Girls only Fort and Fort Fiends Dream Cruise

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am finally getting around to doing our trip report for the weeks of August 27 to the Fort Fiend Dream Cruise on September 4, 2011 I was not so sure this trip was even going to happen. First we had

Finally it was cruise day. Believe it or not, we were all up and ready to go on time. I was so afraid i would leave for our cruise and forget to leave the keys to the trailer. But i didnt. I was sorry to say goodbye to the 5th wheel. We really had a great time and i will most certainly rent from tina again. campatthefort.com Our limo was coming at 9:30 so i told my sister it was coming at 9 and the Disney van was picking us up at 8:30. What a sight. we had four large suitcases and four small ones. Well what do expect, we were four women. We got picked up promptly at 9 and waited at the outpost for our ride to the port.

DSC00030-1.jpg

We had reserved a stretch limo from Happy Limos and were thrilled when a SUV Limo pulled up.

SAM_0722.jpg

We were so excited, we could hardly contain ourselves. Had a blast in the limo. Even stopped at Starbucks so my sister could get her coffee fix.

SAM_0729.jpg

My daughter got the call from Mickey on the way to the port. She was hysterical laughing the whole time. Very cute!!

SAM_0740.jpg

And there she is. I Had heard so many horror stories about the boarding process so i was a little worried. It was only around 10:45 when we pulled. There was a god awful line up in the parking garage but they let us in and got out at the gate. THere were a couple of people ahead of us but very soon afterwards they let us in. There was no crowd at all.

SAM_0739.jpg

We went through security quickly and filled out the health form and then checked in. Much to my surprise we got boarding number 3

DSC00045-1.jpg

SAM_0746.jpg

We got our picture with Mickey (notice the head tilt). Then went outside to wait to board. Wow, it was incredible to look at. I couldnt wait to get onboard.

SAM_0752.jpg

I saw a woman waiting in the kids club line with an Auburn shirt on. I swore it had to be Jen so i walked up to see if it was and unfortunately it wasnt. I still hadnt met any of the fiends so i didnt know if i saw anyone waiting in the terminal.

SAM_0756.jpg

Before long it was time to board.

SAM_0759.jpg

They announced us boarding! How exciting. All i can say is WOW, just beautiful.

SAM_0764.jpg

SAM_0765.jpg

SAM_0768.jpg

We then headed to the Enchanted Garden for lunch.

SAM_0773.jpg

Mom found Bambi right away. It was one of those interactive pictures.

DSCN3917.jpg

SAM_0779.jpg

Here it was barely 11:30 and we were already having lunch. THere was hardly anyone around. AWSOME.

We had a great lunch and since we had our bathing suits under our clothes, it was off to do the Auquaduck before it got crowded.

SAM_0788.jpg

DSCN3932.jpg

DSCN3935.jpg

Had the adult pool all to ourselves. This was going to be my heaven!!! My daughter was so in awe!!! We called my husband to tell him we were onboard and my daughter just about cried and asked him why we never did this before. SHe was just beside herself.

Our room was ready promptly at 1:30 so we headed down to drop off our stuff.

SAM_0796.jpg

I just love this pillow.

We checked out the room and sat on our veranda and just soaked it up. We peaked in to see my mom intently watching the instructions on the tv on how to use the life vests. This of course sent us all into hysterics.

SAM_0806.jpg

SAM_0799.jpg

I decorated our door and put up our fish extender. Grumpy and Grandma stopped by and introduced themselves and i met Lynne and her husband next door to us. Headed out to the muster drill and then my sister headed back to get a shower. We headed to carols and got lost trying to find them but we eventually did and got to meet the rest of the fiends for the sail away party.

SAM_0814.jpg

SAM_0823.jpg

My sister missed the whole thing because she was still in the shower. No she wasnt shopping, the shops hadnt opened yet.

DSCN3957.jpg

SAM_0897.jpg

Had time for some pictures and then headed off to the Golden Mickeys. Wow what a show and what a Theatere.

SAM_0829.jpg

SAM_0838.jpg

Had a few minutes between the show and dinner and walked around the ship a little. My daughter being the shy thing she is (sarcasm) had the officers pose with her for a picture.

SAM_0907.jpg

SAM_0910.jpg

DSCN3958.jpg

DSCN3959.jpg

DSCN4108.jpg

Tonight was dinner at the Royal Palace and i cannot believe i didnt get any good pictures of the restaurant. I did however get a picture of the bread basket that i SOOOOOO want. Dinner was awsome and our servers were great. However it was late when we finally got out of there.

DSCN3968.jpg

DSCN3969.jpg

DSCN3965.jpg

Walked around for a while after dinner and then headed back to cabin. Loved the towel animals. Went to bed fairly early. Tomorrow - Atlantis.

I forgot to mention that on the first night, my daughter went to a meet and greet for 18 - 21 years olds. She was disapointed that no one else showed up. I really had hoped she would find someone her own age to hang with. She did find a girl that was 18 but she was going to the teens club and Jackie was not allowed as she was 19. She did seem happy to hang out with us old folks anyway.

Day 2 of the Dream Cruise - Atlantis

We got up bright and early to be ready for our day at Atlantis. We watched the as we pulled into Nassua from our veranda. Did i say how much i LOVED having that veranda?

DSCN3982.jpg

Since I am all about being waited on, we had breakfast at the Royal Palace. God it was soooooo good!

DSCN4028.jpg

Once we finished breakfast we headed back to our cabin to get some cash but our safe would not open. We called someone to help but we didnt have time to wait so we headed out with no cash at all. We had to meet at the Walt Disney Theater to go off on our excursion to Atlantis.

SAM_1071.jpg

SAM_1069.jpg

SAM_1067.jpg

We went out to board the buses to get to Atlantis and i couldnt believe that they just putting more and more people on the bus. I have to say it was one of the scariest rides i ever remember taking.

SAM_0935.jpg

There were seats that folded out in the aisle. That is mom and sister sitting in the aisle. That is me in the front there behind my daughter who took the picture. She was sitting next to the driver. She was very freaked out when we got off the bus. YIKES!!!!!

We took the tour of the resort and then headed off to the water park. It was definately a beautiful resort but i had some reservations that i will talk about later.

SAM_0962.jpg

Mom was not a big water park kind of person so we planted her in a nice shady spot with book while we tried out the lazy river. Well i have to say i have never been on a lazy river quite like that. It was LONGGGGG and had slides on it, rapids and more.

SAM_0967.jpg

SAM_0985.jpg

SAM_0986.jpg

This was the view from one of the slides. We went on a few slides and kept waiting to get back to where mom was but it seemed that the river went on forever and ever. I was actually gettting worried and we got out of the river and started walking but couldnt seem to find mom. We found her almost by accident because she just happened to stand up when we got off the river at one point. She was worried and thought we were lost. We were! We headed to one of the counter services for lunch.

SAM_0991.jpg

My daughter getting her first legal drink.

Mom was ready to head back to the ship so we walked her out to the bus stop and waited until she got on to head back to the ship. Little did i know that she decided to go shopping alone before she got back on the ship. I was soooo mad at her for doing that alone. She went to a jewlery store and bought some jewlery and then got nervous about the locals and went back to the ship.

We headed to the beach. I have to say i was not impressed at all. Now i realize that there had just been a hurricane the week before but the whole place including the water park seemed so dirty. The concrete walkways were slimy and really was grossing me out. the water didnt look so clean either. The beach was just as bad. I almost stepped on a glass someone left laying and there were people everywhere trying to sell you something. Anyway we stayed on the beach for maybe an hour at the most.

SAM_1013.jpg

SAM_1020.jpg

SAM_1037.jpg

SAM_1035.jpg

My daughter coming down one of the slides. I didnt go on this one only because i was just too tired to climb the steps.

SAM_1033.jpg

This was one of the slides that ended in the shark tank. The problem was that there was so much algae, it was hard to see the sharks.

SAM_1039.jpg

My daughter kep telling the whole day about the Mary Kate and Ashley movie that was filmed at Atlantis she watched when she was younger and just loved and pointing out places she remembered from the movie.

DSCN3996.jpg

She got so excited when she saw this because she said that one of the boys in the movie actually had this job cleaning the tanks.

We headed back to the bus stop and of course stopped to shop along the way. My sister just couldnt pass a store and not go in.

Once we got back to the port, we had to find the Hard Rock Cafe for my sister.

SAM_1059.jpg

SAM_1061.jpg

I have to say that i was a little nervous walking around the streets near the port and was really annoyed and upset that my mother was walking around alone.

SAM_1063.jpg

One last picture before getting back on the ship. I have to say i was not impressed at all with Nassua or Atlantis. It was dirty and grimy. Glad we went but i wouldnt do it again. Maybe it is because i have been on Disney property for a week and on their ship. They certainly didnt live up to those standards.

So back on the ship we headed back to get a shower and ready for the show. Tonights show was Villians and i had heard it was good so i was excited. My daughter found some of the fiends in the balcony are so we sat with them.

SAM_1075.jpg

After the show we were told to head out to look at the beautiful sunset. It certainly was.

SAM_1085.jpg

SAM_1093.jpg

SAM_1089.jpg

Then it was off to dinner at Animators Palete.

SAM_1095.jpg

I loved those port holes!!!

SAM_1102.jpg

Crush moved around the restaurant talking to dinners. Theres Lorna taking a pic.

SAM_1113.jpg

SAM_1115.jpg

SAM_1491.jpg

After dinner we headed to the District to watch the vertriloquist. His name escapes me at the moment but he was very funny. Show seemed far too short. Got one of those foo foo drinks with the blinking ice cube. I LOVE blinky things!!!

SAM_1486.jpg

My daughter was tickled to death with the rest rooms in the District. THey were kind of cool. After the show we headed up to the top deck to get some ice cream. I was disappointed to see that everything was closed by 12:00 AM. Soooo we went back to our cabin and went to bed. Tomorrow Castaway Cay.

Deb-

Great job with all of your updates!

I really want to go on a cruise now.

I agree with you about Nassau and Atlantis- we have seen plenty of both. When we visit there, we generally stay on the ship- it's a lot nicer on the ship than anything you will find on that island.

I remember my girls watching that Mary Kate and Ashley movie.

TCD