2011 Benefit Sale at DTD is Nov 5th - Has anybody been to one?

http://psc.disney.go...enefitsale.html

Wondering if anyone has been to one of these sales... If so, how does it compare to the old sales which used to be held at Celebration? Is it just store reductions or are there unexpected other goodies not normally available to the general public?

from the WDW events email -

Shop, Save, and Give Back at The Benefit Sale - November 5 at Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney Marketplace - November 5 2011 - 5:30 - 9:30 am

THE BENEFIT SALE - SAVE AND GIVE BACK!

The Benefit Sale is a one day shopping event sponsored by the Walt Disney World® Resort that engages the local community to generate funding for the Heart of Florida United Way®.

The Benefit Sale Vouchers will be sold for $5 by Heart of Florida United Way®. All proceeds from The Benefit Sale Voucher will support the Heart of Florida United Way® with their initiatives in the Central Florida community.

The Benefit Sale Voucher gives you the opportunity to give back to the Central Florida community, PLUS it also gives you the chance to save big! Enjoy early shopping opportunity with incredible discounts of up to 50% off select merchandise items, special doorbusters and more!

The Benefit Sale Voucher must be exchanged for The Benefit Sale Wristband, which is required for admission to Downtown Disney® Marketplace merchandise locations participating in this event!

Personally, I'm doing the Gingerbread 5K run to benefit Give Kids The World on November 5th. Another 'Personally', I would NEVER give to United Way, because they share the donations with charities I personally find offensive. Instead of a blanket donation to United Way, I alway pick the charities I know will put most of the funds to good use - not some administrator's pocket!

The actual sale is probably very similar to the Annual Passholder sales they occasionally have during early morning hours a couple times per year. In a word, ZOO!!!!!!!! I have been to two of those sales. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I will never go to another one. You can't walk, you can't move, the super savings are junk they are trying to get rid of, and when you do get to checkout, it takes FOREVER!!

November 5, from 5:30am – 9:30am four hours only.

Vouchers will be sold for $5 by the Central Florida United Way and all proceeds from the Benefit Sale Voucher will go to support the United Way in Central Florida.

You'll get early shopping opportunities with discounts of up to 50% off select merchandise items, special door busters, surprise markdowns and more at participating DTD area locations such as World of Disney Store, Disney Days of Christmas, Once Upon A Toy, D Street, Art of Disney, and more!

Special offers and discounts for The Benefit Sale are being updated on a regular basis.

From WDW Magic...

Save 25 percent off select merchandise at Downtown Disney with United Way Benefit Sale

Oct 17, 2011

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Oct. 17, 2011) – Early-bird shoppers will have a fabulous opportunity Nov. 5 to support Heart of Florida United Way and enjoy discounts on most merchandise at participating Downtown Disney Marketplace stores.

Shoppers can purchase a $5 voucher that will serve as their ticket to The Benefit Sale. All proceeds from the voucher sales will go to HFUW and the many health and human service programs it supports throughout Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.

“For the second year in a row, Walt Disney World is teaming up with United Way to present The Benefit Sale, which is a terrific opportunity to shop early, save big and give back,” said Robert H. (Bob) Brown, HFUW President/CEO. “This event provides critical support for United Way; funds raised will help us support 108 local nonprofit programs that in turn help Central Floridians in their times of greatest need.”

Shoppers can enjoy great discounts of 25 percent off select merchandise at World of Disney, Tren-D, Team Mickey, Disney Days of Christmas, Once Upon A Toy, Disney Pin Traders and Mickey’s Pantry.

From 5:30-9:30 a.m., only shoppers with vouchers will receive wristbands to gain access to The Benefit Sale. Wristbands will be required for admission to the Downtown Disney shops during the hours of The Benefit Sale.

For details about special offers and to purchase sale vouchers or for more information about Heart of Florida United Way, visit www.hfuw.org or www.thebenefitsale.com.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Marketplace/News/17Oct2011-Save-25-percent-off-select-merchandise-at-Downtown-Disney-with-United-Way-Benefit-Sale.htm