all caught up and ready for more. :banana:

Hmmmm Doodlebug... I think we should start worrying about what he's ingesting. If he gets sick...no more TCD reports. Not to mention the TCD Twins would suffer from too few WDW trips! The rest of us wouldn't get our FW fix........

As for the prices... it's cheaper to drive to Walmart... really ouch!

I agree about the custom tape. How hard is it to use a sharpy to draw mouse ears on some duck tape?

Andrew stop tasting things, I am starting to get concerned. :rofl2:

Still loving all the photos.

Wow the price they charge for camping gear is outrageous, but I suppose if you're in a pinch you pay the price.

What's the deal with all the duct tape? Not very Disney is it. You'd think they would at least have custom tape :blink:

There I'm all caught up and ready for more. :banana:

As best I can recall, that was all the taste testing I did on this trip.

I didn't need to lick the armadillo, because I knew what he was.

I'm sorry to say that you will need to put your dancing banana away for a couple of days.

Against my better judgment, we are about to have another intermission.

Hmmmm Doodlebug... I think we should start worrying about what he's ingesting. If he gets sick...no more TCD reports. Not to mention the TCD Twins would suffer from too few WDW trips! The rest of us wouldn't get our FW fix........

As for the prices... it's cheaper to drive to Walmart... really ouch!

I agree about the custom tape. How hard is it to use a sharpy to draw mouse ears on some duck tape?

As stated above, I don't think there were any more ingestions, and no ill effects in any event.

And, for those of you following along, we are going to have a break in the action.

I'm going away for the 4th.

I'll be back to finish this thing next week.

And maybe I am not going to be caught up after all.

TCD

One would think he learned his lesson last time....when the parent is away the teenagers will play :suspense:

I can feel my maturity level dropping by the smiley.... oh...no :suspense:

I'll was going to start the hijacking with a smiley thon but there is apprently a limit to the number of emoticons allowed in a single posted :comeback: