No pics to share because I don't know how to download!

We arrived on July 1st to a light rain and long lines. I checked in at the cabin checkin and they were efficient and got the lines moving. Found our site and I was pleased that we were not only in loop 900 but in 913 right across from KFK and family. Princess Nana was across as well but I did not see anybody there ever. We got in our spot set up and chilled for the rest of the night. Without a golf cart for the first night no looping. Also, nothing makes you want fried chicken from TE more than not being able to have it.

Saturday I think this is when I finally got to meet Kim and fam in person! (Actually, it may have been Friday night my brain is all Disney-ed up and I can't remember much as far as days go) REGARDLESS of the day this is one of the sweetest families you could ever imagine. Kim is just a bundle of southern sweetness and her groom is just as nice. They are celebrating an annivsary on this trip so join me in a "happy weddin' to you song" I also saw Lou but not Buddy and chatted a bit. Bob, Kathy and their grandkids. Anaole (I know I spelled wrong sorry) was on a golf cart looping with children in tow as well. We made it to Hollywood Studios (correction noted Lou) and DH and DD did TOT while I got them the fast passes for RRC. We then waited for RRC (non fast pass) for an hour. ADR was set for Sci fi. We were seated promptly and the cool ac was great. I made adr for here because DD loves old sci fi. I had no expectations for the food at all. I have to say I was really taken back at how tasty it was. I had the ruben and it was on marble rye that was grilled and crunchy not soggy. DD and DH had burgers that were still mooing just the way they like. They both gobbled those up. DD had a shake that I thought was gross, but she "managed" to drink it all. After lunch, we packed it up and went home to see the furbabies. kenny dropped of the golf cart and we were all set.

We went to the beach for fireworks and the audio was not on but they were still pretty. I looped a bit and said hi to Lorna and fiends in the 1700 loop. By the way what was the deal with the people leaving the brake lights on (the toyhaulers) in the 1700 loop? Is there a reason or is it just the cool thing to do? I also spoke to hillbillywhisper and wife. I loved the decorations on the golf cart. Really festive!

Sunday we hung out. Alan went to practice tennis so we drove there with his ball machine and all that jazz. I took my pool bag because I thought I would go to the pool. Not so much. So, I went and hit some balls with DH. We went and got ready for the GG. I made cole slaw and attempted dessert but we will not speak of that disaster. I also met TCD and got spiked! I am so excited about that because in addition to it being history of the Fort it is history for me. My grandparents used to take me to the fort as and infant right up until the day they died. I have photos on that railroad where those spikes are from. So, I am going to ask my dad to make a photo collage of those memories and stick it in a shadow box along with the spike. Thank you so much TCD that spike means so much more to me than you will ever know.

At the GG I got to meet new faces. Scotterminnie, 4brians, totaljoker and fam. Homebrew was there as well as, well everyone! DD met Dave's daughters and Brittney. They had fun and Dave and Becky are now DD's "cool" adopted parents. Thank you so much for letting her hang with you guys! She has talked nonstop about her camping friends. :banana: DH and I were really proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone. Since DD had new cool friends she had no interest in going to magic kingdom with us for fireworks. Alan and I got the last boat there and got on main street just as the fireworks started. AMAZING is all I can say. We were herded like good Disney boys ans girls to tommorrowland. We jumped on TTA to get away from the crowds. In an act of desperation we even went on carousal of progress. It met my requirements ac, no line no crowd. The fact that it was 20 min was a bonus. After that Alan was in desperate NEED of ice cream. We got over to frontierland and got caught up in the parade traffic. We beat it and when for a dole whip. We then made it to main street bakery for a cinnamon roll for DD. On the boat and home. DD had a great time with her friends. That there was the highlight of the trip for both DH and myself.

More to come.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad you posted because I was embarrased that I could not remember the FF names on your sign so I wasn't entirely sure who I rolled up on on our out of control golf cart. I think I startled everyone :)

I'm glad you had a great trip and can't wait for more!

No pics to share because I don't know how to download!

We arrived on July 1st to a light rain and long lines. I checked in at the cabin checkin and they were efficient and got the lines moving. Found our site and I was pleased that we were not only in loop 900 but in 913 right across from KFK and family. Princess Nana was across as well but I did not see anybody there ever. We got in our spot set up and chilled for the rest of the night. Without a golf cart for the first night no looping. Also, nothing makes you want fried chicken from TE more than not being able to have it.

Saturday I think this is when I finally got to meet Kim and fam in person! (Actually, it may have been Friday night my brain is all Disney-ed up and I can't remember much as far as days go) REGARDLESS of the day this is one of the sweetest families you could ever imagine. Kim is just a bundle of southern sweetness and her groom is just as nice. They are celebrating an annivsary on this trip so join me in a "happy weddin' to you song" I also saw Lou but not Buddy and chatted a bit. Bob, Kathy and their grandkids. Anaole (I know I spelled wrong sorry) was on a golf cart looping with children in tow as well. We made it to Hollywood Studios (correction noted Lou) and DH and DD did TOT while I got them the fast passes for RRC. We then waited for RRC (non fast pass) for an hour. ADR was set for Sci fi. We were seated promptly and the cool ac was great. I made adr for here because DD loves old sci fi. I had no expectations for the food at all. I have to say I was really taken back at how tasty it was. I had the ruben and it was on marble rye that was grilled and crunchy not soggy. DD and DH had burgers that were still mooing just the way they like. They both gobbled those up. DD had a shake that I thought was gross, but she "managed" to drink it all. After lunch, we packed it up and went home to see the furbabies. kenny dropped of the golf cart and we were all set.

We went to the beach for fireworks and the audio was not on but they were still pretty. I looped a bit and said hi to Lorna and fiends in the 1700 loop. By the way what was the deal with the people leaving the brake lights on (the toyhaulers) in the 1700 loop? Is there a reason or is it just the cool thing to do? I also spoke to hillbillywhisper and wife. I loved the decorations on the golf cart. Really festive!

Sunday we hung out. Alan went to practice tennis so we drove there with his ball machine and all that jazz. I took my pool bag because I thought I would go to the pool. Not so much. So, I went and hit some balls with DH. We went and got ready for the GG. I made cole slaw and attempted dessert but we will not speak of that disaster. I also met TCD and got spiked! I am so excited about that because in addition to it being history of the Fort it is history for me. My grandparents used to take me to the fort as and infant right up until the day they died. I have photos on that railroad where those spikes are from. So, I am going to ask my dad to make a photo collage of those memories and stick it in a shadow box along with the spike. Thank you so much TCD that spike means so much more to me than you will ever know.

At the GG I got to meet new faces. Scotterminnie, 4brians, totaljoker and fam. Homebrew was there as well as, well everyone! DD met Dave's daughters and Brittney. They had fun and Dave and Becky are now DD's "cool" adopted parents. Thank you so much for letting her hang with you guys! She has talked nonstop about her camping friends. :banana: DH and I were really proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone. Since DD had new cool friends she had no interest in going to magic kingdom with us for fireworks. Alan and I got the last boat there and got on main street just as the fireworks started. AMAZING is all I can say. We were herded like good Disney boys ans girls to tommorrowland. We jumped on TTA to get away from the crowds. In an act of desperation we even went on carousal of progress. It met my requirements ac, no line no crowd. The fact that it was 20 min was a bonus. After that Alan was in desperate NEED of ice cream. We got over to frontierland and got caught up in the parade traffic. We beat it and when for a dole whip. We then made it to main street bakery for a cinnamon roll for DD. On the boat and home. DD had a great time with her friends. That there was the highlight of the trip for both DH and myself.

More to come.....

Great spending time with you, I am so glad DD has met some camping friends. I also asked about the lights on the campers, don't understand it, but maybe someone here knows why the tail lights would be on. There were a few campers with them on.

I also asked about the lights on the campers, don't understand it, but maybe someone here knows why the tail lights would be on. There were a few campers with them on.

Not sure why the ones you saw were on, but know quite a few folks who either jumped the wires or bought the plug-in box from camper's world so they could leave the running lights on and even make them flash.

Around here, it's mostly for the tacky party effect but also helps children & others find the TT on the way back from the comfort station or wherever. From what I know, it's more of a community thing like our mingos.

It also provides a muted light source without turning on the scare lights or leaving patio lights on all night to annoy others. I hear it can look really cool if an entire group lights at the same time but have never seen more than a few motel 6ers camped close together in one place before.

I seem to remember more than one thread that stirred up hard feelings and controversy between the motel 6 campers (we'll leave the light on for ya) and those who want the only lights in CGs to be the stars.

While we haven't done it yet DH just added accent lights underneath his golf cart so I can sort of see the day he leaves the running lights on too...

Adding to where I left off...

The next morning was the 4th of July! I made blackout curtains for the camper, I also have the skylight covered and every possible light source is covered. Basically it could be 10am and it would seem like the dead of night. So we woke up to the GC parade. Shucks, I missed another one. In 2 4ths, 2 christmases, 2 Halloweens we have never made it to the parade on time. Oh well, I had important work to do, coffee! We hung out tried to get a spot at the pool (yeah right) and went to hit on the courts. Gabriella met up with her new friends and surrogate parents, Dave and Becky. Becky, (Devores bride) is apparently the coolest mom ever. I know this because Gabriella has told me about 100 times. You know Gabriella some kid out there might think I am the cool one. Or maybe not. I have not seen a single Pirate, Twilight or Harry Potter movie so I am pretty low on the cool-o-meter. Back to the matter at hand. We had ressies for Le Cellier for dinner. I also had a matter to discuss at Mouse ears. Gabriella decides that she does not want to go to the dinner or EPCOT. "I just want you and Daddy to go and have a nice adult time" The translation for that teenager talk to adult talk is "I don't want to get out of my comfy dark room, jammies and shower. I would rather listen to my ipod and stink" but in a way to make ME feel like SHE is doing us a favor. So, we left. we got to Mouse ears with my defective Dooney and I asked them what they could do for me. Nothing since it has been over 90 days. You can't change your mind after. I explained that I am not changing my mind, I want the same thing, but not one that is yellowing and therefore defective. No can do. But, the manager gave me the registration card from a new purse. I said I can't take this because it belongs to that purse. She said it didn't matter. Well, it does and I am not taking it. We left in defeat and went to do a little world showcasing. Oh, germany! A beer cart! 100 degrees out and temper a bit off because of the whole handbag incident. Why yes, I would love a beer! So the guy in front of me gets id checked. Being prepared patty I go to get mine and I don't have it. I get Alan as back up and I don't get carded :argh: It totally must be random cause I can't look over 29 because I have so many years pratice of being 29 :rofl2: Beer in hand we continue to walk and come up on the Heart tirbute band. Now last month we went to the Eagles cover band and even though I had no idea what they sang I liked it and Alan did as well. So we sat down to listen. Humm, lots of open seats. We just as quickly left. Again the Eagles were great and I will leave it at that. We headed over to Mo'Rockin. Now, there is something I can get into! It was great! In fact, I would time my trip next time just to hear them. they were tight. After that we headed to Canada to get our steak on! We were promptly seated and we ate. The soup was in Alan's own words "Brilliant" I am still having a hard time digesting that he used that phrase, but I guess that darn soup just spoke to him. He loved his steak as well. he got the ribeye. I ordered the New York strip told them to feel free to butterfly it what ever you do you can't overcook it. It comes back and we tell him no juices, hockey puck you get the idea. It came back better and I gave the potaotes to Alan and ate half. Steakhouses are such a waste on me. Just give me bread, and cake and I am good to go. With full bellies we staked out a spot for fireworks and waited an hour and a half. During that I had to use the ladies room. 26 deep in a 2 stall. So, the men's line is going faster and a lady behind me asks the men if they minded if she just used the mens room. 1 stall 1 urinal. I guess no one minded because that is just what she did! The fire works were spectacular. I thought MK was great, and it was, but this was just pyros on parade! Wow, if you ever have the chance do it! Exiting was a breeze and we got back, packed up and went to bed.

The next morning the dogs wanted to go out before I had my coffee. I saw Kim and I think I tried to say hi but I am not sure if any of what I said was even english. I got coffee in the veins and proceeded to get the "present" from the windshield and hide it. The present of course is the bill. Oh sure, just slap me when I am depressed about leaving with a visual reminder that I am leaving. :'( Packed up and ready to go we said our good byes to KFK, H, little H and Gabe. Very sad to go but what a great trip! Probably one of the best yet!

I can't look over 29 because I have so many years pratice of being 29 :rofl2:

I ordered the New York strip told them to feel free to butterfly it what ever you do you can't overcook it. It comes back and we tell him no juices, hockey puck you get the idea. It came back better and I gave the potaotes to Alan and ate half. Steakhouses are such a waste on me. Just give me bread, and cake and I am good to go.

Yes, this proves it...we truly are twins separated at birth! I also don't look a day over 29! :rofl2: And your description of steak is just the way I like it. One of my son-in-laws likes his still mooing. He totally doesn't understand my love of over-cooked, dried up steak! And bread and cake are always good...no matter how they are cooked!

Not sure what kind of phone you have, but I have mine set up to 'share' my photos to Facebook is I select. Once on Facebook, you go to the Mobile Uploads photo album. Click on a photo in that album you wish to place here. Probably it will come up with a black frame - if so, click F5 to remove the frame. You then 'right click' on the photo and select copy image location from the popup options. You can then use the 'insert image' option here - just copy the image location into the popup box here and click the button. You're off!