Great job on the photos!

This little tidbit caught my eye:

I'd like to hear more about this -

Can you get the cheese soup to go all the time, or just during F & W?

I remember that there was a booth selling cheese soup at one of the recent F & W's, but it was back by the America pavilion, and on the day we went, the weather was cool, and they ran out. Are you saying you can go in to the restaurant and get it to go?

TCD

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/07/23/le-cellier-cheddar-cheese-soupto-go/

I just won stuff on ebay to make a collage around the spike. I will post pics when it is complete. It is not all railroad, but rather Fort related. I have personal pics of our family on the train platform and other goodies.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was because we hit Le Cellier during a bad time (Candlelight Processional Package in 2004), but we thought the service and the food was some of the worst we have ever had at Disney. I would rather have had Cheddar Cheese Soup out of a can than the nasty stuff we got :barf: .

We loved it before, and it was tasty this time. I am not sure if "tasty" is enough to get me back when there are other venues to try. Via Nappoli was excellent!

http://www.disneyfoo...eese-soupto-go/

I just won stuff on ebay to make a collage around the spike. I will post pics when it is complete. It is not all railroad, but rather Fort related. I have personal pics of our family on the train platform and other goodies.

Thanks for the link.

I wonder if this it the type of thing that will get discontinued if it becomes too popular?

I'll have to give it a try some time.

Please do post a photo of your completed spike project. I have a few spikes myself, and would love to make a display for one.

TCD

Ed we were at Le Cellier a few weeks ago and I found the Cheddar Cheese soup to be VERY sharp. The rest of our meal was excellent.

I can handle sharp cheese; I LOVE Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheese; this was just plain nasty. Service was lackluster at best - and worse than that the majority of the time. I made the reservations and stated we had a Birthday we were celebrating (Oldekoot's); I mentioned the Birthday when I checked in; I made sure the server knew ... I was given a card signed by the servers - along with the bill. The rest of the food isn't worth the time to describe - other than to say they could have saved time by dumping straight into the trash before cooking it.

NOT a Magical experience. It sounds like they have improved since our visit, but I doubt we will try it again - especially since they are now a "Signature" restaurant.

The main reason I wanted to Try Le Cellier was the cheese soup, sure wasn't the prices.

Now I can get a cup to go.....I am set!

THANKS for the info.

I :heart: my knowledgable fiend peeps! :banana: :parrot: :banana:

Hooray! Great TR Ally! I swear.. between you and Holly I am feeling the love! Believe me when I say the love is returned right back at ya! :heart: When another family moved into 910 I was not happy but was overjoyed when H said you'd arrived and were in 913. It was so wonderful getting to know you and your precious family. :) You forgot to mention our chatting until 1 a.m. This is probably the reason you couldn't speak English in the morning. :rofl2:

Hooray! Great TR Ally! I swear.. between you and Holly I am feeling the love! Believe me when I say the love is returned right back at ya! :heart: When another family moved into 910 I was not happy but was overjoyed when H said you'd arrived and were in 913. It was so wonderful getting to know you and your precious family. :) You forgot to mention our chatting until 1 a.m. This is probably the reason you couldn't speak English in the morning. :rofl2: