TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

S70's non-rain dance had worked perfectly for the days we visited the Fort.

I am still surprised that we had not a single drop of rain during the time we visited.

Not a single drop.

It rained like heck the day before we arrived.

Right Devores?

And after too.

But not a drop during our visit.

I appreciated that.

TCD is out.

Im glad you brought the good weather with ya. I would have hated it if it rained everyday we were there. I can handle setting up and tearing down in the rain if it means having nice weather the rest of the time.

Great report, a real eye opener. Has me thinking of some things now.

My family was watching a tv show with very touching music as I was looking at your last few photos. Maybe you should start adding a sound track to your TR's. Just pick out a few songs and we can play them in the background as we read through.

It was a great TR, as always. Thank you for sharing the magic with us. I too hope to see you at Halloween.

As I crossed the bridge, a golf cart pulled up. It was Devores and Mrs. Devores. They were out looping. We chatted for a while. We compared notes about the fireworks from last night. As you know, we had gone to the Polynesian, while Devores had stayed at the Fort. We would each be doing the opposite tonight. We talked about other things too. Then another cart came pulling up. It was H and Kampfire KIm and their boys. I hadn't met KFK yet. We had a visit right there on the side of the road. What genuinely nice folks they are! We talked briefly, but about many subjects. KFK said her mom would be around the Fort that night. I said I would love to meet the lady who saved a french fry basket and burger wrapper from the 70's. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. But, it was nice to meet you, Kim!

It was very nice meeting you too! If it hadn't been for one of the TCD twins pointing us in your direction we may never have found you. Your daughter is really a sweetheart! (I'm sure they all are but she's the only one I've met so far.) I did bring KFM by your site but it didn't appear anyone was home. Maybe another time. She'll be back.

I'm really enjoying your report but I am disappointed that the SUV wasn't towed. That would have been a hoot! Judging from your photos we really timed our visits to the pool very well. :yay:

Sorry, but no Mark Spitz speedo pics. But, KFK got to see me in my bathing suit. The poor thing, her husband was right there, so it was kind of awkward for her trying not to stare and all. Same for Mrs. Devores too.

It was very distracting. I just hope H didn't notice. I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. Why do you think Mrs. Devores and I were beet red and awkwardly looking down at the ground?

Ya know, KFK did seem exceptionally giddy in her latest TR. Now, I get it! You really should be more careful strutting your stuff around the Fort like that, it's just not fair to the other men here! :popo:

Now you know Stef... now you know. ;)

I really wish I could have seen the Flippin' awesome sparkler show. I'm not pro-jail but that sounds like some hijinks I would like to be a part of. :)

Once again a terrific, entertaining and informative TR. I am highly disappointed about the golf cart parade results and obviously unfair judging. They should have People's Choice Awards for the carts. We could cast our votes. That would be Flippin' Awesome!

This has been a great ride, from the beginning to the very end!

You have managed to cover so much in a 3 night stay. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks for always taking the time to put so much effort in your reports and sharing all the unique and interesting things you find during your trips!

Can't wait for the next one!

Will do! Does this mean that you have overcome your fear of hippies?

No, I am still very afraid of hippies. I thought Bruce was a former hippie. Although now that I think about it, there is no such thing as a former hippie, is there?

Oh well, I'll man up and make an exception to my no-hippie policy in order to meet you.

I can't believe it has been seven trip reports already. Perhaps you can get that book going during your break.

Me either. I thought I would never get caught up, and now I am!

I am thinking about that book.

Thanks! Enjoyed another report. Good news for me, though. I haven't read through one of your other reports so I get to read that next. Yay!

That is good news for you!

And, for the rest of you, you ought to make sure to read them all too. Sometimes people just skim. There's some good information in those reports, so you should read them all.

:yay: :yay::bravo:

Thank you sir, great report as usual, can't wait to see you at the Fort and shake your hand again.

Thanks, John.

And, I hope that we will get a chance to meet up again during your visit later this year.

Im glad you brought the good weather with ya. I would have hated it if it rained everyday we were there. I can handle setting up and tearing down in the rain if it means having nice weather the rest of the time.

Great report, a real eye opener. Has me thinking of some things now.

We really lucked out with the weather this time.

And that means next time we are in for some rain for sure!

My family was watching a tv show with very touching music as I was looking at your last few photos. Maybe you should start adding a sound track to your TR's. Just pick out a few songs and we can play them in the background as we read through.

It was a great TR, as always. Thank you for sharing the magic with us. I too hope to see you at Halloween.

Thanks!

My DD's make slide shows with music all the time on our home computer. I'll look into making one some time.

That truly was a Flippin Awesome trip report! I hope you will be around the Fort over labor day. We will be in the area for the cruise and would love to say Hi!

Labor Day is going to be a tough one for me. I am planning on being in Tallahassee on Saturday to join my oldest DD for FSU's home football opener.

But, there are going to be quite a few Fiends at the Fort.

I will see what I can do. Are you guys driving your motorhome down, or are you tenting it?

Great report! Thanks for sharing your adventures. You have inspired me to consider possibly starting a TR from our stay in June. :bravo:

Possibly?

Come on!

Post that trip report. It can just be a few photos. People will still like it.

Let's get with it!

It was very nice meeting you too! If it hadn't been for one of the TCD twins pointing us in your direction we may never have found you. Your daughter is really a sweetheart! (I'm sure they all are but she's the only one I've met so far.) I did bring KFM by your site but it didn't appear anyone was home. Maybe another time. She'll be back.

I'm really enjoying your report but I am disappointed that the SUV wasn't towed. That would have been a hoot! Judging from your photos we really timed our visits to the pool very well. :yay:

I am sorry that I missed KFM!

I will make sure to try harder the next time.

What more can I say but Flippin' Awesome

Thanks, Michael!

TCD

Labor Day is going to be a tough one for me. I am planning on being in Tallahassee on Saturday to join my oldest DD for FSU's home football opener.

TCD

Tallahassee is about an hours drive from Rita & I

Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink. Bob's your Uncle! :rofl2:

It was very distracting. I just hope H didn't notice. I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. Why do you think Mrs. Devores and I were beet red and awkwardly looking down at the ground?

Now you know Stef... now you know. ;)

I really wish I could have seen the Flippin' awesome sparkler show. I'm not pro-jail but that sounds like some hijinks I would like to be a part of. :)

Once again a terrific, entertaining and informative TR. I am highly disappointed about the golf cart parade results and obviously unfair judging. They should have People's Choice Awards for the carts. We could cast our votes. That would be Flippin' Awesome!

Thanks, KFK.

I have been thinking about it, and it is unfair for S70 and the rest of the ladies reading along to hear about the beefcake that they missed by not being at the Fort for the Fourth.

I won't post a photo of me in the Mark Spitz replica suit, as photos don't do it justice, but here's one photo of me at the pool showcasing my good side:

FW42409031.jpg

So now y'all understand what KFK and Mrs. Devores were going through there on the side of the road.

This has been a great ride, from the beginning to the very end!

You have managed to cover so much in a 3 night stay. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks for always taking the time to put so much effort in your reports and sharing all the unique and interesting things you find during your trips!

Can't wait for the next one!

Thanks, Tom.

You manage to do a lot on your trips too.

Heck, I don't even go fishing.

You could say it again! ;)

Great report, TCD! Now that you're all caught up, you need another trip so you can keep us up to date till the rest of us get back!

Thanks, Leslie.

I hope it won't be too long before the next trip.

We are in the planning stages now.

Awesome report! Look forward to the next one.

Thanks.

I go out of internet range for 3 days and had something like 40 email updates to the thread... or so it seemed...I'm caught up and sad

Oh good. We were all getting worried about you.

I'm glad that you are caught up.

And, don't be sad. There are other great trip reports in progress right now.

And, Fortmommy is about to start hers!

Right Fortmommy?

TCD

I have been thinking about it, and it is unfair for S70 and the rest of the ladies reading along to hear about the beefcake that they missed by not being at the Fort for the Fourth.

I won't post a photo of me in the Mark Spitz replica suit, as photos don't do it justice, but here's one photo of me at the pool showcasing my good side:

FW42409031.jpg

TCD

Wow, I got the chubby short end of that stick! While I do appreciate a man that can match his swim shorts to his hat, this cannot compare to the Mark Spitz pics. I'm certain that the speedo was a better fit. There's just something about a man with back fat! :smug:

Wow, I got the chubby short end of that stick! While I do appreciate a man that can match his swim shorts to his hat, this cannot compare to the Mark Spitz pics. I'm certain that the speedo was a better fit. There's just something about a man with back fat! :smug:

I missed the back fat, my eye was drawn to the the butt crack and man boobs. The guy must be a plumber :rofl2:

Tallahassee is about an hours drive from Rita & I

Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink. Bob's your Uncle! :rofl2:

All joking aside, I sometimes end up with extra tickets for some of the games.

I'm not sure if that will be the case this year, as I think FSU's fans may finally return to the Doak.

But, let me know if you are interested. I usually can't give a lot of notice, but I might be able to provide a ticket or two.

TCD

All joking aside, I sometimes end up with extra tickets for some of the games.

I'm not sure if that will be the case this year, as I think FSU's fans may finally return to the Doak.

But, let me know if you are interested. I usually can't give a lot of notice, but I might be able to provide a ticket or two.

TCD

Actually, I wasn't really interested in watching the game (thanks for the offer, though) - but we might be able to Meet & Greet somewhere in Tallahassee!