Lookee what I found on clearance at walmart today...

http://www.skymall.c...3642584&c=10872

These weren't impressive at their original price but - on clearance for $15 - they'd be great for the pool, beach, or picnics - even to put up over the dog pen at the campsite.

I bought one for DD10 to use on the side of the football field during games when they cheer in wet weather. Just the right size to be portable and light enough for a kid to set up...

Thought I'd share after finding a full shelf of them at both the walmarts near us. I love a good deal... Guessing nobody knows just what to do with something in an odd size like 6'x 6' so they've got lots left...

They were on an end cap between camping and sporting goods facing the back wall when they clearanced to $25. The store closest to us has them on a bottom shelf under the quad chairs and next to the folding tables the shelf says $15 and they ring up $15 but the red clearance sticker on the box still says $25 price right now...

Every Wally World can set their own prices. I've even seen different WMs in our town have different prices on things!!! And they DON'T price match each other!!! I've gone to one Wal-Mart and bought something at one price, and needed more of an item, and went to a different Wal-Mart to get it and the price is higher. Showed them the receipt from the other store and they wouldn't meet it.

It saddens me to say that these lovely canopies are rather short, we just put it up at the powderpuff game and realised that its only about 5 ft tall and unless your sitting in some chairs you will need to hunch over. I will post pictures once we get home, but it seems to me that someone crafty and handy may be able to fix the height issue!

We are willing to bring one along for anyone comming to the gg, if our walmart still has them.

At 5 feet tall, I guess they would be okay to store stuff under at the campsite to get things out of the rain.

Starla beat me to it but we tried ours out for the first time today. For $15 it's the bargain of the month for me. It'd be great over top of a dog pen, grill, or at the pool/sports fiels. A GC would fit without a roof but not sure about roof heights to say for GCs with roofs. It went up amazingly easy & much faster than our big canopy - even easier when two dads jumped up to help Starla & I on the unattended ends. I'm about 5', give or take, and could stand up inside but the lowest points on the sides came about to my ears maybe... on the plus side, the top part that hangs over on the sides is screen instead of solid canopy like on top so it's easier to see thru. It definitely beats an umbrella or beach sunshade type thing and it's about half the size of our quad chair bags when folded up so really easy to take along.

Starla took some pics of it set up at the game. I'm sure she'll be along in a bit to post them. Assuming that they haven't sold out yet at our walmart, I'd be happy to pick one up for anyone going to the Halloween GG or heading near Gettysburg, PA this fall. Just let me know...

They had three left so I picked them all up. The first one has Judy's name on it though it isn't tall enough for her to do the promised table dance in...

If nobody ends up wanting the others, we'll just return them, either here or in FL.

I thought it was really funny, they've been sitting there for weeks but I had four people including the cashier and the greeter ask me if there were any left on the shelf after seeing them in my cart. Just proves what I've always thought - the stuff in the other guy's cart always looks better than when you saw it on the shelf... :rofl2: