A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

I'm finally getting caught up on some TR reading and this one is great! Not too easy to reply using my phone, but the kids have the PC and they won't share :-(

I had to say, those freakish rabbit looking stuffed animals in the Japanese Pavillion are actually Totoro, from the Studio Gibli. John Lasster fell in love with the work done by that studio and imPorted the films. They are pretty cool if you've never seen them.

But I'm headed back to testing now, trying to find ways to crash that app and no luck yet! I think you built a bullet-proof app so far! And it's very useful, what I wish we had the last time I drove back from the Fort.

well that was easy!!

I should have a new review by the end of next week....

I've been trying to shake that reputation since high school... Some things never change. :rofl2:

I'm finally getting caught up on some TR reading and this one is great! Not too easy to reply using my phone, but the kids have the PC and they won't share :-(

I had to say, those freakish rabbit looking stuffed animals in the Japanese Pavillion are actually Totoro, from the Studio Gibli. John Lasster fell in love with the work done by that studio and imPorted the films. They are pretty cool if you've never seen them.

But I'm headed back to testing now, trying to find ways to crash that app and no luck yet! I think you built a bullet-proof app so far! And it's very useful, what I wish we had the last time I drove back from the Fort.

Thanks Dan! I know what you mean about using the phone. I surf covertly at work using my phone and it isn't easy!

I'll take your word on the bunnies... I don't think I would want to see the movie. The stuffies gave me nightmares as it is! :rofl2:

You get another gold star! If you ever give up your day job, you could get a job doing QA!

Day 7 Part Two

Ok… Let’s try to squeeze in another installment here between the madness that is my life lately. Before we go forward though, I need to take a step back. At first I thought this was a day that we spent at the Fort and we did spend most of the day there. What I forgot is that this was the day that I told Bruce that he was in charge of all of the choices about what we were going to do. I also forgot that he had chosen to spend part of the afternoon at the outlet stores. Yes… Bruce likes to shop. There are no pictures of that experience, which is probably why I was able to block it out of my memory, at least for a short time. So… where were we? Oh yes. We were heading to the Magic Kingdom. We headed down to the marina and waited patiently with a bunch of other folks. The first boat to come along was a resort boat, so we decided to take that to the Contemporary and then take the monorail from there.

Florida_2011_Day07_16.JPG

Florida_2011_Day07_17.JPG

We got off the boat at the Contemporary and who should we see?? It was Scooter Minnie and her hubs! No that's not them in the photo above. ;) We chatted for a while and then went our own separate ways. Bruce and I wandered through the shops and then we headed for the monorail.

Florida_2011_Day07_18.JPG

It should be a short ride from the contemporary to the Magic Kingdom, but they were having technical difficulties and we had to stop several times along the way. At one point, we had this great view of a “cabbie convention” going on below us.

Florida_2011_Day07_19.JPG

We finally made it to the Magic Kingdom and the place was PACKED!

Florida_2011_Day07_20.JPG

Everyone was waiting on Main Street for the parade, so we decided to head off to Adventureland.

Florida_2011_Day07_21.JPG

The Tiki Room was back under the old management, so we decided to check it out.

Florida_2011_Day07_22.JPG

It was just like I remembered it from the old days as a kid. In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room… In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room…

Florida_2011_Day07_23.JPG

Then it was off to the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.

Florida_2011_Day07_24.JPG

They need a few more vines here… It kind of messes up that “island tree house” effect. ;)

Florida_2011_Day07_25.JPG

Then it was off to Peter Pan. For the life of me, I don’t understand why the lines for Peter Pan are so long. It’s not like it is TSM… not even close!

Florida_2011_Day07_26.JPG

It looks like one of the “Grim Grinning Ghosts” escaped!!

Florida_2011_Day07_27.JPG

Nah… It was just Bruce hanging out in the smoking area behind the castle. ;) We hung out there for a bit while Bruce decided what he wanted to do next. We hadn’t done Buzz Lightyear in a couple of days, so what the heck. He wanted to kick my butt again and since it was his day, I gladly obliged.

Florida_2011_Day07_28.JPG

I did so poorly, that I was thrown in jail!

Florida_2011_Day07_29.JPG

Bruce was kind enough to rescue me and a stranger was kind enough to take our picture. See! We did go to Disney together! Can anyone find the hidden Mickey in this photo?

Florida_2011_Day07_30.JPG

Well, we broke out of Jail and decided to high-tail it back to our campsite.

Up Next… Broken hearts, Left behind and Dinner with our favorite bus driver.

Is it in the stitching on your purse?

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner! It was my favorite purchase of the whole trip! I got the black one on my trip and Bruce bought me the brown one for Christmas. They are on sale now for $21.99 at the Disney Store:http://www.disneystore.com/bags-totes-accessories-women-chain-strap-mickey-mouse-bag/mp/1273550/1000291+1000765/

She's back!! :jumpforjoy

I agree about Peter Pan. I think it's psychological, everyone sees a long line and thinks "I gotta do this, it must be good!" I've done it myself, and then was kind of bummed that it's the same Peter Pan I've seen for the last 40 years. :rofl2:

I'm super happy that the Buzz Lightyear jail was the only one you guys visited on this trip!!

She's back!! :jumpforjoy

I agree about Peter Pan. I think it's psychological, everyone sees a long line and thinks "I gotta do this, it must be good!" I've done it myself, and then was kind of bummed that it's the same Peter Pan I've seen for the last 40 years. :rofl2:

I'm super happy that the Buzz Lightyear jail was the only one you guys visited on this trip!!

You betcha I'm back! To quote Gretchen Wilson, "I'm here for the party!!!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is anti-PP. There just isn't much to do in Fantasyland these days. They better finish that expansion quick!

With all of the partying we did, it is amazing that we didn't get into more trouble. ;)

No ding ding. Cherie's answer is disqualified due faulty instructions by the moderator, Lisa.

That Mickey does not qualify as a Hidden Mickey. It's meant to be seen, so it's a Deliberate Mickey.

It's my trip report and I'll ding ding if I want to! ;) The purse is cleverly crafted and the Mickey is VERY subtle. I use one of my purses every day and most folks don't even notice it until I point it out. I would call that "hidden" ;)

• 3 weeks later...

....I spent my mornings on my computer and all of our time in line answering emails on my phone. Still we managed to have a super trip!

Wow, talk about a paradigm shift. It used to be common place for tech support to be handled out of a large call center in Asia somewhere. Now, when I need tech support, I will wonder if the response is coming from an entrepenuer standing in line for fish and chips at EPCOT. :)

CONGRATS!

Wow, talk about a paradigm shift. It used to be common place for tech support to be handled out of a large call center in Asia somewhere. Now, when I need tech support, I will wonder if the response is coming from an entrepenuer standing in line for fish and chips at EPCOT. :)

CONGRATS!

I answered an email while we were in the China pavilion. Does that count? :rofl2:

Thanks for putting this trip report back on my radar. We still have a few days left. At this rate I should be able to finish this report just in time for my next trip!