Some Times It's A Magical Bus

Yeah, same here. If I had to drive a bus past 10pm I'd need to be drinking a lot of coffee. But then I'd need so many bathroom breaks I may as well just stay home.

Not a big coffee drinker. I have a cup in the morning and that's it for the day.

I take a nap in the middle of the afternoon and that works for me.

When I first started driving, I remember working until 4am on Christmas eve.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only if you're wearing a Tampa Bay Rays or Yankees hat.

I was assigned to the Studios bus hub yesterday and while waiting for people to finish boarding, a little boy, about 9 or 10 years old, afflicted with an obvious muscular disorder struggles to walk up

Needle in a hay stack is right. The odds are very slim that you'll see me. Too many buses doing too many routes. No call today, so I'm not working. I'm on call tomorrow but no clue where I'll be until

Oh boy, it's EMH at Epcot tomorrow night, and who will be there to help shuttle the masses out until 2AM, yup, yours truly, and I'm not happy about it.

So if you're there, get your butt in gear and get out. Go home when you're supposed to, so that I can.,

My first stop before clocking in was at the Fort to say hi to Lisa and Bruce.

And people didn't heed my advice to get back to their resorts early so that I could go home.

It's 12:45am, 45 minutes after EMH ended and I get a dispatch to pick up a family at #1. And do you know what bus stop that is at Epcot, yup, the Fort.

So my first and last stop was at the Fort.

My first stop before clocking in was at the Fort to say hi to Lisa and Bruce.

And people didn't heed my advice to get back to their resorts early so that I could go home.

It's 12:45am, 45 minutes after EMH ended and I get a dispatch to pick up a family at #1. And do you know what bus stop that is at Epcot, yup, the Fort.

So my first and last stop was at the Fort.

It could have been Awesome if it was Lisa and Bruce. :rofl2:

• 2 months later...

I know where you're coming however, not all disabilities are visible to the naked eye. My dad, despite surviving 9 heart attacks, looked like the picture of health but, he could not walk 20 yards without getting angina pains and becoming short of breath.

I don't mind personal scooters (the ones that don't say RENT ME) because the people using them in all likelihood know how to operate them. But the ECV's Disney rents and the scooters that have RENT ME plastered all over them scare the bejeezus out of me. I've been rammed in the back of my legs too many time by those darn things!! Once when trying to get into the Mexico pavillion at Epcot, I finally had to turn around and physically remove a lady's hand from the controls after she kept jerking her ECV into me!!

Disney should be forced to give personalized ECV training to people before allowing them to roll off into the park! 30 minutes training & a driving test should do the trick. That might even discourage people who don't really need them from renting one!!

Lou - I too have witnessed a LOT of people on scooters or in wheelchairs treat bus drivers with disdain. If they can't be pleasant with a stranger for only 2 minutes, imagine what it must be like living with them? I'm sure glad I don't have to.

I have to giggle at the Rent Me because our 14 yr old daughter had a major knee surgery this summer. After spending a few weeks at home she was going stir crazy. But she was miserable and wanted a break from her crutches. So it was off to Walmart and... yes the scooter.

She didn't run into anybody but it was hard to ignore the panicked backseat driving mother. Careful! Careful! Don't hit that buggy! Watch out for that rack! Don't bump into the oranges! Do Not run over my feet or I swear you won't get your drivers license until you're 21.

It was one of my most stressful trips to Walmart. But nice to have them available for temporary use. I too don't understand how these people can be so ungrateful over taking up people's time.