This is one of things I bought since retired. I wanted a large family tent that my girls & their friends could use when they join us while we are traveling. After owning a few of larger tents and researching others available in the US, I decided to look further and decided on the Outwell Florida 8 made in the United Kingdom. They design tents not just for sleeping in, but for living in. It is also closer to being an all season tent.

Bear with me, it has been a while since I have posted photos.

This is the right side of the tent. The front is to the right. I bought the optional front awning kit. You can see where it attaches.

IMG_1517.jpg

Front of the tent looking into the porch area.

IMG_1519.jpg

Inside the porch looking at the front door to the tent. The porch has a fitted tub style floor that attaches with toggles.

IMG_1521.jpg

Looking through the front door. The tent has three bedrooms.

IMG_1522.jpg

I took the third bedroom out to make for a larger living room and to allow for the heat pump unit.

IMG_1527.jpg

Looking at the two remaining bedrooms. Each can hold a queen size air mattress. This tent is massive. I can walk anywhere inside without my head coming close to the ceiling and I am 6' tall. The remaining open floor could probably hold 4 more queen size mattresses.

IMG_1528.jpg

Bedrooms closed and carpet on the floor.

IMG_1534.jpg

Looking back towards the front door.

IMG_1535.jpg

Of course, there is a downside to such a large tent. First it won't store in any of my motorhome's storage compartments, I will have to stow it in my toad. The entire unit weighs about 130 pounds, including the optional front awning/porch, but I have it in 4 separate packages, two are wheeled. It only takes two people to set it up, but even with practice, a full set up would take 45 minutes to an hour to do. It has a lot of stakes and cords, which makes it very sturdy, even in high winds.

wow! That tent is big enough to have fit my DD's entire dance team! Very impressive. :waycool:

What are the measurements?

Love it. I looked at that one too. Buyers remorse, wish we had gone with this style instead of the one we got. I am sure you will love it!!! :dance:

I think the style of your tent is better for families with young children. Mom and Dad can be in the middle and be equally close to all the little ones. It would also be easier to heat/cool from the center point with one of those ACs that don't need venting or a portable heater. Hopefully, once you camp it in, you will enjoy the benefits and not have buyers remorse.

All of these huge tents are just are really cool. I don't know where you guys find this stuff. :))

I think the style of your tent is better for families with young children. Mom and Dad can be in the middle and be equally close to all the little ones. It would also be easier to heat/cool from the center point with one of those ACs that don't need venting or a portable heater. Hopefully, once you camp it in, you will enjoy the benefits and not have buyers remorse.

All of these huge tents are just are really cool. I don't know where you guys find this stuff. :))

I found our on Ebay. This one was there too. We wanted a big tent to fit us all and have floor space. LOL

Great tent! That's essentially what I was looking for, just a little smaller. I definitely have buyers remorse. It's much better than the one I finally chose.

Brent, I'm glad to see you posting. I came across your trip report when I was searching for something the other day and thought you hadn't been on in a while.