Suggestions for Pigeon Forge?

We will be heading to Pigeon Forge, TN in September. We know we will be visiting Dollywood for a few days and will also be anxious to see the Smokies, but otherwise there seems to be an over abundance of attractions to choose from. I am sure there are some that top the list of favorites from those who have already visited there. Does anyone have any particular suggestions? Thanks!

When are you going in September? We are going there the last week of September.

We are hoping to hit that area again in September, we stayed at Claughboughs in Pigeon Forge Last time, I didnt have the greatest experience and I wont tent camp there again, but the location is great if you want to be in the middle of everything. I think we are going to try the Jellystone this time.. we shall see.

I have reservations at River Edge, which looks good in the pictures on the Internet and has been recommended by some friends.

When are you going in September? We are going there the last week of September.

At this point we plan on being there from 9/18 to about 9/26. As far as CGs go, we think at this point we are leaning towards Twin Mountain RV park because one of my sons plan on camping in a tent and there are only a handful of CGs that seem to permit them (I was wondering if maybe the word "bears" was the reason for that!). If he does not make the trip then we plan, like you, on aiming for River-Edge Park. We just returned from a short trip to Disney's All-Stars (had a GREAT time) so most of my planning was working on that trip, but will now have more time to plan this September trip. We are really looking forward to it! :banana: Hope to maybe get to meet you and say hello!

Our favorite campground in that area is Smoky Bear Campground in Cosby, TN. It's closer to Gatlinburg. The owners are on site and super nice. They have a welcome letter filled with ideas of free and not free things to do in the area. Also they try to do activities there at the campground to encourage fun and fellowship like line dancing, games etc. One time when we were there my youngest dd won a stuffed bear. She was able to put a wooden coin between her legs and drop into in a jug. Yep my girl's got talent! :rofl2:

It looks like during the time that you are there they will have their 6th annual apple harvest contest.

We have not stayed in the tent area before and it is primitive so that may factor into your choice. I will tell you though the bath house was super clean.

Our favorite campground in that area is Smoky Bear Campground in Cosby, TN. It's closer to Gatlinburg. The owners are on site and super nice. They have a welcome letter filled with ideas of free and not free things to do in the area. Also they try to do activities there at the campground to encourage fun and fellowship like line dancing, games etc. One time when we were there my youngest dd won a stuffed bear. She was able to put a wooden coin between her legs and drop into in a jug. Yep my girl's got talent! :rofl2:

It looks like during the time that you are there they will have their 6th annual apple harvest contest.

We have not stayed in the tent area before and it is primitive so that may factor into your choice. I will tell you though the bath house was super clean.

We have this campground on our list when we get back up that way.

I'm pretty sure Starbuc71 is staying there this week for the 4th of July. Hopefully he will write a trip report when he gets back.

http://smokybearcampground.com/

It has gotten great reviews on RV Park Reviews also.