A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 8

The morning on day 8 was sad for us. It was Labor Day and that meant that for most folks the long weekend was over. It also meant that Stef and Trevor were leaving. They stopped by after they had finished packing and we chatted for a while and then they had to go. After they left, Bruce wanted to go out looping to take his mind off of things so we did.

Tessy was ready to go:

Florida_2011_Day08_01.JPG

Seeing the line of folks trying to get out made us thankful that we weren’t leaving:

Florida_2011_Day08_02.JPG

Things were looking pretty empty around the 400 loop…

Florida_2011_Day08_03.JPG

We decided that today would be another Magic Kingdom day, so we headed off for the marina

Florida_2011_Day08_04.JPG

Our boat steward

Florida_2011_Day08_05.JPG

He was nice enough to take our picture for us. This is one of only a few of the both of us together.

Florida_2011_Day08_06.JPG

We got to the Magic Kingdom and it was all decorated for Halloween

Florida_2011_Day08_07.JPG

Bruce decided to take a picture of the PhotoPass dude.

Florida_2011_Day08_08.JPG

We arrived just in time for the parade.

Florida_2011_Day08_09.JPG

Here’s Minnie! I’m not sure if I liked how she was flirting with Bruce…

Florida_2011_Day08_10.JPG

Florida_2011_Day08_11.JPG

And here is Donald!!

Florida_2011_Day08_12.JPG

After the parade we wandered around for a bit. I love this view of the castle. There sure aren’t many folks at the Magic Kingdom, are there>

Florida_2011_Day08_13.JPG

Bruce was really into photographing the castmembers… Everyone was more than happy to play along.

Florida_2011_Day08_14.JPG

Bruce had a hankering for a turkey leg, so we headed off to Adventureland

Florida_2011_Day08_15.JPG

The turkey leg was great. It looks like we had an audience.

Florida_2011_Day08_16.JPG

Then it was off to Big Thunder Mountain. For non-roller coaster type of folks, we really took a shine to it.

Florida_2011_Day08_17.JPG

Then we decided to head over to Tom Sawyer Island

Florida_2011_Day08_18.JPG

The barrel bridge is not something that I would attempt after a few cocktails…

Florida_2011_Day08_19.JPG

Then we got the courage up to visit Old Scratch’s Mystery Mine. We kept a sharp eye out like it said, but we didn’t see nuthin’.

Florida_2011_Day08_20.JPG

When we came out of the mine the island was strangely empty. We made our way back to the dock and we found out why. They had closed the island! We were left behind! A castmember came out of the building near the dock and politely asked us what we were doing there and where we had been… Oops! We were in trouble!! Would we be able to make it off the island? Bruce turned on the charm and the castmember radioed to the keelboat captain and he picked us up. We had the boat to ourselves. Even though he had to make an extra run, he still had a smile on his face as he took us to shore.

Florida_2011_Day08_21.JPG

After our excitement, I decided I needed a dole whip.

Florida_2011_Day08_22.JPG

Then it was time to head back to camp. We had a hot date with our favorite bus driver and his lovely wife. We passed the shoe tree on the way.

Florida_2011_Day08_23.JPG

We got dressed and our dates arrived right on time. We had first class service and we were carted around in style. Lou even showed us how he can drive with no hands… He said that he liked to do that on the bus too.

Florida_2011_Day08_24.JPG

After a little mix-up on the dining plans we ended up having a nice dinner, a couple of cocktails and some great conversation with two great people. It was one of the highlights of our trip and we hope to do it again this fall. That is if Lou will even speak to us after we torture him with EWP, Small World AND COP, all in one trip!

Well we made it through Day 8. That leaves two more days. Fear not! I will get them all in before our next trip!

Coming up next – Back to Animal Kingdom and off to Downtown Disney!

Woo hoo!!!!! A Lisa update!!! This feels like Christmas!!

Love the food pics Lisa. The turkey leg and Dole whip have me HUNGRY!

As long as it doesn't take until Christmas for me to finish this. ;)

Even though it is 'Man Food' I have to admit that I like turkey legs too.

Woohoo, she's back!

Oh lord, I remember that line to get out on Monday. Worst I've ever been stuck in.

It does not surprise me that you ran into the Move it, Shake it parade. :banghead: Minnie had better watch herself flirting with Bruce like that. Trevor would not be happy about it.

I can't believe you guys got stuck on Tom Sawyers Island. :rofl2:

Hoping to rearrange some camping trips to spend some time with you guys this fall, but at the very least we will come down for a day of food, fun and drinks.

Woohoo, she's back!

Why do I suddenly picture you in front of a TV with a 'snowy' picture???

Oh lord, I remember that line to get out on Monday. Worst I've ever been stuck in.

We were sooooo glad we weren't leaving

It does not surprise me that you ran into the Move it, Shake it parade. :banghead: Minnie had better watch herself flirting with Bruce like that. Trevor would not be happy about it.

Tell me about it! Ya know, I'm really starting to wonder about these Disney characters... First Snow White, now this!

I can't believe you guys got stuck on Tom Sawyers Island. :rofl2:

Why not? It doesn't surprise me at all. :rofl2:

Hoping to rearrange some camping trips to spend some time with you guys this fall, but at the very least we will come down for a day of food, fun and drinks.

I sure hope you can!! I would be so bummed if you guys weren't there and of course Bruce would be heartbroken. When I told him that I had booked it, the first thing he asked is if that would be a weekend you guys would be there. I'm trying to decide if I should be jealous...

yeah!! Update!

What exactly were you two doing in the mine that made you the only two left.....

I'm not sayin' nuthin!! Nope... Can't make me! :rofl2:

ohh nice matching sleeveless shirts.

That's nothing! Some days we match our whole outfits. ;)

Maybe we could gets some pics of the Hayfield Camping trip!

Hayfield?

:rofl2: No Lisa, you didn't miss anything... I am thinking Rita is confusing us. H and I were in the hay field. ;D

Have you been talking to KFK about that gosh dang durn MPR thing she's got a goin?

Good for Lisa! That's mah girl! ;D

I. Do. NOT. Know. How. I. Missed. These. Updates. But they are maaaahhhhvelous dahhhhling! :banana:

As far as I am concerned you can drag this out as long as you like. It will give me something to look forward to for a longer span of time. ;D

Oh yeah.. I :heart: the photo of you and Bruce on the boat. It is my most favorite of all! :bighug:

Have you been talking to KFK about that gosh dang durn MPR thing she's got a goin?

Nah... It just isn't anything interesting. :rofl2:

:rofl2: No Lisa, you didn't miss anything... I am thinking Rita is confusing us. H and I were in the hay field. ;D

Good for Lisa! That's mah girl! ;D

I. Do. NOT. Know. How. I. Missed. These. Updates. But they are maaaahhhhvelous dahhhhling! :banana:

As far as I am concerned you can drag this out as long as you like. It will give me something to look forward to for a longer span of time. ;D

Oh yeah.. I :heart: the photo of you and Bruce on the boat. It is my most favorite of all! :bighug:

Thank goodness! I thought I was losing it!

Thanks! There are two more. One is coming right up.

Our trip was winding down. We only had two days left until we had to leave. We were determined to make the most of them. Once we were up and ready to start our day we flipped a coin and decided that we wanted to go back to Animal Kingdom.

Florida_2011_Day09_01.JPG

It rained a bit when we got there and we were worried that we were in for a dreary day. In the end, it turned out to be a great day though. Other than the late morning shower, it didn’t rain a drop.

Florida_2011_Day09_02.JPG

I love these boats. They are so colorful. It never ceases to amaze me how much attention Disney pays to the details.

Florida_2011_Day09_03.JPG

We decided to wander off to DinoLand U.S.A and see what the wait was like for Dinosaur. The wait wasn’t long, so we decided to take the trip back to the Cretaceous era. We escaped just in time and somehow it was all caught on video!!

Florida_2011_Day09_04.JPG

We browsed around the store for a bit. I love this dinosaur with Mr. Potatohead.

Florida_2011_Day09_05.JPG

I don’t know if we should be thrilled that they include a camper in the park or offended at the sign above the awning…

Florida_2011_Day09_06.JPG

Animal Kingdom Camo…

Florida_2011_Day09_07.JPG

This one’s for you Dave… By the way, the beans are remarkably similar to cowboy beans and very nummy!!!

Florida_2011_Day09_08.JPG

We wandered around on Discovery Island for a bit and who do you think we ran into? Why it was Snarky’s relatives!

Florida_2011_Day09_09.JPG

Then we went on the Pangani Forest Exploration trail. Well lookee here! This okapi must shop at the same store as the woman we saw earlier in the day. They are wearing the same pants!

Florida_2011_Day09_10.JPG

Looks like nap time for this big guy!

Florida_2011_Day09_11.JPG

We left the trail and it was time for Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle parade. We couldn’t have timed it better if we tried… and bark! and growl! and screech! and roar!!

Florida_2011_Day09_12.JPG

And stomp! and jump! and leap! and soar!!

Florida_2011_Day09_13.JPG

I was in the mood for a Yak Attack, so we wandered over to Asia. What’s this! Noooooooo!! It can’t be closed! Say it ain’t so!

Florida_2011_Day09_14.JPG

It was time for plan B, so we decided to wander back to Africa (damn, we get around) and have a drink at the Dawa Bar. I had some sort of margarita. It was good, but it wasn’t a Yak Attack. I’ll have to have an extra one this fall…

More boats. Gotta love the attention to detail. I hope that they get those fish on ice before they start to stink.

Florida_2011_Day09_15.JPG

We enjoyed our drinks and decided to call it a day since the park was closing. We headed back to the camper where the fur babies were happy to see us.

Florida_2011_Day09_16.JPG

Then we decided to do a bit of looping. Here’s Bruce’s self portrait of himself being naughty while I am mocking him.

Florida_2011_Day09_17.JPG

Then we got cleaned up and headed off to Downtown Disney for some dinner and entertainment.

Florida_2011_Day09_18.JPG

Our original plans with Lou the night before included seafood (eeeew!), but those went awry and we ended up having steak instead (yum!!!). Bruce still had a hankerin’ for seafood, so I suggested appetizers at Fulton’s Crab House.

Florida_2011_Day09_19.JPG

Bruce had something slimy and fishy smelling and I decided on a Caesar Salad.

Florida_2011_Day09_20.JPG

The bill for our appetizers came to twice what we had paid for our steak dinner the night before when we ate off property. Gasp!!

Then we decided to take in some entertainment. We saw Eddie Marshall.

Florida_2011_Day09_21.JPG

Some folks making fools of themselves in public… What the heck. It’s vacation, right?

Florida_2011_Day09_22.JPG

And we saw Patrick Frost aka shell guy…

Florida_2011_Day09_23.JPG

After catching a few more acts and having a couple of reeeeealy expensive cocktails at Pleasure Island we decided to call it a night. Bruce commandeered a vessel and we headed for the bus and made our way back to the campground.

Florida_2011_Day09_24.JPG

Up next… Surprise on the bus, Epcot and stalking fiends…

Our trip was winding down. We only had two days left until we had to leave. We were determined to make the most of them. Once we were up and ready to start our day we flipped a coin and decided that we wanted to go back to Animal Kingdom.

Florida_2011_Day09_01.JPG

It rained a bit when we got there and we were worried that we were in for a dreary day. In the end, it turned out to be a great day though. Other than the late morning shower, it didn’t rain a drop.

Florida_2011_Day09_02.JPG

I love these boats. They are so colorful. It never ceases to amaze me how much attention Disney pays to the details.

Florida_2011_Day09_03.JPG

We decided to wander off to DinoLand U.S.A and see what the wait was like for Dinosaur. The wait wasn’t long, so we decided to take the trip back to the Cretaceous era. We escaped just in time and somehow it was all caught on video!!

Florida_2011_Day09_04.JPG

We browsed around the store for a bit. I love this dinosaur with Mr. Potatohead.

Florida_2011_Day09_05.JPG

I don’t know if we should be thrilled that they include a camper in the park or offended at the sign above the awning…

Florida_2011_Day09_06.JPG

Animal Kingdom Camo…

Florida_2011_Day09_07.JPG

This one’s for you Dave… By the way, the beans are remarkably similar to cowboy beans and very nummy!!!

Florida_2011_Day09_08.JPG

We wandered around on Discovery Island for a bit and who do you think we ran into? Why it was Snarky’s relatives!

Florida_2011_Day09_09.JPG

Then we went on the Pangani Forest Exploration trail. Well lookee here! This okapi must shop at the same store as the woman we saw earlier in the day. They are wearing the same pants!

Florida_2011_Day09_10.JPG

Looks like nap time for this big guy!

Florida_2011_Day09_11.JPG

We left the trail and it was time for Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle parade. We couldn’t have timed it better if we tried… and bark! and growl! and screech! and roar!!

Florida_2011_Day09_12.JPG

And stomp! and jump! and leap! and soar!!

Florida_2011_Day09_13.JPG

I was in the mood for a Yak Attack, so we wandered over to Asia. What’s this! Noooooooo!! It can’t be closed! Say it ain’t so!

Florida_2011_Day09_14.JPG

It was time for plan B, so we decided to wander back to Africa (damn, we get around) and have a drink at the Dawa Bar. I had some sort of margarita. It was good, but it wasn’t a Yak Attack. I’ll have to have an extra one this fall…

More boats. Gotta love the attention to detail. I hope that they get those fish on ice before they start to stink.

Florida_2011_Day09_15.JPG

We enjoyed our drinks and decided to call it a day since the park was closing. We headed back to the camper where the fur babies were happy to see us.

Florida_2011_Day09_16.JPG

Then we decided to do a bit of looping. Here’s Bruce’s self portrait of himself being naughty while I am mocking him.

Florida_2011_Day09_17.JPG

Then we got cleaned up and headed off to Downtown Disney for some dinner and entertainment.

Florida_2011_Day09_18.JPG

Our original plans with Lou the night before included seafood (eeeew!), but those went awry and we ended up having steak instead (yum!!!). Bruce still had a hankerin’ for seafood, so I suggested appetizers at Fulton’s Crab House.

Florida_2011_Day09_19.JPG

Bruce had something slimy and fishy smelling and I decided on a Caesar Salad.

Florida_2011_Day09_20.JPG

The bill for our appetizers came to twice what we had paid for our steak dinner the night before when we ate off property. Gasp!!

Then we decided to take in some entertainment. We saw Eddie Marshall.

Florida_2011_Day09_21.JPG

Some folks making fools of themselves in public… What the heck. It’s vacation, right?

Florida_2011_Day09_22.JPG

And we saw Patrick Frost aka shell guy…

Florida_2011_Day09_23.JPG

After catching a few more acts and having a couple of reeeeealy expensive cocktails at Pleasure Island we decided to call it a night. Bruce commandeered a vessel and we headed for the bus and made our way back to the campground.

Florida_2011_Day09_24.JPG

Up next… Surprise on the bus, Epcot and stalking fiends…

sweet!

Did you get on Lou's bus?

Love the fur babies picture, but that Fudge ain't fooling me with his cuteness! I have seen the devil in him. :)) I refuse to tell Mason that he will be facing little Fudge again, he has just gotten over the trauma.

Trevor and I still laugh at your: "Fudgie, are we evolving?"

sweet!

Did you get on Lou's bus?

You'll have to tune in to the next installment to find out... ;)

Love the fur babies picture, but that Fudge ain't fooling me with his cuteness! I have seen the devil in him. :)) I refuse to tell Mason that he will be facing little Fudge again, he has just gotten over the trauma.

Trevor and I still laugh at your: "Fudgie, are we evolving?"

I think that Fudge has 'big dog envy'. He's great with people tho... Poor Mason. Maybe this year they will be buds. I have a vague memory about the evolving thing but I can't remember for sure. Is there a reason I would try to forget??? If so, then maybe you should text it to me instead of answering. :unsure:

:heart:

That looks so good. Another place we have yet to try. I'm not typically a big bbq fan so we don't go out for it. But I do like me some ribby's.

I'm glad you think so. After the time that I forgot to take any food pics, I feel guilty if I eat at a restaraunt and don't take pics... even if I'm not doing a trip report. My phone has quite a few on there. Some day I will put them on fb for you. ;)

NOT LIKE BBQ... be still my southern heart..... Is that allowed? :rofl2:

I'm not a huge fan of BBQ either. I'll eat it, but there is more work involved in eating ribs than there is meat on the ribs. I didn't take a picture of it, but I actually had the turkey sandwich... ???

Ok. I will stop worrying about you and worry about Dave. :))

What the Fort is a ribby anyway? :rofl2:

I ALWAYS worry about Dave! :rofl2: