A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

One last thing before we wrap up this report. Over the summer I had tempted our very own DaveInTN’s tummy with a picture of these:

Florida_2011_TripHome_01.JPG

He made me feel so guilty about not sharing that I promised to pack a bag of them in the camper and deliver them to him as we passed through Tennessee. We plotted and we schemed and after a few false starts, we came up with a plan to get together on our way home. Those of you who read my trip report last year know that Bruce and I stopped at the Krispy Kreme in Smyrna, TN to see Frank. Dave and I decided that this would be the perfect place to meet this year too. We planned the approximate time based on where we stopped the night before and then we kept in touch by texting as we got closer. Texting with Dave turned our little get together into a full days exciment!! ;)

We arrived, had donuts and coffee and chatted for a while. Dave contemplated a new career choice – he liked the hat:

Florida_2011_TripHome_02.JPG

And here is the whole crew (now you know what I look like when I am asleep):

Florida_2011_TripHome_03.JPG

It was a great meet-up and a great end to a great vacation! I hope we can do it again when we head to the Fort this fall. I’ll bring the chips!!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

Not to worry Lil one, I'll be back, Snarkier than ever, once the Pixie Dust wears off. Yup, even brain washed CMs succumb to it.

Just came over here from the Weathervane thread, sure looks like "MR SNARKY" made it back, over there!!

That meet up was a highlight of the month for us!! Getting to meet Lisa and Bruce was priceless. I hope we get to spend some quality camping time together some day. And those chips! OH MY THOSE CHIPS!! I decided after getting home with them that they deserved a special occasion to be enjoyed. And I knew just what that occasion would be.

Thanksgiving at the Fort with the Fiends!!!! Steak chips go very well with Russian beer!!!

P1030032.JPG

And apparently steak chips make me mimic Lorna faces.

P1030033.JPG

P1030028.JPG

And here are more Fiends that enjoyed those chips.

P1030029.JPG

It's kind of amazing when you think of it. Those chips really traveled!!! From MN, to the Fort, up to TN, and back to the Fort!

Fiends, doughnuts and grilled steak chips...sounds awesome! I'm glad you got to visit with Dave and his family!

It was!!

Loved these! I have found this brand in Michigan but not the Grilled Steak. :(Florida_2011_TripHome_01.JPG

I really enjoyed spending time with you and Bruce. I hope we can meet up again sometime soon! Great TR by the way! :heartsmiley:

I have had a hard time finding them lately. They are easier to find in summer. I can't wait to meet up with you again too!

Great report Lisa!! Extra cool that you met up with Dave & family.

Can't wait til the fall...no chips needed, just you & Bruce please! :jumpforjoy

Sounds like a deal!

Not to worry Lil one, I'll be back, Snarkier than ever, once the Pixie Dust wears off. Yup, even brain washed CMs succumb to it.

Phew!! I was starting to worry. ;)

Just came over here from the Weathervane thread, sure looks like "MR SNARKY" made it back, over there!!

:rofl2:

That meet up was a highlight of the month for us!! Getting to meet Lisa and Bruce was priceless. I hope we get to spend some quality camping time together some day. And those chips! OH MY THOSE CHIPS!! I decided after getting home with them that they deserved a special occasion to be enjoyed. And I knew just what that occasion would be.

Thanksgiving at the Fort with the Fiends!!!! Steak chips go very well with Russian beer!!!

P1030032.JPG

And apparently steak chips make me mimic Lorna faces.

P1030033.JPG

P1030028.JPG

And here are more Fiends that enjoyed those chips.

P1030029.JPG

It's kind of amazing when you think of it. Those chips really traveled!!! From MN, to the Fort, up to TN, and back to the Fort!

The Lorna face was classic. I can't see both of your shoes. Do they match?

I'm glad you didn't say that the chips 'got around'. That would have made them feel bad. ;) It is cool that my little gift was special enough to warrant a special occasion and pictures.

Lil' Lisa-

Great job on the trip report!!!

Dave-

The Russian beer I remember. The steak chips I do not. Maybe I got the beer to chip thing out of proportion, and that's why I don't remember. But, I think I missed the chips.

TCD

Thanks TCD! I told you I would get it done eventually.

If you promise to come and visit me in Sept, I will bring you some steak chips. ;)

Lisa,

Thanks for finishing up the TR. It was a good read.

Thanks Jeff! Good things come to those who wait, right?

ah.... pictures.... well I guess for you guys I'll let someone catch a picture of me. I am just slightly jealous... you got to have a Krispy Kreme AND meet Anna. Did you get some hugs?

I did! She gives great hugs and she is a little sweetie pie. Everything was great until she saw Fudge. Then she got scared and started to cry. I felt so bad!!