TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

I finally am caught up...and it's over! Spent my evening reading about 16 pages from where I left off a while back. Great report...this one was downright epic! Can't believe you tried to burn down the movie screen. And you didn't even blame that one on Yuri.

Oh, and Ranger Sean looks suspicious to me. I swear I saw him once on TV at the UN hanging with this guy.

ahmadinejad1.jpg

My theories on the secretive Fort nuclear program don't seem so crazy now, huh? The blue tanks are making more sense all the time. Some day you will call me downright prescient.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

I finally am caught up...and it's over! Spent my evening reading about 16 pages from where I left off a while back. Great report...this one was downright epic! Can't believe you tried to burn down the movie screen. And you didn't even blame that one on Yuri.

Oh, and Ranger Sean looks suspicious to me. I swear I saw him once on TV at the UN hanging with this guy.

My theories on the secretive Fort nuclear program don't seem so crazy now, huh? The blue tanks are making more sense all the time. Some day you will call me downright prescient.

Wow, Dave, you are downright prescient! ( I figured that I would go ahead and get that out of the way in case I forget to tell you some day). (plus I have never said that to anyone before, so I thought I would give it a try) ( and I am not 100% sure how to pronounce prescient so I thought I would just "say" it in a post so I wouldn't have to bother to find out). (I'm glad that's out of the way).

And, if the screen had actually caught fire, then the story may have been told a bit differently.

I have always thought that you might be on to something with your nuclear program theory. Now that you mention it, I wonder if Yuri may have something to do with it?

Thanks for checking in. Your counter for your next visit to the Fort is moving along nicely.

TCD

See, that's the thing about a TCD trip report.. you cant skip around and skim the pages, you HAVE to read it in it's entirity or something like this jumps out at you and makes you spit on your screen... :dropjaw:

I have made "making you spit on the screen", one of my goals. It's a sun-happy-day.gif when I make you spit! :rofl2:

have_a_happy_day-3780.gif

I actually saw my first Keith stone beer commercial. I was watching drag racing on ESPN in the middle of the night. I think that might explain why I have never seen one before :rofl2:

I was surprised when so many of you ladies said you had never heard of Keith Stone.

I guess they must just play his commercials during shows that typically attract mouth-breathing, knuckle dragging men.

Since I have seen many of Keith's commercials, I guess that tells you something about my TV watching habits.

But, even I haven't watched drag racing in the middle of the night.

TCD

We broke some 'rules' during our last trip. We went to the cabin pool before dusk and waited it out. Wouldn't you know it, no one ever came to shoo us out. We stayed till ~9:15 and there were probably 10 other people when we left. The pool area and pool itself was well-lit. The fancy tile work shines in the moonlight!

You'll have to wait for February, March, and June to finish before I start on the July rebellion :popo:

Last year we had a possessed duck photobomb some of our photos.

He was back this year.

With a friend:

IMG_9010.jpg

First of all, I suppose I'm rather late commenting on your TR. Just joined FF's last week, and I'm in the process of catching up w/ what's what. Fantastic TR as always, TCD!

I LOL when I read this portion b/c I'm the one that coined the phrase "possessed duck" during you TR from 2010.

Btw, glad to see updated photos of your Rocky! He's still beautiful as ever. Our Rocky Boxer is doing wonderful and mischievous as ever!!!

Better Late than never!!! WOW That took a Looooong time to catch up but i read, watched, and laughed at it all!!

Thanks, Lug. I'm glad that you enjoyed this report.

Hope all is well with you.

First of all, I suppose I'm rather late commenting on your TR. Just joined FF's last week, and I'm in the process of catching up w/ what's what. Fantastic TR as always, TCD!

I LOL when I read this portion b/c I'm the one that coined the phrase "possessed duck" during you TR from 2010.

Btw, glad to see updated photos of your Rocky! He's still beautiful as ever. Our Rocky Boxer is doing wonderful and mischievous as ever!!!

Thanks for commenting!

And, welcome!

Glad to hear that your Rocky is doing well.

And, here's your possessed duck for old times' sake:

July4th2010229.jpg

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad I have found out about this forum and joined you.

So much to read, I've just started with TRs. So this one is my first! Holy cow! What a great way to start! I have a lot to look forward to reading.

It's taken me four or five sittings just to get thru all of this one. I might have to retire just to have time to read all that is already on FF.

Loved all the chitchat, hi-jack attempts and snarky comments.

Great photos TCD and reporting, thanks.

I am so glad I have found out about this forum and joined you.

So much to read, I've just started with TRs. So this one is my first! Holy cow! What a great way to start! I have a lot to look forward to reading.

It's taken me four or five sittings just to get thru all of this one. I might have to retire just to have time to read all that is already on FF.

Loved all the chitchat, hi-jack attempts and snarky comments.

Great photos TCD and reporting, thanks.

Welcome! If you like TCD trip reports, there's a few more around here for you to enjoy.

And if you love chitchat, hi-jack attempts and snarky comments, take a look at Kampfire Kim's trip report, which has all of the above.

So, what's with your user name? Are you a Georgia fan?

If so, please accept my deepest condolences.

TCD

Nope the' fladogfan' is because I'm a dog groomer who also follows sled dog racing. Yeahyeah sled dogs in Florida??? I'm a member of a sled dog forum, I guess that's why I didn't lurk around here too long before hopping in the fun. Already know how much a person can come to care about friends and fiends over the internet.

As to football, I'm a Washington Redskins fan. Grew up in Arlington, VA.

Nope the' fladogfan' is because I'm a dog groomer who also follows sled dog racing. Yeahyeah sled dogs in Florida??? I'm a member of a sled dog forum, I guess that's why I didn't lurk around here too long before hopping in the fun. Already know how much a person can come to care about friends and fiends over the internet.

As to football, I'm a Washington Redskins fan. Grew up in Arlington, VA.

Sled Dog Racing?

In Florida?

Sounds kind of odd.

You will fit in fine around here!

Welcome again!

Sorry about the Redskins thing. Y'all have Rex Grossman as your QB this year, right? He isn't one of my favorite former Gator QB's. And then there's the Steve Spurrier thing. Your team must have some kind of Gator voodoo curse on it. But you never know. Maybe this will be your year!

TCD