TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

Spoiler alert!

This post is all golf cart parade photos!

Please bear with me. You need to see all of these entries so you can understand the magnitude of the voting scandal.

The carts kept on coming. I think the decorations on all of these were excellent:

100_1305.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1308.jpg

These folks with the big ears on their roof look like they put a lot of effort into their creation:

100_1309.jpg

You can see in this photo that even after all the carts we have already seen, the end of the parade is no where near:

100_1310.jpg

Apparently, it is OK for dogs to be in the parade:

100_1311.jpg

I like what these folks choose for their theme:

100_1312.jpg

This next cart confused me. They decorated it to make it look like they liked to party, but no one looks very happy on the cart. Maybe they just had a fight?:

100_1313.jpg

Here is some more candy tossing:

100_1314.jpg

This cart has a lot of decorations:

100_1315.jpg

The folks on this cart tried to disguise themselves with those funny glasses, but we all know that that is fellow Fiend Hillbilly Whisperer and his crew:

100_1316.jpg

Nice job there, Steve!

Here's another cart with a beach/surf theme. I thought these folks did a great job, too:

100_1317.jpg

You might think that the parade must be near the end here. But it isn't. You can see the carts lined up all the way down Fort Wilderness Trail in this photo:

100_1318.jpg

These folks had an on-board bubble machine:

100_1319.jpg

I don't think these folks could have possibly put any more balloons on their cart:

100_1320.jpg

These folks went with a military them. Check out the sniper on the roof!:

100_1322.jpg

100_1323.jpg

Now, here's a great cart. These folks went with an Enchanted Tiki Room theme, and had music playing as well!:

100_1324.jpg

100_1325.jpg

I'm not sure what is going on here. There are a bunch of Disney Beanie Babies hanging from this cart's roof, and a bit of red, white and blue for good measure:

100_1326.jpg

These folks used flags to decorate their cart:

100_1327.jpg

Now the end of the parade must be near, right?

Wrong!:

100_1328.jpg

After this, there started to be gaps in the parade:

100_1329.jpg

100_1331.jpg

These folks have two long flag poles on their cart:

100_1332.jpg

If you look in the right background of the photo above, you will see a castmember on a Segway. That's Ranger Sean. He rode up here on his Segway to tell everyone to hurry up.

The problem with this is the next carts coming up belonged to Lornaduck and Auburn Jen. My photos of their carts are blurry.

Thanks a lot Ranger Sean.

But, you can see Lorna's husband, Richie in two carts back in the last photo above.

Here's a zoom on that photo in case you can't see him:

Lorna.jpg

I don't have a good picture of AuburnJen's cart coming, but I do have one of it going:

100_1334.jpg

Check it out!

That's Mayor Stacktester there on the back of Jen's cart!

The carts continued to roll on by.

But, at a faster pace. You can see the Ranger Sean making himself helpful in the far back of this photo:

100_1335.jpg

Well, there you go.

That's another 30 golf cart parade photos.

That has to be all, right?

No.

But, we will finish up in the next post.

And, then we can talk about who won the prizes.

TCD

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

Great pictures. Who won? Inquiring minds want to know. Now get posting I'm waiting for the scandal and wasn't there a celebrity sighting.

I will reveal the winners after I get all of the entrant's photos posted.

And, I already posted a photo of the celebrity. I did not identify him in the photo. But, I will. I wanted to see if anyone noticed him first.

Hint, he is driving one of the carts.

Second hint, he is not a Fiend.

TCD

Great golf cart photos, though I may have been with oldest DD and stayed in bed. :))

I'm not a big fan of bagpipers (though I'm not sure why?) the sound makes me sad! Who wants to be sad at the Fourth of July?

It's also not an instrument that I can get my groove on to!

sFun_dancing.gif

Great golf cart photos, though I may have been with oldest DD and stayed in bed. :))

I'm not a big fan of bagpipers (though I'm not sure why?) the sound makes me sad! Who wants to be sad at the Fourth of July?

It's also not an instrument that I can get my groove on to!

sFun_dancing.gif

I hear you.

I like the Halloween golf cart parade much more that the 4th of July parade.

I also agree with the bagpipe music. It isn't exactly peppy.

bummer.... :suspense:

OK- I changed my mind.

I reviewed the photos I posted, and I really don't think anyone will guess who the celebrity is until I post another photo of him and give some more information.

So, go ahead and guess if you want.

But, I'm not giving out any more clues.

TCD

Yes, this is another update.

And, it has more golf cart parade photos.

But these are the last.

I made this part of the TR quick.

Like ripping off a band-aid.

Here are more carts:

100_1336.jpg

100_1337.jpg

100_1338.jpg

Notice how Ranger Sean was able to get everyone all bunched up here at the end.

Thanks Ranger Sean!

What would we do without you?

These folks were nice and friendly. And I like their cart. It looks like they have a permanent set of Mickey ears mounted there on the back:

100_1339.jpg

Here's a few more carts:

100_1340.jpg

100_1341.jpg

This dune buggy jumped in to the parade somehow. I thought this meant the parade was over:

100_1342.jpg

But there were more entries after the dune buggy:

100_1343.jpg

Here's another non-golf cart entry:

100_1344.jpg

100_1345.jpg

These folks were staying on the 1700 loop. I saw them coming back from Wilderness Lodge on this thing. I guess that was OK since it's not a golf cart.

Finally, the end of the parade arrived.

Although it was hard to tell, as there was nothing to signify the end.

This might have been a good place for Ranger Sean to ride his Segway.

Then folks would know that the parade was over.

But, it appears that there must be a clause in the Ranger's contracts which prohibit them from doing anything useful.

Here's the last of the carts:

100_1346.jpg

100_1347.jpg

They were going to announce the winners at Pioneer Hall.

So, we headed down Fort Wilderness Trail in that direction.

The traffic came to a grinding halt at the 900 loop.

So we did a U-turn, and went all the way around to the Settlement via Big Pine Drive.

As we approached the three way stop, the carts from the parade had all still not passed, and traffic was backed up.

So, we headed around the 100 loop. Those stupid cones were gone. Castmembers were directing the parade participants to drive down toward River Country and park behind Pioneer Hall. This was taking forever. Dumb.

Only one DD wanted to stay with me for the announcements. The other one took the cart with the understanding that we would call her to pick us up.

We milled around in the crowd:

100_1348.jpg

The bagpiper was there. I like how this girl in the raccoon hat is staring at him with a confused look on her face:

100_1351.jpg

If I felt like it, I would add a thought bubble there above the girl saying: "WTF?" (that's What The Fort?).

Oh yeah, I forgot to say props to the girl for wearing a raccoon hat on the 4th of July.

Only at the Fort!

After an unnecessary delay, the MC finally graced the crowd with his presence.

Who is this guy?

At most functions I attend, someone introduces the MC, or the MC introduces himself, and says something like we are happy that you're here, or something like that.

Not this guy.

Who the heck is he?

He did this last year, too.

Would it be too much to ask to tell the crowd who the MC is?

He just came out and started talking. He introduced Goofy. Thanks, I didn't know who that big dog wearing a Revolutionary War uniform was:

100_1352.jpg

The unknown MC then went ahead and began to announce the winners:

100_1353.jpg

The first category was best Disney theme.

He announced the winners by their entry number.

When several people in the crowd asked which golf cart won, he repeated that this was the award for the best Disney theme, and he announced the winner again just by cart number.

Unfortunately, most people in the crowd didn't memorize the cart numbers.

So, the identity of each winner was passed through the crowd by word of mouth.

The ding-dong with the microphone couldn't tell us.

To which I say; What the Fort?

Anyhow, I think that I was able to keep track of the winners.

So, now let's hear your guesses as to what carts won.

These are the categories:

Best Disney Theme.

Most Patriotic.

Best Family Cart.

And then there was overall First, Second or Third place.

Even though bikes were allowed to enter, there were no prizes awarded for bicyclists.

To which I say: What's up with that?

OK- go ahead and make your guesses if you want.

I'll let you know the winners in my next update.

TCD

celebrity sighting guest

ranger sean wouldnt be sean astin..would it? samwise from lord of the rings?

I said I wasn't going to give you any more clues, but I have to say that Ranger Sean is not the celebrity.

But, he does play a pivitol role in the voting conspiracy.

175 is the beefed up golf cart with the permanently attached mickey's ears.

the other were just randomly picked golf cart numbers. Due to the alleged voting conspiracy i thought maybe real contenders would be ignored. So i picked random numbers of random carts....

OK- none of your guesses is right. Only one of the carts you picked won an award, but not in the category you guessed.

Do we have any more guesses?

Also, if anyone knows who the MC is, please let me know.

Thanks.

TCD

I said I wasn't going to give you any more clues, but I have to say that Ranger Sean is not the celebrity.

But, he does play a pivitol role in the voting conspiracy.

OK- none of your guesses is right. Only one of the carts you picked won an award, but not in the category you guessed.

Do we have any more guesses?

Also, if anyone knows who the MC is, please let me know.

Thanks.

TCD

Well even if I didn't get the category right I did pick one winner and discovered that Ranger Sean is part of the conspiracy. So I've helped other eliminate some contender....