DSC01439.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

After crusing around the world, we take the boat to DHS. Rode ST (still missing Hoth scene) and TSM before heading to Fantasmic.

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

DSC01510.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

7 Jul 2011

We get up to go find a new lock for the camper. ThBob suggested a store not far from the Fort, Camping Connection. If anyone else doesnt know, Camping World near the Fort NEVER has anything in stock. And this lock, a common item, was no exception. So we trek out to find this store. Sure enough, it was right where he said it would be. And the staff was extremly nice and helpful. BUT, who knew there are over 200 different versions of a door lock for a camper? And I did not know what kind I needed. After trying to look it up on the net and showing me about 20 different kinds, we decide to go back and find out exactly which one we need. Better safe than sorry.

So back to the Fort, where I start packing up to make the long journey home. Half way through hitching up, the skies open up again and delay my hitching. Once again, I give into boredom and just finish in the rain. We leave around 1600 and are home set up again by 1730.

And another fort vacation is in the books.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading of our adventure and thank you for following along.......

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you at Disney-owned restaurants every meal??

Some of the restaurants that are not owned by Disney have chosen not to participate in TiW

Also, counter service in most places does not accept it either.

The All-Stars, Pop Century, POFQ, and Animal Kingdom are the only CS that accepts TiW.

SCI-FI. Not a big deal because it was the holiday 2nd, not 4th. I think he forgot to use it honestly and I didn't push it because we had to go and get the dogs. Next time I will push it because it is not like it is a free card. I also thought trails end would take it, and they will but not for carry out.

Dave-

Wow!

Outstanding!

Great photos!

And witty commentary!

Great job all the way around!

You went so danged fast on this report, I didn't get a chance to comment, so you will get all of my comments now:

1. Too bad about your getting drenched in the rain coming and going. As you know, the TCD gang arrived on the 2nd and left on the 5th. Amazingly, we did not have a drop of rain for our whole trip.

2. Great job on getting pic's of the U-Haul and vintage campers. I missed both of those.

3. I also missed Flag Guy. Dang-it!

4. I haven't posted my 4th of July trip report yet, but I have to rethink things, as you have already beat me to the punch with photos of the orange cones blocking off all the fun things, and some of the security things, and even the yellow rope crossing over the 600 loop bridge! Luckily, I have a few unique photos. But, you really did a great job capturing interesting sights.

5. Great fireworks photos. We were on opposite schedules- we went to the Poly on the 3rd, and stayed at the Fort for the 4th. So my fireworks photos, while similar, are going to be different.

6. Great golf cart parade photos! Don't you have any more?

7. I think I may have been at the pool during the incident you photographed on the 4th. I'll have to check my photos. I got the straight poop on this from Ranger Sean. I'll report what I heard in my report.

8. While I am full of compliments for you, I do have one critique. You really should have had someone get a photo of you crawling through the skylight. That would be epic.

9. Genius idea to use the ferry to go to the MK after the Poly fireworks. I think we talked about this, and I told you about or monorail adventure to the Contemporary. As I will explain in my TR, our experience was not as pleasant as yours.

10. Boo on your dud server at Whispering Canyon. I think we had the same server on our last visit. Which has been about 2 years ago. This place is supposed to be fun, and the servers are integral to that. If you get a dud, and you see everyone else having fun, it puts a damper on the whole thing. That's why we haven't been back in 2 years, and maybe never will.

Last comment:

Quite possibly my all time favorite view at the Fort! I love the view from the bridge.

Great report, I am really enjoying your photos!

:popcorn:

I agree!

And, your photos from the 600 loop bridge are outstanding.

I guess that's enough.

When will y'all be back at the Fort?

TCD

I love the pics from Fantasmic! Was it the full version or a shortened version? I wonder if they have actually cut back on the performance or if it was just a quirk when we were there.

I enjoyed your report and appreciate you taking the time to post!

I believe it was the full version.?.? Its the same one we have always seen, so I wouldnt know the difference either way.

Thank you for reading

I hate you. <_<

Sorry, Florida is a welcoming state though and there is plenty of room for everyone.

It's over :unsure: :'(

Sadley so, but we are planning another trip soon.

Great report! Thank you for taking the time.

Thanks for reading

Can you believe I've never, ever seen Fantasmic? These are the first pix I've even seen of it! So...thanks! :))

And thanks for the TR -- loved it.

Im glad my pics helped someone. You really must see the show live to appreciate it though.

Dave-

Wow!

Outstanding!

Great photos!

And witty commentary!

Great job all the way around!

You went so danged fast on this report, I didn't get a chance to comment, so you will get all of my comments now:

1. Too bad about your getting drenched in the rain coming and going. As you know, the TCD gang arrived on the 2nd and left on the 5th. Amazingly, we did not have a drop of rain for our whole trip.

2. Great job on getting pic's of the U-Haul and vintage campers. I missed both of those.

3. I also missed Flag Guy. Dang-it!

4. I haven't posted my 4th of July trip report yet, but I have to rethink things, as you have already beat me to the punch with photos of the orange cones blocking off all the fun things, and some of the security things, and even the yellow rope crossing over the 600 loop bridge! Luckily, I have a few unique photos. But, you really did a great job capturing interesting sights.

5. Great fireworks photos. We were on opposite schedules- we went to the Poly on the 3rd, and stayed at the Fort for the 4th. So my fireworks photos, while similar, are going to be different.

6. Great golf cart parade photos! Don't you have any more?

7. I think I may have been at the pool during the incident you photographed on the 4th. I'll have to check my photos. I got the straight poop on this from Ranger Sean. I'll report what I heard in my report.

8. While I am full of compliments for you, I do have one critique. You really should have had someone get a photo of you crawling through the skylight. That would be epic.

9. Genius idea to use the ferry to go to the MK after the Poly fireworks. I think we talked about this, and I told you about or monorail adventure to the Contemporary. As I will explain in my TR, our experience was not as pleasant as yours.

10. Boo on your dud server at Whispering Canyon. I think we had the same server on our last visit. Which has been about 2 years ago. This place is supposed to be fun, and the servers are integral to that. If you get a dud, and you see everyone else having fun, it puts a damper on the whole thing. That's why we haven't been back in 2 years, and maybe never will.

Last comment:

I agree!

And, your photos from the 600 loop bridge are outstanding.

I guess that's enough.

When will y'all be back at the Fort?

TCD

1. It is Florida, if you wait 30 mins, it ussualy is over. Just my luck this was one of the freak rains that wouldnt quit.

2. I almost missed the orange vintage one, the morning I took the photo, they were packing up to leave.

3. I thought for sure you, of all people, would have a photo of him (other than me)....

4. I figured you would still have new stuff to report on. Seems between the two of us, we covered everything there. Once I get going on a TR, I get carried away and before I know it, its done. Sorry to have taken some of your material. Maybe next time we are there together, we can do a combine TR.

5. I enjoyed the Poly beach better, but in a crunch, the Fort beach wasnt bad. I look forward to seeing your photos too.

6. HMMM, I actualy left some pics of the parade out. I didnt want to overwhelm the readers. They were nothing spectacular, so felt they wouldnt be missed.

7. Cant wait to hear the whole story.

8. I thought of that, AFTER I was done. And there was no staging another entry as I barely got through the first time. Just at the time, I realy wasnt thinking of picture taking, more of getting into my own home.

9. It was actualy our conversation that made m think of that. I remember you saying how long the lines were, so thank you.

10. I agree, I really like the food there and this just ruined the whole experience.

No definet plans yet, but the next holiday weekend may just find us at the Fort.

Awesome TR, thanks for taking the time to put it together, I know it takes commitment! :blink:

Thanks for reading along.....

I thought I took of pic of Lou's backside but was wrong. I bet Kampfire Kim has one though. We want to start a new game of "name the person this behind belongs to". LOL

Loving TR Dave, couldn't you find a pic of me with my mouth closed?

I just may have one... time will tell. I think I have around 12GB of memory cards to go through. :rofl2:

Sorry, but I think any official Fort Fiend pood forn would have to include BACON :rofl2:

Don't give up hope... I do believe I may come through on this one. :)

DAVE.... GREAT REPORT AND GREAT PICS!!! With a camera like that I had high expectations and you didn't disappoint. Looking forward to more! :dance: