TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

Wow, look how your girls have grown. This gave me a sad moment.. I know it's going to happen to my kids, even though i'm in denial, I'm pretty sure they are gonna grow up. I think it's amazing that you have brought your kids up to love Disney, I have always loved Disney, but only the last few years been able to afford to opportunity to go there. I had been to DL a few times but last year was MY first time at WDW, let's just say the kids had a hard time keeping up with me :rofl2: I'm so excited about this years trip I get up in the middle of the night to write things down in my planning notebook. It's growing on my older kids but the little ones I'm raising up right! They are all about some Disney :)

As far as the food thing goes. Now I consider myself the queen of cheap, but I'd honestly be embarrased to bring in chicken sandwiches and fix them up with Dinsey's condiments. I'm not judging anyone, I'm just saying I would be to shy to do so. :unsure:

anywho, great TR, keep it coming please. :popcorn: I dont get to respond as much as I'd like, but I'm watching.. always watching :lol:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

What a great picture of Dad & his girls! :heart:

It's tough when you see old pictures like that and realize how time just keeps ticking away. How sweet that you were able to recreate that shot though. The girls still want to hang out with you!

Now I'm feeling all sappy (remember, mine just turned 21!) AND this is the THIRD installment already today. I need a nap! ;)

OK, your post started to make me feel a little sappy, too.

And then Judy had to post this:

Wow, look how your girls have grown. This gave me a sad moment.. I know it's going to happen to my kids, even though i'm in denial, I'm pretty sure they are gonna grow up. I think it's amazing that you have brought your kids up to love Disney, I have always loved Disney, but only the last few years been able to afford to opportunity to go there. I had been to DL a few times but last year was MY first time at WDW, let's just say the kids had a hard time keeping up with me :rofl2: I'm so excited about this years trip I get up in the middle of the night to write things down in my planning notebook. It's growing on my older kids but the little ones I'm raising up right! They are all about some Disney :)

As far as the food thing goes. Now I consider myself the queen of cheap, but I'd honestly be embarrased to bring in chicken sandwiches and fix them up with Dinsey's condiments. I'm not judging anyone, I'm just saying I would be to shy to do so. :unsure:

anywho, great TR, keep it coming please. :popcorn: I dont get to respond as much as I'd like, but I'm watching.. always watching :lol:

Yes, our children grow up. There's nothing that we can do to stop it. It's our job to raise them, and get them ready to leave the nest. And they will. Whether we like it or not. All I can say is enjoy every moment that they're with you, because there's going to come a day when they pack up and go.

We've already gone through that with our oldest DD, who left for college two years ago.

The thing is, we must have done something right along the lines, because even though she is now living several hours away, we still have a relationship with her, and we talk to her all the time. The relationship has moved to a different level. Sometimes I am surprised when we have conversations like two adults.

There is no question that as the years pass, time speeds up. My twins just turned 16. In two years, they will be heading off to college. I can't stop that either. So, we will enjoy the time between now and then.

But, they're always going to be my daughters.

And, hopefully, one way or another, our adventures at the Fort will continue.

TCD

OK, your post started to make me feel a little sappy, too.

And then Judy had to post this:

Yes, our children grow up. There's nothing that we can do to stop it. It's our job to raise them, and get them ready to leave the nest. And they will. Whether we like it or not. All I can say is enjoy every moment that they're with you, because there's going to come a day when they pack up and go.

We've already gone through that with our oldest DD, who left for college two years ago.

The thing is, we must have done something right along the lines, because even though she is now living several hours away, we still have a relationship with her, and we talk to her all the time. The relationship has moved to a different level. Sometimes I am surprised when we have conversations like two adults.

There is no question that as the years pass, time speeds up. My twins just turned 16. In two years, they will be heading off to college. I can't stop that either. So, we will enjoy the time between now and then.

But, they're always going to be my daughters.

And, hopefully, one way or another, our adventures at the Fort will continue.

TCD

This is the day for sappy, I got all emotional wathcing my oldest this morning march into the middle school, he is going into 7th grade this year and playing football. Real football, not the parks version. He is bigger than most men I know but I still see the little curley headed toddler walking away, I do not know how I'm going to handle seeing my baby getting pounced on. Ya know what they say, misery loves company, when I saw the pic of your girls it just sent me over the edge to sappy ville, the pity party starts here today! Somebody hug me quick, I'm a mess :rofl2:

ok, I'm better, proceed with the TR please, the chance of me being productive at work today are pretty much in the toilet, might as well get caught up on my reading :popcorn:

In my haste to get that first set of photos posted, I forgot to mention something important.

That first afternoon and evening, I saw a bunch of Fiends.

A bunch.

Some I have met before.

Others, I was meeting for the first time.

Let's see if I can give a shout out to everyone I saw on Saturday: Lornaduck and her DH, Richie (he goes by a more colorful name on here); Auburn Jen and Chris, MagicBus, Stacktester, TnBob and Mrs. TnBob, Total Joker, MandM,etc. (Melissa), Hillybilly Whisperer, Devores, Keylime359, Princess Nana, TiggerinBama, and OKGirlie.

Most of them have been around for a while. OKGirlie is a newbie. She had done her homework, She and her family were there on the 1500 loop. I think they had a Kenny Cart. They were doing it up right. They were really appreciative of all the information they learned here.

As many of you know, I found a few FWRR spikes earlier this year. I had a good time passing those out to the Fiends. I tried to make sure everyone got one, but I know that I missed a few folks. Sorry if I missed you. But, I tried.

I am just now reading your report. Yes, I had a year of reading before we left to know what was going on. I am so thankful to this board and even the "other" board for all its help. You all definitely made our trip the best it could possibly be. And yes, we had a Kenny cart. He was awesome. Thank you for including me in your spike giveaway. I didn't notice it until the next morning and it made me smile. The fort is definitely a special place. I want to go back already.

This is the day for sappy, I got all emotional wathcing my oldest this morning march into the middle school, he is going into 7th grade this year and playing football. Real football, not the parks version. He is bigger than most men I know but I still see the little curley headed toddler walking away, I do not know how I'm going to handle seeing my baby getting pounced on. Ya know what they say, misery loves company, when I saw the pic of your girls it just sent me over the edge to sappy ville, the pity party starts here today! Somebody hug me quick, I'm a mess :rofl2:

ok, I'm better, proceed with the TR please, the chance of me being productive at work today are pretty much in the toilet, might as well get caught up on my reading :popcorn:

If it makes you feel any better, I think the oldest going off to Middle School is harder than the oldest going off to college. Middle School is scary. But, he will do fine. And you will survive. And it will be much easier with your next one. And, when that oldest one heads off to High School, you won't find it anywhere near as traumatic. There's just something frightening about Middle School.

I am just now reading your report. Yes, I had a year of reading before we left to know what was going on. I am so thankful to this board and even the "other" board for all its help. You all definitely made our trip the best it could possibly be. And yes, we had a Kenny cart. He was awesome. Thank you for including me in your spike giveaway. I didn't notice it until the next morning and it made me smile. The fort is definitely a special place. I want to go back already.

Well, I'm glad that you've joined us.

I guess you're back in Oklahoma?

You know, the way things work around here, is that you have to pay us back with a trip report.

It doesn't have to be long.

It can be just a few lines.

Photos are a bonus.

But, tell the rest of the Fiends how you liked the Fort and WDW. What surprised you? What was your favorite place to visit. What was your favorite thing to do at the Fort. If you start it, it will write itself.

People would really appreciate it.

And, you will have some fun doing it!

TCD

If anyone reading along has any information about how to sign up for one of these, and what it costs, please share.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/specialty-cruises/

More than just Fireworks cruises ... If I remember right, you pay a flat rate for the cruise no matter if you have the full number of people or not. $250 for the 8 person boat rings a bell, but I can't be positive.

Before we move on the next post about some exciting events that occurred on July 4th, I have a homework assignment for everyone reading along.

You must watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpVFGW51ISA&NR=1

You will find out why when I post the next update.

Which isn't going to be until tomorrow.

So, you may as well watch this video while you're waiting.

The video is rather long. So, if you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least watch about a minute of it beginning around the 4:30 mark.

One person is excused from this assignment.

That's wak648 . . . aka Bill. Because he once shared that he had personal experience with the attraction depicted in this video. Everyone else besides Bill has to watch.

TCD

http://disneyworld.d...cialty-cruises/

More than just Fireworks cruises ... If I remember right, you pay a flat rate for the cruise no matter if you have the full number of people or not. $250 for the 8 person boat rings a bell, but I can't be positive.

That sounds about right. I just wondered whether they jack up the price on the 3rd and 4th. I would be surprised if they didn't.

My keen math skills tell me that I could buy approximately 25 Mai Tai's for the price of one of those cruises.

If I had 25 Mai Tai's who needs a boat?

TCD

Well, I'm glad that you've joined us.

I guess you're back in Oklahoma?

You know, the way things work around here, is that you have to pay us back with a trip report.

It doesn't have to be long.

It can be just a few lines.

Photos are a bonus.

But, tell the rest of the Fiends how you liked the Fort and WDW. What surprised you? What was your favorite place to visit. What was your favorite thing to do at the Fort. If you start it, it will write itself.

People would really appreciate it.

And, you will have some fun doing it!

TCD

Yep, we've been back since Sunday. I was going to start that trip report this afternoon but I just spent the last hour reading yours and I see there are several other ones that I need to read so I didn't get to it. I will try to start it tonight. I want to hurry up and get it going so I don't forget everything. I have the worst memory. I had completely forgotten about the hot air balloons until I read your post. We saw them that morning on our way to the Magic Kingdom. As for now I must go look like I haven't sat at the computer for an hour. Gotta do a quick clean of the house and get dinner started. :lol:

That sounds about right. I just wondered whether they jack up the price on the 3rd and 4th. I would be surprised if they didn't.

My keen math skills tell me that I could buy approximately 25 Mai Tai's for the price of one of those cruises.

If I had 25 Mai Tai's who needs a boat?

TCD

would you be walking after 25 mai tai's much less rocking on a boat... :cheers: leads to :barf:

Brief thread jack:

Whip, We KNOW you wouldn't be buying that stuff......you have your own life time supply of the much better and more economical stuff........pwease....... :rofl2:

end thread jack.

I have to say the awning tape you can get at camping world is awesome stuff. We tore our awning a few years ago and the tape worked so well, I never replaced it. We keep a roll around for our grill cover when it rips from time to time

Andrew, Another great report. I feel bad for the hoopla with transportation issues getting to the poly and back. My wife and I always say it would be nice to split a few more boats up to be able to travel directly from the fort to the poly or the GF. On a good day it usually takes 45 minutes each way no matter what plan you choose. It's always like clock work when we are at the Contemporary we just miss the boat going straight to the fort and it's usually at least a 1/2 excusion just to make it back. Not fun at all when you have a tired 5 yo and a sleepy 2 1/2 year old on the dock.

I'm having issues posting on my phone, so I can't quote anolefan. I didn't keep reading, so if this question has been answered, feel free to ignore. :-)

I have a canon rebel g 35mm camera. I develop my film at Walgreens. They can put your pictures on a CD. Wal-mart does it, too, but they take a week vs Walgreens hour.

As for the TR, I'm loving it! Must get back to reading. :-)

Before we move on the next post about some exciting events that occurred on July 4th, I have a homework assignment for everyone reading along.

You must watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpVFGW51ISA&NR=1

You will find out why when I post the next update.

Which isn't going to be until tomorrow.

So, you may as well watch this video while you're waiting.

The video is rather long. So, if you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least watch about a minute of it beginning around the 4:30 mark.

One person is excused from this assignment.

That's wak648 . . . aka Bill. Because he once shared that he had personal experience with the attraction depicted in this video. Everyone else besides Bill has to watch.

TCD

WOW! Brings back many memories.

One question though from the video. What's a LADDA?

would you be walking after 25 mai tai's much less rocking on a boat... :cheers: leads to :barf:

I probably would not be walking after 25 Mai Tai's. But the only way to be sure would be to try.

I have to say the awning tape you can get at camping world is awesome stuff. We tore our awning a few years ago and the tape worked so well, I never replaced it. We keep a roll around for our grill cover when it rips from time to time

Really? Maybe it's worth $18 then. Maybe I should get a roll. It's cheaper than two Mai Tai's.

My scar thanks you

Tell your scar that it's welcome.

Ok, I watched most of the tape (about 7 minutes worth). Do I get a gold star? Can't wait to read more tomorrow!

Yes, you get a gold star. Seven minutes is plenty.

Andrew, Another great report. I feel bad for the hoopla with transportation issues getting to the poly and back. My wife and I always say it would be nice to split a few more boats up to be able to travel directly from the fort to the poly or the GF. On a good day it usually takes 45 minutes each way no matter what plan you choose. It's always like clock work when we are at the Contemporary we just miss the boat going straight to the fort and it's usually at least a 1/2 excusion just to make it back. Not fun at all when you have a tired 5 yo and a sleepy 2 1/2 year old on the dock.

For whatever reason, we usually have good luck with WDW transportation. But, I have to agree that it isn't a good feeling standing out there on that dock, and watching the boat taking off without you on it, and knowing that you have to wait for it to go around the complete circuit before you will be on your way.

Ok, from now on, all of you have to give me prior notice if your TR includes the EWP. That way I can fast forward over it.

I'm thinking of renting a mini sub and blowing the EWP out of the fake lake.

Lou, please accept my apologies.

I forgot completely about the fact that you hate the EWP.

And, I can't remember why you hate it.

Why the hate?

It looks like there are some twins praticing for the ABC show wipeout!

LOL!

I have that cake topper!!!

Really?

How did you cut the sleeves off of Mickey's tuxedo?

I couldn't get it to play. My wifi is acting up today but I saw enough to see an accident waiting to happen.

Yep. You saw it alright. Isn't that great? They don't make stuff like that anymore.

Me too! We bought it at the wedding pavilion along with our cake cutting set

I didn't know that they sold stuff at the Wedding Pavilion.

Duh!

It's Disney.

Of course they sell stuff at the Wedding Pavilion.

TCD