Halloween TR! We were LIVE at the Fort (...but not anymore)!

Super photos, Karla!!

btw, just bought the Nikon Coolpix S8100 myself... can't wait to try it at the Fort

IN 4 DAYS!!!!!

I think you will love it! I just bought a new adjustable wrist strap for mine as the one that comes with the nikon is not adjustable and it makes me nervous. I try to use one new setting on each trip, there's still a bunch I haven't used, which just means I must schedule more trips. ;)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After running around to restock groceries we decided to wander over to MK for EMH. Some of the decorations we saw along the way.... A lot of decorated golf carts are starting to show up.... Passing

Thanks! We think he's adorable too (well...most of the time :D ) So Lou...you're keeping your snarky to yourself??

Here's Aiden in his other costume as SNARKY visiting with some Fiends.. Ed & Rita's Momma... Joanne... We can't forget Lola... Here's Mason...he just loves Snarky's tail... Trevor to the r

Great pics!! (Well, except Papa Smurf..UGH!). Anyway, I have been very depressed because we have had to postpone our trip that we have grown accustomed to taking in November (we have to wait until March 2012), but your pics are beautiful and will help me get through the void! Have a great time! P.S. Your son is adorable!

The last couple of days we've spent around the Fort (waiting for the torrential rains that never came) and a few hours over at Epcot.

Here's some scenes from around the Fort (no narration needed)....

DSCN9919-1.jpg

DSCN9920-1.jpg

DSCN9923-1.jpg

DSCN9925-1.jpg

DSCN9910-1.jpg

DSCN9921-1.jpg

DSCN9908-1.jpg

DSCN9909-1.jpg

DSCN9914-1.jpg

DSCN9915-1.jpg

And here's some from Epcot....

DSCN0022-1.jpgDSCN0023-1.jpg

DSCN0031-1.jpg

(The sausage was barely warm and the pretzel bun tasted like a stale cracker)

DSCN0020-1.jpg

DSCN9992-1.jpg

DSCN9976-1.jpg

DSCN9991-1.jpg

The Segway tour...

DSCN9954-1.jpg

The Kitchen Chef's band...(they were good)

DSCN9966-1.jpg

DSCN0013-1.jpg

My little man making a wish!

DSCN0017-1.jpg

Great Pics! What the heck is going on with the back window of this van? Is that some sort of distortion on the photo or was that the way it really was?

No...I just distorted some identifying stickers... :hah: thought it looked rather cool with swirls!

Thank you everybody for the nice compliments.

We are so looking forward to meeting all the Fiends coming for the Halloween GG. :jumpforjoy

Aiden is only one of my very precious grandsons...his 9 month old brother, PJ, is at home in Virginia with Mom & Dad :heart: :heart:.

Tonight we have some new Fort news.....

Check out the addition to the walkway next to Feisty's site which is on the right side of this picture.

Yup...they added another pole right in the middle.

Seems a golf cart could just squeeze between the first two poles they recently put in.

So Disney, in it's infinite wisdom, installed another pole to keep those sneaky golf cart people from driving down the sidewalk.

BOO!! Another bad decision by Fort management. :argh:

DSCN8973-1.jpg

I'm sure WDW put the third pole in for safety reasons. Could you imagine crowds of people walking the "walkway" looking at the decorations and having to dodge golf carts?

Maybe the golf cart drivers should look for the "cartways". I'm sure many here won't agree with this, but foot traffic should be safe too.

The last time I was at the fort, I had to watch out for golf carts on most all of the "walkways". The drivers assumed the path was built just for them. Maybe you should have to take a test to drive a cart in the fort.

I'm sure WDW put the third pole in for safety reasons. Could you imagine crowds of people walking the "walkway" looking at the decorations and having to dodge golf carts?

Maybe the golf cart drivers should look for the "cartways". I'm sure many here won't agree with this, but foot traffic should be safe too.

The last time I was at the fort, I had to watch out for golf carts on most all of the "walkways". The drivers assumed the path was built just for them. Maybe you should have to take a test to drive a cart in the fort.

It had one pole on it making one side for foot traffic and one side for carts and it worked just fine.

We made the rounds this morning with our little Snarky Greeter....post your site when you get here and he will be around real soon to welcome you to the Halloween GG!

First stop...Ed, Rita, OldeKoot and Grammie (Ed's posted a picture of our visit already)

Second stop...Monique...oops! nobody home

Third stop....Cheryl...(I'm getting my purple spray paint for those green ears!!)

DSCN9315-1.jpg

Fourth stop....Pam and family

DSCN9320-1.jpg

Had nice visits with everybody and now we're off to DHS.

I don't have any great stories to tell like Ed's and this isn't a suspense filled TR like TCD's, so I guess this will mostly be a visual tour of the things we see and do.

Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand word (...and sometimes they're not worth a penny)! :rofl:

So here we go with this afternoon's visit to DHS....

First up is Little Mermaid...we really like the laser light effects but they don't photograph well.

DSCN9331-1.jpg

DSCN9349-1.jpg

DSCN9350-1.jpg

DSCN9357-1.jpg

We visited Playhouse Disney and when we got done had an encounter with a Little Einstein

DSCN9325-1.jpg

We wander down to the Pixar area and take in a game of Toy Story..

DSCN9383-1.jpg

DSCN9377-1-1.jpgDSCN9373-1.jpg

Here's some sites as we moved on down towards the Streets of NY area...

DSCN9385-1.jpg

DSCN9386-1.jpg

DSCN9387-1.jpg

DSCN9388-1.jpg

Stopped in for a little fun at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground...

DSCN9406-1.jpg

DSCN9411-1.jpg

Moving on up towards Star Tours...

DSCN9416-1.jpg

DSCN9422-1-1.jpg

"The Force is strong with this one"...

DSCN9425-1.jpg

Time for dinner so we head to the 50's Prime Time Cafe....

Stopped to watch the Disney Public Works Department while waiting for our reservation time...

DSCN9432-1.jpg

DSCN9433-1.jpg

After a long wait (they "lost" our reservation even though they had it when we checked in) the food was hot, good and well seasoned. Our server, Keith, was great and made a considerable fuss over Aiden!!

DSCN9450-1.jpg

Meatloaf Dinner

DSCN9454-1.jpg

Pot Roast

DSCN9453-1.jpg

Kids Chicken Nuggets (there were more fries but they disappeared ^-^ before I could take the picture)

DSCN9455-1-1.jpg

Kids Dessert - Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae

DSCN9457-1.jpg

DSCN9459-1.jpg

Apple Cobbler

DSCN9458-1.jpg

It was dark by the time dinner was finished...

Aiden was about to fall asleep in his ice cream so it was time to head back to the Fort.

We had plans to visit MK for EMH tonight....not happening.

That's all for now...

Maybe we will have more Fiends to welcome tomorrow???

DSCN9325-1.jpg

:heart: Aiden has grown since May! He looks like a little boy, instead of a baby boy now. So excited that he is the official greeter. Maybe he could deliver my Mickey/Minnie pumpkin to me? :wub:

:heart: Aiden has grown since May! He looks like a little boy, instead of a baby boy now. So excited that he is the official greeter. Maybe he could deliver my Mickey/Minnie pumpkin to me? :wub:

:fairydust: A princess has only to ask and her wish will be granted!

Seriously adorable. I think if you posted only pictures of Aiden you could surpass the record for most view TR.

Now there's an idea....exploit the grandson!! ::)

I do have some pictures coming up of Aiden on his first "big boy" rides now that he's passed the 40" height mark.

Wow, Karla, your camera takes great photos! They are so clear and bright!

I am really enjoying your trip report.

The visual tour of things you see and do is working for you!

TCD

Thank you very much!!

We try but this TR will never measure up to yours, Ed's/Rita's, or Doodle's!

Hope to get to meet you this weekend.