A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

I have a vague memory about the evolving thing but I can't remember for sure. Is there a reason I would try to forget??? If so, then maybe you should text it to me instead of answering. :unsure:

:rofl2: Alcohol induced memory loss?

Fudge was literally walking upright so he could see over the bottom of the screen room, and when you saw him you said "Fudgie, are we evolving?"

You said you'd never seen him do that!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

:rofl2: Alcohol induced memory loss?

Fudge was literally walking upright so he could see over the bottom of the screen room, and when you saw him you said "Fudgie, are we evolving?"

You said you'd never seen him do that!

Oh! That's right! I haven't seen him do it since either. I guess he wasn't evolving! :rofl2:

I'm not a huge fan of BBQ either. I'll eat it, but there is more work involved in eating ribs than there is meat on the ribs. I didn't take a picture of it, but I actually had the turkey sandwich... ???

I ALWAYS worry about Dave! :rofl2:

actually I don't like ribs but i sure love a good chopped brisket sandwich, potato salad... yum.. getting hungry!

don't we all worry about Dave?

Ok, I'm beginning to wonder about my bbq statement. Those ribs are making me hungry. And Nicki's mention of brisket makes my mouth water...I do love some good brisket. And I LOVE pulled pork sammiches. Maybe I do like bbq?? I just am not a fan of really fatty meats, and REALLY smoked flavor. Maybe I've just had too much bad bbq in my life.

Ok, I'm beginning to wonder about my bbq statement. Those ribs are making me hungry. And Nicki's mention of brisket makes my mouth water...I do love some good brisket. And I LOVE pulled pork sammiches. Maybe I do like bbq?? I just am not a fan of really fatty meats, and REALLY smoked flavor. Maybe I've just had too much bad bbq in my life.

I'm starting to feel better about you. All I have to say is -

http://rudysbbq.com/page/home

Sorry Lisa, I had a :bfart: for some reason I thought I was commenting on KFK's report! I don't know what it is about our little dogs that make them think they are 10 foot tall and bullet proof. Love the report!

Don't you wish we would notice them before the edit option runs out?

Pack dominance -The little ones need to prove that they are as big everyone else. The only dogs that will play with my big boy are usually the little ones.

Well, I hate to break up the food party, but I think it’s time to move this report from brisket to busdriver beefcake…

But first! (Where is that needle scratching across a record sound when you need it?)…

We started the day with a little bit of looping.

Florida_2011_Day10_01.JPG

Nobody was getting hitched today, or unhitched for that matter.

Florida_2011_Day10_02.JPG

Anybody recognize this site? Yep! It’s TCD’s favorite site – 617. Such a shame that a primo site like that was sitting empty.

Florida_2011_Day10_03.JPG

What the sites in the 600 loop are lacking in shade, they definitely make up for in scenery. I wouldn’t mind staying in this loop as long as we weren’t assigned to site 617.

Florida_2011_Day10_04.JPG

Florida_2011_Day10_05.JPG

Once we were done looping we packed the pups in the camper and headed off to the bus stop. We decided that we would spend our last Disney day at Epcot.

Florida_2011_Day10_06.JPG

The view from the bus stop:

Florida_2011_Day10_07.JPG

The view of the bus arriving – notice the bus driver waving frantically:

Florida_2011_Day10_08.JPG

Now why would the bus driver wave so frantically? Was it because Bruce was standing in the road taking his picture and he wanted him to get out of his way? Nope! It was because this was no ordinary bus driver. It was the one… the only… the best bus driver in the whole darn Disney World… Lou!! We had the bus to ourselves…

Florida_2011_Day10_09.JPG

And he got us safely to our destination.

Florida_2011_Day10_10.JPG

It was so great to be one of the few who have been fortunate enough to have Lou as their bus driver. We had said our goodbyes a few nights ago, but here we were and I had the chance for one last hug. ;) As we were heading to the door, I went in for the kill and promptly tripped on the step up to the driver’s seat and ... You guessed it! I fell! But Lou came to my rescue and caught me. Only my pride was hurt.

I got one last shot before we skedaddled off to the park.

Florida_2011_Day10_11.JPG

On the way in we saw these guys. I’m not sure how they got so far away from the Fort.

Florida_2011_Day10_12.JPG

A bit later we saw these guys:

Florida_2011_Day10_13.JPG

We saw Gary and Marilyn a few times that day as a matter of fact. It seemed like every place that we were coming out of, they were going in or vice versa. I’m not sure who was stalking who, but each time we saw each other, we stopped and chatted for a bit. We are going to be at the Fort the same time as they are again next year and we have plans to spend more quality time together.

We did Spaceship Earth just because it was there.

Florida_2011_Day10_14.JPG

And Test Track because it is cool.

Florida_2011_Day10_15.JPG

Whenever I see these signs, I always think about Lili von Schtup in Blazing Saddles. Do you think that is what they had in mind?

Florida_2011_Day10_16.JPG

Then we headed off around world showcase. We finally rode Maelstrom without having to walk off the ride and then we went to visit my favorite troll. You’ve got to watch out for that guy… He likes to pinch butts.

Florida_2011_Day10_17.JPG

Then we went to Mexico and saw the three caballeros (we sing and we samba…) and got a margarita.

Florida_2011_Day10_18.JPG

We decided to call it a day and we went back to the campground. Bruce took Tessy to the dog park.

Florida_2011_Day10_19.JPG

And then we took the pups for some late night looping.

Florida_2011_Day10_20.JPG

Then we took the pups back to the camper and headed down to the Settlement one last time.

I wish I would have known that these took quarters!

Florida_2011_Day10_21.JPG

And then we watched the fireworks. I know it is a terrible fireworks picture, but sadly it is the best one I have.

Florida_2011_Day10_22.JPG

And that was it… Our last day was over. We all got ready for bed and we had sweet dreams about all that we had done on our Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities!

Florida_2011_Day10_23.JPG

Were you trying to make Bruce jealous after all the attention he showed Trevor?

:rofl2:

What a fun day Lisa! Lou and margaritas? I would say that's almost near perfect.

Tess curled up with Mickey is too cute. :heart: Is she getting any better dealing with people?

Can't wait to see you guys again!

An actual Lou encounter.. on his bus! Awesome!

Barrels, new friends, my head is spinning from all of the stuff in this update! :banana:

I know! What are the odds! It was fiendishly magical!

it takes so little after the barrels

I really have to give them a try this fall...

You are a special women Lisa, you beat the odds. It has to be very unlikely that Lou would be your driver! Were you trying to make Bruce jealous after all the attention he showed Trevor?

Not only did I beat the odds, but I lived to tell about it! :rofl2:

Bruce knows that I'm a hugger. When I fell on Lou he just chalked it up as 'par for the course' for me. ;)

Awesome trip report Lisa!!!!

Thanks Carol!

:rofl2:

What a fun day Lisa! Lou and margaritas? I would say that's almost near perfect.

Tess curled up with Mickey is too cute. :heart: Is she getting any better dealing with people?

Can't wait to see you guys again!

If I had drank the margarita prior to the bus ride, that may have been a good excuse for falling. ;)

Our little TB loooooves her Mickey! Of course he is quite a bit worse for wear now. He no longer has a tail, his pants look like the ones that the incredible hulk wears and he has lost half of his left ear, but she loves him. She is a bit better with people, but still very shy.

Cool update!! I've sometimes wondered whether we ever rode on Lou's bus before we knew who Lou was. It's possible, but probably unlikely. In any case, looking forward to your next update. Looks like you may just finish this one before your next trip afterall!!

Hmmmmmm... I wonder why??? Could it be the funny paper hat??

There is always a first for everything. road_rage-28.gif

I had already let him chauffer me around once on this trip and lived to tell about it. I wasn't worried at all. Well... maybe just a little. ;)

You are a special women Lisa, you beat the odds. It has to be very unlikely that Lou would be your driver!

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

I did have another person that was on the other board that was staying at the Fort ride my bus, but we hadn't met previously. So Lisa is the first Fiend that I actually knew ahead of time to ever ride on one of my buses in almost four years.

I am waiting for the pictures so we can start his TR for him!

That's gonna be good!

Great TR. Makes me what to go to WDW. Oh, wait everything makes me want to go to WDW. :yaysmilesa-smiley:

I want to retire too!! Then I can plan multiple trips like you guys have!

I did have another person that was on the other board that was staying at the Fort ride my bus, but we hadn't met previously. So Lisa is the first Fiend that I actually knew ahead of time to ever ride on one of my buses in almost four years.

What??? No snarky comments? I am hurt! No more cruises for you Mister! It made you soft. :rofl2: