Another 4th of July trip report...but at Wilderness Lodge

HaHa, Very funny!! The only way I want to see 3:00am is if I'm drunk, dancing on the hood of the truck!sFun_dancing.gif

Sorry for the hijack WBI! Carry on............ :))

What type of beer? I'll furnish. We could have you dance on Bob's golf cart since I hear it is slow enought and have a parade..... :rofl2:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of those carts are really pretty imaginative. Thanks for sharing :banana:

I thought so too, CP already said she wants to enter next year just so she can decorate.

I am loving your trip report! I think that it is gonna be a goal for me to do 3 am at the park! The Pistol Mickey is very cool!

I think everyone should try the 3am in MK.

You can do it too just rest during the day and start a little later than normal.

I can see you and me making it till 3 a.m., maybe if we make Stef take a nap she can too :banana:

I wonder if it will be open til 3 during our Halloween GG time? If not, we could always do the Jelly Rolls thing!

good idea :banana:

Ya'll should try Jellyrolls!

A little warning though, they have a $10 cover!

I know thats crazy but its Disney, they do give you free popcorn though. lol

Those are the first pics of the golf cart parade that I have seen. I haven't had much time to read too many trip reports, yet. I am still busy sorting through our 2000+ photos and getting life back in order. We missed the parade so I am glad to get to see some pictures from it. :)

2000+ pics!!

Wow I normally take a lot but 2000 that's impressive!

Well I'm sure you've seen by now but there's a lot of trip reports to get caught up on and they are all good!

Plus we'll want to see your report too!

HaHa, Very funny!! The only way I want to see 3:00am is if I'm drunk, dancing on the hood of the truck!sFun_dancing.gif

Sorry for the hijack WBI! Carry on............ :))

Don't worry about hijacks, they don't bother me one bit!!

I'd pay to see that, or maybe just charge admission :rofl2:

What type of beer? I'll furnish. We could have you dance on Bob's golf cart since I hear it is slow enought and have a parade..... :rofl2:

haha :rofl2:

You are doing a great job with this report!

I can't believe all you guys were able to take in on your short trip. That's what it's all about!

Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks!

It defintely wore us out.

We didn't have near as much giddy up and go the next night!

Great job.

Four hours of sleep!

And your golf cart parade photos prove it!

I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your morning at the Fort.

TCD

Thanks!

I just saw your pictures from that morning, great job!

Its funny to think that Yuri was exploring on an hour or two after I went to sleep.

I'm going to be posting more from that morning soon, as long as work doesn't slow me down.

I'm so impressed - 4 hours of sleep! Wow! I would have been a zombie!

Love the pics - and how awesome that you guys got to do SO much in a one night trip!

Thanks!

I have to be honest we were zombies the next night, it all caught up to us.

Oh and I forgot to mention after this quick and tiring trip to Disney World which we got back from Monday night, we left for Washington DC at 5am (flight was at 6am) on Thursday morning!

Talk about tiring we walked so much around DC it was crazy!

But it was awesome!

Hey I hijacked my own thread, lol.

Ok back to it.

WBI

Sorry for the delay again.

This is going to be a quick post.

When I left off we were at the golf cart parade.

Guess what...

We're still there.

Here's the last of my golf cart pictures, which you've probably already seen in other trip reports:

DSC04779.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04781.jpg

DSC04782.jpg

DSC04783.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

Here's the non-cart cart:

DSC04785.jpg

Wow that's the last pic I took of the parade.

Finally..

After the parade we walked by the pool, then decided we wanted to tour the 1500 loop, we always get the 2000 loop so I wanted to show it to CP.

On our walk over we saw a group get off the bus at the 1500 stop and walk directly to the pool.

Check them out:

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

I tried to get better pictures but they didn't like that.

I think you get the idea though, they were carrying coolers and food.

Guess where they setup. Yup, the pavillion. They were the first to stake their claim.

I'm not a betting man but I'm betting they weren't staying at the Fort.

While crossing the bridge I noticed a familiar looking setup.

I'm sure you can guess who's but I'll post a pic next time.

WBI

After the parade we walked by the pool, then decided we wanted to tour the 1500 loop, we always get the 2000 loop so I wanted to show it to CP.

On our walk over we saw a group get off the bus at the 1500 stop and walk directly to the pool.

Check them out:

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

I tried to get better pictures but they didn't like that.

I think you get the idea though, they were carrying coolers and food.

Guess where they setup. Yup, the pavillion. They were the first to stake their claim.

I'm not a betting man but I'm betting they weren't staying at the Fort.

Great job on those photos!

Unfortunately, I saw similar things happen several times over the weekend.

Of course, it is possible that these are cabin people who somehow ended up on a Yellow Bus on their way to the pool.

But, I doubt it.

Some folks have praised the Fort management for issuing wrist bands at the pool over the weekend. Some have said that a few freeloaders were tossed. I never saw any of these enforcement efforts.

But I saw plenty of freeloaders.

It wouldn't be hard for the Fort management to stop this if they really wanted to.

TCD

Of course, it is possible that these are cabin people who somehow ended up on a Yellow Bus on their way to the pool.

But, I doubt it.

Some folks have praised the Fort management for issuing wrist bands at the pool over the weekend. Some have said that a few freeloaders were tossed. I never saw any of these enforcement efforts.

It wouldn't be hard for the Fort management to stop this if they really wanted to.

TCD

Yep, I saw the same thing during our visit.

Here is a quote from my TR regarding this exact issue:

I was pleased to see at least an effort to check for ID's by the pool staff. I don't think it made a huge impact, as they didn't seem to have a plan or any rhyme or reason as to who they were checking, but it is a start. They never asked me and I was prepared with all of our cards.

While the CM's had a box of wristbands, I never was approached and we spent a lot of time at the pool during our three days.

And I witnessed several of these "guests" as well.

Those pictures are great! It would have been funny if you asked them to get together for a group photo.

Good for you guys - travel away! DH and I did a lot of that before we had DD - we have loads of fun memories. The year before she was born we did D.C. for July 4th, NYC for Christmas, and then Boston a few months after. Now we enjoy planning the trips to take her back to those places when she's big enough.

Pollyanna here but if they got off a bus, they still could have been coming from somewhere else in the campground? We rode those busses to the pool when we stayed in the cabin. But that's just me - I'm a glass half full kinda girl.

Keep the pics coming!

Pollyanna here but if they got off a bus, they still could have been coming from somewhere else in the campground? We rode those busses to the pool when we stayed in the cabin. But that's just me - I'm a glass half full kinda girl.

Cabin people would be arriving via the Orange Bus, which would drop them off in front of the Meadow Trading Post.

These folks would have been on a Yellow Bus, which does not travel through the cabin loops.

TCD

Great job on those photos!

But, I doubt it.

TCD

I agree it wouldn't be that hard to stop this, if they tried a little harder.

Yep, I saw the same thing during our visit.

Here is a quote from my TR regarding this exact issue:

I was pleased to see at least an effort to check for ID's by the pool staff. I don't think it made a huge impact, as they didn't seem to have a plan or any rhyme or reason as to who they were checking, but it is a start. They never asked me and I was prepared with all of our cards.

While the CM's had a box of wristbands, I never was approached and we spent a lot of time at the pool during our three days.

And I witnessed several of these "guests" as well.

Those pictures are great! It would have been funny if you asked them to get together for a group photo.

That's true its good they are starting to do something, hopefully they keep it up.

That would have been pretty funny! lol

Good for you guys - travel away! DH and I did a lot of that before we had DD - we have loads of fun memories. The year before she was born we did D.C. for July 4th, NYC for Christmas, and then Boston a few months after. Now we enjoy planning the trips to take her back to those places when she's big enough.

Keep the pics coming!

Thanks! We travel a lot, probably more than we should be money wise but we figure we should while we can.

I guess it is possible those were campers from somewhere else but I don't think so.

Cabin people would be arriving via the Orange Bus, which would drop them off in front of the Meadow Trading Post.

These folks would have been on a Yellow Bus, which does not travel through the cabin loops.

TCD

Very good point TCD.

WBI

Man I'm slacking but I'm going to try and wrap up this report today.

When I left off I was walking towards the 1500 loop when I saw this:

DSC04791.jpg

That looks familiar doesn't it.

That's TCD's site! We've now seen lots of pictures of his site in his report but this was before I met him and before i knew he was in 1501.

Which brings me to a question.

TCD, what is that?

It looks like some fancy tree fanny pack?

DSC04792.jpg

I couldn't tell?

Anyway we walked around the 1500 loop.

I like the Seaside license plate TCD:

DSC04790.jpg

After the 1500 we walked back by the pool, where saw the people still in the pavilion. I snapped the picture on the walk back by the Meadow Outpost:

DSC04793.jpg

I saw this sign in the 600 loop but I didin't see anyone home.

DSC04794.jpg

Then I got some pictures of TCD's favorite site:

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04800.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

I got these from the bridge headed to the campfire area:

DSC04796.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04798.jpg

I saw the rope going over the walk here but I forgot to get a picture, we did get a good laugh out of it though, it was pretty funny rig for such a little tarp.

We eventually walked back to Pioneer Hall where we grabbed a soda refill and watched the end of the awards.

This is when I met the Fort Wilderness celebrity.

TCD! And a TCD daughter!

TCD already mentioned it in his report but we had a nice quick visit.

It was great to meet you TCD!

WBI

That's TCD's site! We've now seen lots of pictures of his site in his report but this was before I met him and before i knew he was in 1501.

Which brings me to a question.

TCD, what is that?

It looks like some fancy tree fanny pack?

DSC04792.jpg

WBI

Stalker!

Just kidding.

I like the photos.

That tree fanny pack is a Tree Huggerz. I read about it on a camping website, and checked out the company's website and ended up buying one. As you see, it straps onto a tree, and gives you a place to hang things, and I use it to keep Clorox wipes and Wet Ones handy.

Here's the website in case you're interested: http://www.tree-huggerz.com/

Great job on the 617 photos!

And, as I already said, it was great to meet you and the CP.

TCD

Stalker!

Just kidding.

I like the photos.

That tree fanny pack is a Tree Huggerz. I read about it on a camping website, and checked out the company's website and ended up buying one. As you see, it straps onto a tree, and gives you a place to hang things, and I use it to keep Clorox wipes and Wet Ones handy.

Here's the website in case you're interested: http://www.tree-huggerz.com/

Great job on the 617 photos!

And, as I already said, it was great to meet you and the CP.

TCD

Haha, I actually felt like a stalker at first, but then I figured hey I'm just a guy walking by, no big deal. lol

That's a pretty cool Tree Hugger, I could see that coming in handy for hunting or back country camping.

WBI

Ah, the bus color does work against my Pollyanna theory. We never learned the colors. They all say where they're going on the front, so we just waited for one going the right direction.

I think a wristband thing would be an easy and cheap way for them to limit the sneaker-inners at the Fort pool. Nothing is fool-proof, but something is better than nothing.

Your pics are beautiful! Everything looks so lush and green!

DSC04797.jpg

WBI

I've said it before, but I'll go ahead and say it again. Possibly my all time favorite view at the Fort!

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you if you have made one of those wooden benches yet? I remember you were fond of those on your last report. Remember I'm first in line if you do :)

Your pics are beautiful! Everything looks so lush and green!

Thanks! It was beautiful there and all over DisneyWorld!

What a great phrase, now if we only had more looker-outers :rofl2:

haha we do need looker-outers!

and kicker-outers!

Those too!

I've said it before, but I'll go ahead and say it again. Possibly my all time favorite view at the Fort!

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you if you have made one of those wooden benches yet? I remember you were fond of those on your last report. Remember I'm first in line if you do :)

I agree that's a great spot!

No I haven't made one yet. Last year I planned on trying to make one while at my folks for christmas but didn't get to it. It's not as easy to build one at my current location, I'd have to do it in my little garage, dang HOA's! But I'm still planning on tackling it one day so once I get it figured out I'll be sure and make you one too.

WBI

OK, Mr. I wanna be an Imagineer, it's time to take off the gloves and be Snarky.

Let me get this straight, you were at WDW over the 4th, staying at the la de la WL and didn't find the time to come over to the Fort for even five minutes and let us harass you?

Explain yourself!

OK, Mr. I wanna be an Imagineer, it's time to take off the gloves and be Snarky.

Let me get this straight, you were at WDW over the 4th, staying at the la de la WL and didn't find the time to come over to the Fort for even five minutes and let us harass you?

Explain yourself!

ohhh snarky!!

Well if you read my TR you saw that we had a super packed July 3rd till 3am!

Then on July 4th, we DID make it over to the Fort! We even walked around quite a bit looking for snarky signs and Fiends!

I will admit, I should of texted you or found ya'll for some good ole harassing on the 4th, but I slacked. In my defense I did see some Fiends in the parade we just didn't stay very late in DW on the 4th so we didn't hang out long.

I'll be sure and make up for it next trip.

But this is a good segway into the rest of my TR which is coming up.

WBI

Ok here it is my last post for this trip report.

We had just left the parade awards and meeting TCD, (and not getting harrassed by magicbus ;D ).

By now it was time to head back to check-out so we hopped a boat back to the Lodge.

Where I took these pictures:

DSC04801.jpg

I think this is the Pirates cruise boat:

DSC04802.jpg

DSC04803.jpg

CP always wants pictures of us so here's another:

DSC04804.jpg

Once back in our room we packed up and got cleaned up. I also took some more pictures of the detail in our room:

DSC04805.jpg

DSC04806.jpg

This was the brass rail in the elevator. Not sure if you can tell but its a beaver head holding a stick.

DSC04807.jpg

By now it was around 11:30 and we were hungry, we almost went to Whispering Canyon but instead we decided to just grab some BBQ in Animal Kingdom.

So we drove on over. I'll have some pictures of AK coming up and sadly that will be the last of this two day report.

We made it to AK and our goal is BBQ.

DSC04808.jpg

We grabbed some Flametree BBQ and went out back to sit by the water.

That's a great place to eat!

I don't know who told me about it but its perfect, much better than the other tables!

I can't belive I forgot to get a picture. Sorry.

I have to admit, this was a slow AK visit. We were tired and it was hot, and didn't feel like waiting for anything.

So we just relaxed and took it all in. Not one roller coaster.

We ate and just looked around.

Something in Africa:

DSC04810.jpg

Everest:

DSC04813.jpg

CP wanted to see the Lion King as always so that's all we did.

These are pictures on the way there:

DSC04814.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

DSC04817.jpg

We didn't get any pictures of Lion King but it was good, the monkeys actually were having an off day but it was still good.

Afterwards we headed over to Downtown Disney, we did a little shopping and looking around then we hit the road.

After such a busy July 3rd our July 4th was pretty tame but still great!

Sorry we didn't get to meet up with more Fiends but there's always next time, I'll be sure and let ya'll know when that is.

Thanks for following along everyone!

WBI