We went looking today at TT's. Looked at 2 dealerships.

First guy was very knowledgeableand honest about what we can tow with our van and about teh models we looked at.

2nd guy told us we could tow up to 11,000 lbs :rolleyes: . He then proceeded to show us several very nice TT's and competely made up weight and length numbers off the top of his head. We loved a lot of what he showed us, but would never buy from him and after looking them up online when we got home several were over our weight limit.

Anyway, we fell in love with the first one we saw at the first dealership. It's a 2012 Bullet Premier 31BHPR. We got the out the door price, financing, etc. numbers. Now my question is how much do you think we can reasonably talk them down if at all? Is it just like buying a car and they expect you to try to haggle a bit?

Thanks so much for everyones help and advice here so far. We just can't stop talking about it and all the fun we'll have taking it to the Fort!

How exciting!!! We're in the process of "just looking". We love the fifth wheel that we currently own, but want a bunkhouse model w/ a 1/2 bath b/c It would give our kids more room to spread out. That would be so sweet! However, I'm trying not to get my hopes up to high. Yeah right!

Hey, Monique! How do you like your Open Range? The sales guy that we've been in contact w/ has really been talking up this particular brand. Judging by the pics that I've seen, it's REALLY nice!

Hey, Monique! How do you like your Open Range?

LOVE it! So much so we bought 2!

...ok, long story, involves an accident a few weeks ago and replacing the camper we bought a year ago with an identical model we picked up last weekend. Gotta say that, despite the fact that the first one (barely a year old) was considered "totaled" by the insurance company, structurally it held up remarkably well to being flipped on its side!!

Anyway... when we were looking last year we wanted some version of a bunkhouse for the 3 dogs and looked at loads before we found the 303BH

RT303BHS.jpg

This floor plan is SUPER spacious with the slides out. We've actually had company with 2 extra adults and 3 extra dogs and still had plenty of room.

Storage space is ridiculous - I actually have empty cabinets.

We took it to the Fort for the first time last fall for 3 weeks. Better than any hotel room! :)

We pulled out the extra flip sofa/bunk and installed the "doggie dorm" and bar.

Here's what it looked like last time around, we'll be re-installing all this hopefully this coming weekend...

4906296388_83b349c84a_z.jpg

5437665720_a9f83a314b_z.jpg

The unit overall is really nicely appointed - furniture is comfy and while I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the big front window and curtains instead of blinds in the living areas, both have proven to be terrific.

I've got plenty more pics HERE. These are actually of the first one we bought a year ago, but the new one is also a 2011 and pretty much identical.

Sorry to hear about the camper misfortune. Gotta love it when they total it out when it's not necessary.

SWEET camper!!! Love how you installed the kennels, really neat idea. Right now we're leaning towards either Open Range, or the Cedar Creek Silverback. That is "IF" we decide to make a move. When I saw that you are an Open Range owner I just had to ask. Thanks so much for the sharing the link w/ the pics......very helpful!!!

I've bought 3 new campers in the past 7 years and I have always offered 30% off first but never settled less than 25% off period. Don't cave in. Just tell them ok, we're going to keep looking and leave. They will work with you trust me. The reason I suggested 30% is the dealers in Michigan don't have tons of miles to ship campers from Indiana where most of the manufacturers are. Good luck, hope you get it soon.

I've bought 3 new campers in the past 7 years and I have always offered 30% off first but never settled less than 25% off period. Don't cave in. Just tell them ok, we're going to keep looking and leave. They will work with you trust me. The reason I suggested 30% is the dealers in Michigan don't have tons of miles to ship campers from Indiana where most of the manufacturers are. Good luck, hope you get it soon.

I would agree with this plan remember they have they have to sell to stay in buisness you just wait and get the price you want. Check other dealers on the web and see what prices they are asking.

I would agree with this plan remember they have they have to sell to stay in buisness you just wait and get the price you want. Check other dealers on the web and see what prices they are asking.

Thanks so much, I will pass your advice along to my husband. We would be so hapy to get that much off!