I would like some opinions please. This is our first trip to Disney our girls are 7 & 8. We are staying at the Fort fo 2 weeks in December for Christmas. We would also like to go to other parks Universal, Seaworld ect. too. I know this is going to be a hard one to answer but how many days should I buy for the Disney park? There may be days when we just want to sit on the beach or our campsite and do nothing.

Thank You

Amy

We usually go for 2 weeks ourselves. I would one day for each seaworld & universal. As far as Disney tickets go once you pass the 7 day ticket threshold the increase is minimal going up to the 10 day ticket. Personnally being there for 2 weeks I would by the 10 day base ticket so I have a ticket for everyday & not worry about it. That way if I change my mind & decide I want to hit the parks I can. Especially if your kids are like mine & would go crazy not being able to go to a park.

If this is your only planned trip for several years...I'd go for the 10 day like Steve said. Each additional day doesn't add much. If you think you'll come back within a couple years, you may want to consider the non-expiration option to get two trips out of it. But that adds substantially to the cost. And finally, if you think you will make at least 2 trips in the next 12 months, consider the annual pass. Even if you want to go again late next year, as long as your trip ends prior to the date you activate the passes this year, you can get another trip on those passes. We did the AP's once a couple years ago and got three trips out of them. Have now taken some time off of Disney trips...but that year was awesome!

Oh, and WELCOME to the boards!!!

Thank you. great advice.

If this is your only planned trip for several years...I'd go for the 10 day like Steve said. Each additional day doesn't add much. If you think you'll come back within a couple years, you may want to consider the non-expiration option to get two trips out of it. But that adds substantially to the cost. And finally, if you think you will make at least 2 trips in the next 12 months, consider the annual pass. Even if you want to go again late next year, as long as your trip ends prior to the date you activate the passes this year, you can get another trip on those passes. We did the AP's once a couple years ago and got three trips out of them. Have now taken some time off of Disney trips...but that year was awesome!

Oh, and WELCOME to the boards!!!

... As far as Disney tickets go once you pass the 7 day ticket threshold the increase is minimal going up to the 10 day ticket. Personnally being there for 2 weeks I would by the 10 day base ticket so I have a ticket for everyday & not worry about it. That way if I change my mind & decide I want to hit the parks I can. Especially if your kids are like mine & would go crazy not being able to go to a park.

Great advice. The 10 day really drives down the per day cost, and makes it less compelling to have to make the park visits "commando" style.

...if you think you will make at least 2 trips in the next 12 months, consider the annual pass. Even if you want to go again late next year, as long as your trip ends prior to the date you activate the passes this year, you can get another trip on those passes.

This is what we do. We only go once a year, for 3 weeks, and we plan our trips to get 2 trips out of one set of APs. Saves us more than $1000 every other year - for instance this year we don't need to buy any park tix!

Also means we only have to worry about price increases every other year.

When all is said and done it ends up costing us about $12.50 per day. :parrot:

This is what we do. We only go once a year, for 3 weeks, and we plan our trips to get 2 trips out of one set of APs. Saves us more than $1000 every other year - for instance this year we don't need to buy any park tix!

Also means we only have to worry about price increases every other year.

Love the way you think. We try for 4 trips and a total of 21-23 days a year. Brings the tickets down to a nice price.

When all is said and done it ends up costing us about $12.50 per day. :parrot: