Hi Fiends! I just came home from a trip to Aulani! It still has a few bugs to work out given that it is only a week or so old at this point, but it was WONDERFUL!!!!! I have written a few articles on it and thought I would share them here with my camping loveys :heart:

I will start first with the important stuff

FOOD!

Seriously, Oahu's state scent has GOT to be roast pork and plumeria. Makes you want to eat and lounge around with a sweetie ALL DAY! Lots of pictures!!!!

Aulani Restaurant Reviews

I hope you enjoy!

Lucky you. We are stated to head back to Hawaii in 4 years for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We went there for our honeymoon and fell in love with the islands. As everyones says, "if you could afford to live there, you would" Hope you had a great time

Kim, did you stay on the hotel or DVC side of the resort?

We are saving our points up to take the DD to celebrate her HS graduation in 2 years.... Hopefully all of the kinks will be worked out of the place by then.

Who knows, maybe in two years they will have completed the bridge over from California so we can just drive the MoHo over. :rofl2:

Duane

Kim, did you stay on the hotel or DVC side of the resort?

Kim???? :rofl2: Well, I guess I don't have my name in my sig- and maybe Kim and I look like sisters? :P Haha! It's Ami, btw and we stayed in the hotel side...I have a video that I will post too!

We are saving our points up to take the DD to celebrate her HS graduation in 2 years.... Hopefully all of the kinks will be worked out of the place by then.

Who knows, maybe in two years they will have completed the bridge over from California so we can just drive the MoHo over. :rofl2:

Duane

I hear they're working on that bridge! Yep, two years sounds about right ;)

Thanks for all the comments! And yes, Monique- I am VERY lucky! :banana:

Great photos Ami! :rofl2:

I got really confused for a minute there. I didn't remember going to Hawaii. :D

Seriously, thanks for posting the link. Everything looks amazing!

That would be a problem- not remembering Hawaii! How sad!

I already posted this over on that AWESOME Disney Goddess site...but that food DOES look good! Aw Shucks! :heart:

Maybe we will go to Aulani some day.

But after 3 trips to Russia I'm not into long flights anymore. Is there a place in the lot to park my RV? B)

It IS a long flight, but after Russia it should feel like a skinny minute! Or you could wait for the bridge like Duane! :dance:

I have been to Oahu twice. Once as a small kid and second on our honeymoon. We didn't realize the wonder of Hawaii until we spend the 5 days on Maui. My wife had never been and I figured traveling all that way, it wasn't right not to visit Pearl Harbor. We were in Oahu for 2 days and Maui for 5. I can't explain how beautiful Maui is. I am more of a mountain type of guy and log cabin, but Maui made me speachless. Oahu in my opinion is so touristy nowadays. Maui is pure relaxation. Here are a few of our favorite pics with the fist one being the view from our room

roomview1.jpg

view.jpg

park1.jpg

blackbeach.jpg

I have been to Oahu twice. Once as a small kid and second on our honeymoon. We didn't realize the wonder of Hawaii until we spend the 5 days on Maui. My wife had never been and I figured traveling all that way, it wasn't right not to visit Pearl Harbor. We were in Oahu for 2 days and Maui for 5. I can't explain how beautiful Maui is. I am more of a mountain type of guy and log cabin, but Maui made me speachless. Oahu in my opinion is so touristy nowadays. Maui is pure relaxation. Here are a few of our favorite pics with the fist one being the view from our room

roomview1.jpg

view.jpg

park1.jpg

blackbeach.jpg

Breathtaking photos! We have not been to Maui~ maybe next time! So far our favorite island is Kauai. It's small but has desert, rain forest, snow capped mountains and gorgeous beaches! You can easily drive around the whole thing in a day! Our next trip we'd like to take the kids and spend some time "roughing it" in Kauai and then take them to Aulani. :heart:

Nice report we are planning a trip there in 2013.

Thanks! You will LOVE it!

I hate to fly, but after seeing and reading this.... I just may jump in!!! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Thank you for sharing! :banana:

My pleasure! It's worth the flight!

I wonder if I can make it for a weekend. I'll spend the whole time eating, from the looks of things.

I see no problem with eating the whole time! You get a view while you eat too!