Disney dream cruise Spet 2011

DSC00309.jpgLet me preface this by saying I am not good at pics and text, bear with me Please.

Here we are arriving at Port Canaveral

We flew down to MCO from detroit metro the morning of the cruise, our flight left at 8:30 so we were set to arrive in Florida around 11, everything went so smoothly the entire trip, we were pleasantly surprised. We flew delta and had our bags tagged for the cruise before we got to the airport. We walked down to the Disney cruise counter and got our key to the world cards and were all checked in, waited about 10 minutes and then we were herded onto the bus and whisked off to Port canaveral. We arrived just about the same time and George and Lynn and were only a few people ahead of them in line, since we had never met them we had no idea who they were. Kinda funny !

When we stopped in Nassau we took the bus over to Atlantis to tour the aquariums and check the place out, they had several large glass sculptures, this was my favorite. DSC00381.jpg

Dinner at Animators palate

DSC00418.jpg

cant recall what it was but Patti said it was good.

DSC00416.jpg

My princessDSC00517.jpg

After the cruise we headed to the Poly for 2 nightsDSC00525.jpg

The view from our roomDSC00528.jpg

Heading back from the Fort and a trip to trails end, just cant keep us away from the FortDSC00545.jpg

Tonga toast at the PolyDSC00565.jpg

Leaving the Poly heading to MCO and homeDSC00570.jpg

Here we are on the bus at MCO ready to ride to Port CanaveralDSC00303.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

Great job! Dave is going to LOVE all those food pics. But these two are the best. You guys look so happy and excited.

You in the chair, in the water, with drinks? It doesn't get any better than that!

Glad that you ha a good time, and thanks for sharing.

It was funny that we ended up at Fort wilderness after we got back to the Poly, while I loved the stay there it kinda reminded us of why we like camping in our trailer. Although I had budgeted for it, the price of food is shocking for just 2 people. When we camp we always have some food pre made so that meals are easy to throw together, I shudder to think what it would cost for us to feed our crew if every meal was purchased.

We were also pleased with the efficiency of the magical express and how smoothly everything ran. Every single time that we had to change transportation or get somewhere, they always knew exactly who we were and what to do to get us there. I had some apprehension about it before the trip but everything worked perfect. The checkout at the Poly was flawless, we took our bags down to the transportation desk (could have had the bellman do it but we only had 2 bags and they had rollers) and gave them our info, we paid for the bags (Delta wont let you prepay more than 24 hrs ahead of the flight and I dont have a travel computer) they tagged them and all we had to do was wait for the bus. Way easier than renting a car and having to drop it off.

All in all it was a great trip. We met some nice folks, ate some great food, drank a couple of beers and got waited on hand and foot (not something either of us is used to) It was a great way to celebrate.

It was funny that we ended up at Fort wilderness after we got back to the Poly, while I loved the stay there it kinda reminded us of why we like camping in our trailer. Although I had budgeted for it, the price of food is shocking for just 2 people. When we camp we always have some food pre made so that meals are easy to throw together, I shudder to think what it would cost for us to feed our crew if every meal was purchased.

We were also pleased with the efficiency of the magical express and how smoothly everything ran. Every single time that we had to change transportation or get somewhere, they always knew exactly who we were and what to do to get us there. I had some apprehension about it before the trip but everything worked perfect. The checkout at the Poly was flawless, we took our bags down to the transportation desk (could have had the bellman do it but we only had 2 bags and they had rollers) and gave them our info, we paid for the bags (Delta wont let you prepay more than 24 hrs ahead of the flight and I dont have a travel computer) they tagged them and all we had to do was wait for the bus. Way easier than renting a car and having to drop it off.

All in all it was a great trip. We met some nice folks, ate some great food, drank a couple of beers and got waited on hand and foot (not something either of us is used to) It was a great way to celebrate.

Wonderful pictures Steve It was great meeting you and your wife !!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! Wow, the POLY!!!! We spluged on POFQ for 3 nights and I kept saying, we could have driven the camper down and left it at the Fort for what we paid for that and the Sheraton, but it was nice being taken care of so thoroughly on the cruise!!!!! I sure hope our paths cross at the Fort or Disney sometime again soon!!!!!!

Great report and you pictures are wonderful. We did a Disney cruise for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago. It was our first cruise and gave me the cruise bug. :heart:

We are only about 3 hours away from each other, we need to make a plan to meet each other. :banana:

The trip also had some special meaning since some of the money to pay for it actually came from my parents. My Dad passed away in 05 and my Mom in December 09, they left us some money and thats really what pushed us over the edge of being able to afford it. I tried real hard to create new memories for my family and give some meaning to the gift. They were both hard working people that came from poverty and I think they would be pleased that they were part of making our dreams come true.

The trip also had some special meaning since some of the money to pay for it actually came from my parents. My Dad passed away in 05 and my Mom in December 09, they left us some money and thats really what pushed us over the edge of being able to afford it. I tried real hard to create new memories for my family and give some meaning to the gift. They were both hard working people that came from poverty and I think they would be pleased that they were part of making our dreams come true.

I know that certainly made it more special for y'all! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing.