TCD's Kickin' Off Summer 2011 @ The Fort Trip Report

Good report, TCD.

I have it on good authority that the lawnmower tree will be removed during the construction of the golf cart parking lot. But in it's place, within the landscape island depicted in the drawings, will be an animatronic replica of the original full size tree, including a lawnmower, as well as tiki birds on the branches that interact with people as they pass by. However, this tree will have a mischievous side to it, and will occasionally reach out and grab unsuspecting naughty children.

Here's an artists' conception of it.

HP2470-2.jpg

Ok, maybe I don't have that on good authority. Or on any authority, really. But that's what I want to see happen.

:rofl2: :rofl2:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Leslie.

If the likely event that the Fort's hammocks are not replaced by the time of your next visit, let me know, and I'll lend you the TCD hammock.

TCD

You've got a deal, but only if you let me buy you a drink at Crockett's. :)

I have it on good authority that the lawnmower tree will be removed during the construction of the golf cart parking lot. But in it's place, within the landscape island depicted in the drawings, will be an animatronic replica of the original full size tree, including a lawnmower, as well as tiki birds on the branches that interact with people as they pass by. However, this tree will have a mischievous side to it, and will occasionally reach out and grab unsuspecting naughty children.

HP2470-2.jpg

Love it!

I'll bet he gave you an earful.

Your son is great.

I heard him giving you grief about your shorts.

What I can't tell is whether that comes from you or Mrs. anolefan?

Maybe you better not answer that.

TCD

A little of both.

Mrs. anolefan is much more quiet than I, but has more attention to those detail things (like the shorts comment).

The fact that he called me out on them comes directly from me unfortunately :)

All very interesting points (as usual). I've often thought that there was a direct correlation between perishability (if that's a word) and the real world price that Disney charges. If they price Milk at $10 gallon, they might end up losing more dollars in spoilage, than they reap from ridiculous margins. Unfortunately for me, beer has a somewhat extended shelf life. :popcorn:

That is very insightful. You might be right about that - I have also noticed that the prices on the bread items seem to be less inflated.

And, I hear you on the beer. Those prices are insane!

Great job! Thank you for that! And, thank you for the spike. I am devising a way to display it :banana:

You are welcome, and please share a photo of your spike display!

Once again, thank you for allowing me to follow along on yet another TCD trip report. Looking forward to your next one.

You are welcome.

And, the next report should be launching soon.

Like today or tomorrow soon.

TCD we must have just missed you. We arrived on the 11th and had 1508. We were neighbors.

Darn. We were neighbors. We didn't leave until the 12th. I actually noticed your round wooden sign, and I was going to stop and ask about it. Do you make these? I noticed on a previous trip that Hilda has one. Too bad I didn't stop, I would have liked to meet you. I'll know it's you next time.

Good report, TCD.

HP2470-2.jpg

Ok, maybe I don't have that on good authority. Or on any authority, really. But that's what I want to see happen.

Dave-

You should be an Imagineer.

That is such a great idea!

I'd love to see it!

You've got a deal, but only if you let me buy you a drink at Crockett's. :)

OK- That's a deal!

A little of both.

Mrs. anolefan is much more quiet than I, but has more attention to those detail things (like the shorts comment).

The fact that he called me out on them comes directly from me unfortunately :)

Hmmm.

Something tells me this kid is going to go far in life!

TCD

Please tell me you are about to launch a new report. I'm laid up with a deep tissue bruise on my leg......spare me some boredom.

Yes. I am working on it. I just scanned a couple of documents, and I am about to upload some photos.

I am still working on the title.

But, I assure you it will be Flippin' Awesome!

Literally.

You'll see.

In the meantime, have you read all of the other July 4th reports?

There are some really good ones.

TCD

Yes. I am working on it. I just scanned a couple of documents, and I am about to upload some photos.

I am still working on the title.

But, I assure you it will be Flippin' Awesome!

Literally.

You'll see.

In the meantime, have you read all of the other July 4th reports?

There are some really good ones.

TCD

I am heading out to peruse them now.

Glad you're back and ready to start your new report! I've had a crappy day so far, and it's been pouring rain for an hour. A new TCD report is just what the doctor ordered! :)

Lots of catching up to do! I come back and what do I find? TCD is here! I love reading trip reports and yours are great! I always learn something (and not always about the Fort!) Thanks for the info and link on the new dining pavilion. I was going to have to ask what was going on. We are searching for a new camper and hopefully will be at the Fort around the New Year.

Glad you're back and ready to start your new report! I've had a crappy day so far, and it's been pouring rain for an hour. A new TCD report is just what the doctor ordered! :)

I am almost ready to get started. I'll speed things up just for you! I hope your day picks up from here. We haven't had any raid yet today to the south of you. But, we are supposed to.

Lots of catching up to do! I come back and what do I find? TCD is here! I love reading trip reports and yours are great! I always learn something (and not always about the Fort!) Thanks for the info and link on the new dining pavilion. I was going to have to ask what was going on. We are searching for a new camper and hopefully will be at the Fort around the New Year.

Hello to my neighbors from NYE 2010/2011!

I hope that you get that new camper in time to be back this year.

I hope to be there too. I haven't had any luck with a reservation yet, though.

But, there's plenty of time for that.

TCD